Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Blitz blitz blitz!!!

It seems like we have played so much better as a whole team when we force the quarterback to make throws. The more we blitz the better off we are. While getting to the qb our DB's don't have to try so hard.

Put it this way..we have the best rush defense in the NFL and the worst pass D, which means teams are scared to run on us so they resort to the pass. That is the reason teams have passed the ball down our throats all season.

I say we blitz the living crap out of Kitna all game not allowing him to throw the ball. Look what the change ups and blitz did against the Giants. We were in Manning's face all game long, which caused him to throw four interceptions because he was forcing the pass.

We blitz enough, we win....What do you guys think?

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Blitz blitz blitz!!!

Last game at Detroit we tried to blitz but didn´t work at all cause of the great game the OL of The Lions had.
    I would also say blitz ,we have tried many times to use a cover-prevent D and haven´t worked ,in the other hand the blitz has worked many times for us (SD or NY).

Blitz and blitz fine.
    El underdog.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I'm just not sure how all of a sudden the whole football world (at least here on PPO) believes that alot of blitzing is a good thing when in fact most things you read on blitzing says it is a high risk, high reward play call.

Anyone but me ever heard of the old cliche' "Live by the blitz, die by the blitz"?

Look, I am not against blitzing, infact I believe it is a very important play that the D can use, however, if we have to keep blitzing at the rate we are, someone (i.e. the GB game) will just pick it apart.

The right answer is to get pressure with the front 4 and throw in a few blitz packages to keep them off balance.

It just mystifies me (as some of you probably can tell from my posts this week) why everyone is so excited about this.

Can I ask you Madden guys a serious question?
    Do you guys blitz alot in the game?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    ...Can I ask you Madden guys a serious question?
    Oh oh.
    The beginning of your downfall.
    Relating success in a video game to real life.
    I'm going to start a spreadsheet and move you over a few columns.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Oh oh.
    No it is a serious question.

I am of the mind that alot of people on here seem to like blitzing, or at least believe it is a way to be successfull if used alot without understanding the ramifications.

If it in fact works in Madden, then it would at least help me rationalize how/why everyone thinks we need to do it all the time.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Oh oh.
    i'll blitz like crazy if they're deep in their own territory or on third & longs.
    but normally no, i try and not blitz often in madden, but when you can't get at them using only your front 4 you can throw in plays where only one of your LB's or safties will blitz.
    But every now and then its fun to throw an all out blitz
    ;D

Best part about the newer Madden's is that they've added a function where you can select a single player, and choose "Defensive playmaker" and change what you want that single player to do, with out changing the play. (be it blitz, qb spy etc, anything u can think of)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Oh oh.
    i'll blitz like crazy if they're deep in their own territory or on third & longs.
    but normally no, i try and not blitz often in madden, but when you can't get at them using only your front 4 you can throw in plays where only one of your LB's or safties will blitz.
    But every now and then its fun to throw an all out blitz
    ;D

Best part about the newer Madden's is that they've added a function where you can select a single player, and choose "Defensive playmaker" and change what you want that single player to do, with out changing the play. (be it blitz, qb spy etc, anything u can think of)
    Very interesting.

I guess I should go watch Wildman play a couple of times and see what he does as well.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I'm just not sure how all of a sudden the whole football world (at least here on PPO) believes that alot of blitzing is a good thing when in fact most things you read on blitzing says it is a high risk, high reward play call.

Anyone but me ever heard of the old cliche' "Live by the blitz, die by the blitz"?

Look, I am not against blitzing, infact I believe it is a very important play that the D can use, however, if we have to keep blitzing at the rate we are, someone (i.e. the GB game) will just pick it apart.

The right answer is to get pressure with the front 4 and throw in a few blitz packages to keep them off balance.

It just mystifies me (as some of you probably can tell from my posts this week) why everyone is so excited about this.

well Im in a tournament atm against my family, we play every weekend (Me: vikings vs giants,eagles,packers,raiders,bengals,cowboys, and TB). Im 5-1 right now and I blitz almost every play unless its 3rd and long then I do cover 2 or w/e.

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

well Im in a tournament atm against my family, we play every weekend (Me: vikings vs giants,eagles,packers,raiders,bengals,cowboys, and TB). Im 5-1 right now and I blitz almost every play unless its 3rd and long then I do cover 2 or w/e.
    Thanks my friend.
    Couple of quick questions......

Is the experience level of the players (your family) all about the same?
    Which team gives you the most problems when you blitz that much?
    Do you get burned on deep or short routes when you blitz that much?
    If so, what is the percentage (roughly) of success (Pass defended/pass complete)?

Congrats on being 5-1 against that crowd my friend.
    ;D

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Blitzing the whole game against the Lions is a terrible idea IMO. They will already line up a good portion of the with four wideouts. Does anyone think that even with the blitz we will be able to get to Kitna before he's able to find at least one of these receivers? I would be extremely wary of pass-rushing more than five against this team.

The best bet will simply be to mix it up often. Make them think you're blitzing when you're not; blitz when they're completely unprepared for it. It's not rocket science.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast