Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BLITZ MANNING

poult is offline Asst. Coach

BLITZ MANNING

not respecting this offense would come back to bite any opponent in the ass, even without moss.........
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Jarhead is offline Rookie

BLITZ MANNING

Manning is too good to think you can just blitz him all day. I've watched him get blitzed and light up the defense too many times. He will find the open man. We have to account for Pollard at all times and beware of James in the flat and on screens.

If our front four can get decent pressure I think our secondary can hold it's own. Just so long as we don't let James run all over us...
    And, ladies and gentlemen, I also know that he cannot lead troops to victory in a war when he has made it perfectly clear that he does not support the cause. -Gen. Tommy Franks on John Kerry-

pep2moss is offline Rookie

BLITZ MANNING

just a little stat, manning has been sacked only 4 times this whole year, ill be suprised if we get 3

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

BLITZ MANNING

We should not be blitzing Manning often at all. We need to play smarter pass coverage. I see us using the nickel and dime backs more often than anything. When they aren't in, I think we should have all four DBs back covering the deep quarters, leave the LBs to cover the flats and underneath routes. That does leave us vulnerable against the run, but I trust our speed against the run a lot more than I trust our pass defense.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

BLITZ MANNING

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    We should not be blitzing Manning often at all. We need to play smarter pass coverage. I see us using the nickel and dime backs more often than anything. When they aren't in, I think we should have all four DBs back covering the deep quarters, leave the LBs to cover the flats and underneath routes. That does leave us vulnerable against the run, but I trust our speed against the run a lot more than I trust our pass defense.
    If we can get the game into an aerial dog fight I think we stand a chance of causing Manning to turnover the ball. If we start scoring on both sides of the ball it will be a wonderful day!!!!

Lets go VIKES

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

BLITZ MANNING

"pep2moss" wrote:
    just a little stat, manning has been sacked only 4 times this whole year, ill be suprised if we get 3
    Hell, I'll be surprised if we get one!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

BLITZ MANNING

IMO, we should blitz, but just randomly. No pattern, and holy heck here it comes. I hope Hovan earns his money this week, if no other. Our front four gotta be on top of their game. Offense? Heck, we couldn't bumble as bad as last week, I am thinking, well....hoping, ever again. This will be the week Bennett reminds everyone why he went to the pro-bowl. If everyone else can show up, we are good. I wouldn't bet on this game, except, I would over-under....UNDER. I have been thinking for three weeks now we need to ball control this. Now I hear Indy thinks that too...hmmm. Gonna be one heck of a game.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: BLITZ MANNING

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Do you guys agree that we need to blitz the crap out of him? He will still burn us on some blitzes, but that is better than him picking our secondary apart all night long. Huge test for Cotrell...we'll see what our D is made of!
    Get to HIM!!! We have all seen the blueprint of how to beat the Colts. The Patriots have the right formula. Put him on his Purple People Eaters!!!!
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

BLITZ MANNING

Yeah, keep the DBs up close and tight on the WRs and blitz.

It is all timing for Manning, if you don't get pressure on him like quick, the ball is out already.

Might as well give him the TD if the blitz doesn't work.

Go D-line, we need pressure.

avvie is offline Training Camp

BLITZ MANNING

One other thing, folks...WATCH THE NO-HUDDLE! He will tire out the defense, and stick you with a Too Many Men penalty if your O doesn't get off the field fast enough! Free yardage!
    Non Illigitimi Carburandum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12