Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BLITZ MANNING

BLITZ MANNING

Do you guys agree that we need to blitz the crap out of him? He will still burn us on some blitzes, but that is better than him picking our secondary apart all night long. Huge test for Cotrell...we'll see what our D is made of!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

LuckyCharm is offline Waterboy

BLITZ MANNING

Yes, please Blitz him. PLEASE! :thumbleft:

2fat4uVike is offline Rookie

BLITZ MANNING

LOL, Luckycharm
    Don't blitz him, check out what happened to the Fudge Packers when they tried that...
    088676aa021b660e4a867e020ba397cf

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

BLITZ MANNING

"LuckyCharm" wrote:
    Yes, please Blitz him. PLEASE! :thumbleft:
    [size=7px][/size]

Oh it's on SACK TIME!!

The fudgies couldn't get him cause well they SUCK
    :|
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

BLITZ MANNING

I think if we blitz him we better be really smart about it and not do it too often. He has such a fast release time and his line usually gives him just enough time. I would rather see what our D line has been doing lately, bull rushing the O line and putting pressure on that way. If our secondary and our coverages can keep the receivers occupied then that way will work better than sending in blitzers. He will burn us if we blitz, he reads/picks up on that so easily! He is one of the smartest QBs to ever play the game!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

BLITZ MANNING

There's no way we'll beat Manning if we blitz often. Actually our front 4 have been doing well recently with pressure and sacks.

Ted Cottrell has done pretty well against Manning in the past. I hope he has something up his sleeve... I previuosly mentioned how it would be cool to see us go to a 3-4 if we're having trouble getting to Manning. That would throw off their OL because they'd never know which of the 4 LB's would be coming. I know this has worked against OUR OL (Houston did well, and one of the Giants sacks came when they had 3 DL and blitzed a LB).

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

BLITZ MANNING

some delayed blitzes up the middle would be effective in certain situations. i dont care how many yards we give up from 20 to 20 but tighten it up and dont miss too many assignments and we should be OK. the best defense is a great offense. we have one of those, lets see if play calling keeps us on the field long enough to win the game.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

BLITZ MANNING

I like the way our defense has been playing, but it was offensive mistakes and turnovers that cost us the Giants game. We need a mistake free game against the Colts. The local media has been talking about needing a "ball control offense". A ball control offense is fine as long as we CONTROL THE BALL - with no turnovers. In our road losses last year we had a ton of yards, with long drives, but we couldn't hold onto the ball..., it was a little similar to the Philly game where we would get to the red zone, then turn it over, such as Daunte's fumble on the one inch line.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

BLITZ MANNING

I dont think blitzing him continuously is the answer, It's all up to the front four and how they put pressure on manning, if they cant put pressure on manning and we have to send extra guys thats gonna suck! Cause that guy knows how to get rid of the ball. If the front four can put pressure on him it will make the rest of the defenses job much easier, and Cotrell.

JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

BLITZ MANNING

i will admit, your defense has been playing alright, however you let a very watered down offense in new york come in to your house and score 34 points. tiki barber ran all over you guys and peyton manning will have no problem spreading the field and throwing 35 times. if you guys find some way to stop the air attack, then they will run all over you simply because you dont have the personnel to stop the run. your defense is very average at best, much like the green bay defense. i just find your defense over matched and i think you guys will be playing behind and your offense is very human without randy moss. culpepper clearly isnt as good as he is with moss. moss is the type of wr who can make quarterbacks look like gods. look what he did with gus ferotte last year. with moss, i would like your chances a lot better because that defense would have to have 3-6 sets of eyes on #84 at all times. you offense without him just doesnt get the same respect.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast