Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Blitz blitz blitz!!!

The reason some many people have a biltz every down mentality here is becaus euntil recently our front 4 was not getting enough pressure on enemy QBs. Our DTs get double teamed and our ends did nothing to get to the Qbs.

The only way we got to the Qb was thru the biltz. Good teams don't need to blitz to apply pressure. However that was the only way we could get to the Qb. I think some people have grown dependant on seeing s blitz even though our front four have step their games up and we may not need to blitz as much.

As far as the comment about Brady, Manning and Farvecarving you up if you blitz, I say blitz them. They will carve up the Tampa 2 anyway. I say blitz them. Atleast you might catch them skipping a pass for a pick. I rather die shooting in a gun fight than on my knees.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Blitzing is the only thing that has allowed our pass d to look like a competent NFL unit...

I say we blitz and blitz often... it's pretty much our only hope at this point...
    Our DE's may be playing better,(however, i'm not sure how much better) but i still say we need to blitz..

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    Blitzing is the only thing that has allowed our pass d to look like a competent NFL unit...

I say we blitz and blitz often... it's pretty much our only hope at this point...
    Our DE's may be playing better,(however, i'm not sure how much better) but i still say we need to blitz..
    I don't mind blitzing often, as long as the blitzes are disguised so that Kitna won't know where they're coming from, nor if they're coming... That's how we got in Eli's head, we showed blitz on nearly every down, then drop into coverage 40-50% of the time (at least that was my observation).
    We have to get in Kitna's head, and keep him guessing - control the situation rather than let him control it.

This is something that we could have done better against lord Favre.
    He was in complete control because we allowed him to get comfortable.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Last week was the most effective blitz package I can ever recall us using.
    I am more accustomed to seeing the other team pick our blitzers up, and our DB's are on an island and giving up the big play.
    I say we stick with the blitz.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    We blitz enough, we win....What do you guys think?
    I'm just not sure how all of a sudden the whole football world (at least here on PPO) believes that alot of blitzing is a good thing when in fact most things you read on blitzing says it is a high risk, high reward play call.

Anyone but me ever heard of the old cliche' "Live by the blitz, die by the blitz"?

Look, I am not against blitzing, infact I believe it is a very important play that the D can use, however, if we have to keep blitzing at the rate we are, someone (i.e. the GB game) will just pick it apart.

The right answer is to get pressure with the front 4 and throw in a few blitz packages to keep them off balance.

It just mystifies me (as some of you probably can tell from my posts this week) why everyone is so excited about this.

Can I ask you Madden guys a serious question?
    Do you guys blitz alot in the game?

I blitz probably 90% of the time.
    However, I wouldn't recommend blitzing that much in real life.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    [quote]
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I'm just not sure how all of a sudden the whole football world (at least here on PPO) believes that alot of blitzing is a good thing when in fact most things you read on blitzing says it is a high risk, high reward play call.

Anyone but me ever heard of the old cliche' "Live by the blitz, die by the blitz"?

Look, I am not against blitzing, infact I believe it is a very important play that the D can use, however, if we have to keep blitzing at the rate we are, someone (i.e. the GB game) will just pick it apart.

The right answer is to get pressure with the front 4 and throw in a few blitz packages to keep them off balance.

It just mystifies me (as some of you probably can tell from my posts this week) why everyone is so excited about this.

DUDE, bc that is the only way we can get pressure on the QB.. i think everyone would prefer us not to and get pressure with the front 4.. but when we can't - blitzing.. as shown the last few weeks is effective and worth doing...

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

well Im in a tournament atm against my family, we play every weekend (Me: vikings vs giants,eagles,packers,raiders,bengals,cowboys, and TB). Im 5-1 right now and I blitz almost every play unless its 3rd and long then I do cover 2 or w/e.
    Thanks my friend.
    Couple of quick questions......

Is the experience level of the players (your family) all about the same?
    Which team gives you the most problems when you blitz that much?
    Do you get burned on deep or short routes when you blitz that much?
    If so, what is the percentage (roughly) of success (Pass defended/pass complete)?

Congrats on being 5-1 against that crowd my friend.

;D
    Np man.

Is the experience level of the players (your family) all about the same? giants raiders cowboys are my 3 uncles, they been playing since 99. bengals TB Packers are my cousin they been playing since 2003. me and my brother (eagles) started in 05.

Which team gives you the most problems when you blitz that much? The team that gives me the most problems is giants, maybe because he is more experinced, but he picks up on my blitz very well, but we get less pressure when we play against the packers, maybe its his OL.

Do you get burned on deep or short routes when you blitz that much? Oh deep most def. I always put winfield back so he can watch the long pass, but they pick up on it and hot route to put them on a curl, but when I dont put winfield back he gets beat almost everytime

If so, what is the percentage (roughly) of success (Pass defended/pass complete)? My first game (raiders) we had j-russell go 19-40, 6-20 in the first half. All was watching the game so maybe they had something for me since I blitz alot, but yes it works for you more than it hurt you.

Thanks for the congrats

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"kevoncox" wrote:
    The reason some many people have a biltz every down mentality here is becaus euntil recently our front 4 was not getting enough pressure on enemy QBs. Our DTs get double teamed and our ends did nothing to get to the Qbs.

The only way we got to the Qb was thru the biltz. Good teams don't need to blitz to apply pressure. However that was the only way we could get to the Qb. I think some people have grown dependant on seeing s blitz even though our front four have step their games up and we may not need to blitz as much.

As far as the comment about Brady, Manning and Farvecarving you up if you blitz, I say blitz them. They will carve up the Tampa 2 anyway. I say blitz them. Atleast you might catch them skipping a pass for a pick. I rather die shooting in a gun fight than on my knees.
    Seemed to be Philly's approach to New England last week.
    First time I've seen Brady get smacked around a bit.
    He still had a decent game, but not near as easily as it has been for him.

Nothing I like to see more than seeing Favre or Brady getting their ass slammed to the ground.
    Watching these guys sit back for 10 seconds waiting for a guy to get open is just painful.

Now I'm not trying to say blitz every play of the game. But is what worked great with the Giants is showing the blitz then backing off to coverage. Manning didn't know what to do. I say we blitz on all chances we can, but mix it up as well. It can really confuse a qb.
    Our D line hasn't shown a great deal of pressuring the qb but more stopping the run. We really need to get pressure on Kitna, when we don't...That's when he will just start picking us apart. I'm not sure if it's just me, but in other games besides the Giants game, it always seems there is someone wide open somewhere on the field, no matter what is going on. Some games like the "packer game" you some how knew every time the ball was thrown it was going to be a completion. We didn't get much pressure on Favre.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

see...

now blitzing is there to help end drives momentum, fluster a qb, get a sac, cause preasure. besides using the front 4. the problem is that if a qb isn't going to get flustered.. or, understands where the blitz is coming from they can plan a play around it.

farve did it.. picked us apart over the blitz.
    Rivers/littleManning are still young qb's and were fizz'd when flustered.. Kitna isn't on his best peformance for nothing.. he's finding holes.. now.. if we can get 2 him quickly.. maybe get a few hits on him he'll do for us what he usually does.. throw's to us!!

our blitz's also are working lately cause we are always disguising who's coming.. if someone or multitude are coming.. and from where.

if we can keep them guessing on that. the qb can't pick the spot were the blitz will be.. and where it will be open. I just hope to see some good hard sacks, and lots of hits in the backfield.

blitz um.. often.. fast.. hard!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast