Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blaming Daunte?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Blaming Daunte?

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Will the hate-mongers every go away??
    mnjamie, you revived a two-year old - dead - thread for this? Come on.

Caine

IL-Vike is offline Training Camp

Caine, you're correct! I didn't notice that the first post was two years ago! How times don't change...

So apparently if you get a lap dance(thats what the charges are) you are not a team leader. Everyone on this board last year said he was the leader of the team, even going into this season people raved about his leadership skills. The vikings have played one good team during this winning streak, and that team never showed up. Are record would be the same maybe one more win with DC. Remember before pep was hurt against carolina we were driving and the score was 7-0 them. For people to get upset at these players for getting lap dances is laughable. Pep is the leader and if the Vikes do ship pep, I'll ship back my season tickets.
    You republican whore!

IL-Vike is offline Training Camp

I'm sorry. I must have missed something. Who mentioned anything about Culpepper's behavior off the field having anything to do with his leadership (or lack thereof) on the field? I certainly didn't.

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    So apparently if you get a lap dance(thats what the charges are) you are not a team leader.
    If you have a lap dance in a strip club, or at a private party where everyone (including the servers) are hip to what's going to go on, there isn't a problem.

But, if you have a lap dance in front of others that aren't down with what's going on (e.g. 18 year old daughter of a cop), then you're an idiot.

Culpepper and the others were IDIOTS. Do you want an IDIOT as a leader? (no Bush jokes please)
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"jimmymac" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    So apparently if you get a lap dance(thats what the charges are) you are not a team leader.
    If you have a lap dance in a strip club, or at a private party where everyone (including the servers) are hip to what's going to go on, there isn't a problem.

But, if you have a lap dance in front of others that aren't down with what's going on (e.g. 18 year old daughter of a cop), then you're an idiot.

Culpepper and the others were IDIOTS. Do you want an IDIOT as a leader? (no Bush jokes please)
    DANG! :lol:

I think Culpepper can still be a leader for us. I've said it before... we all make mistakes. Don't forget, this players are normal people just like us.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    Don't forget, this players are normal people just like us.
    … except they are easily recognizable with cameras/media everywhere and people looking for them to mess up.

Maybe they’re normal people, but not a normal environment.
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

Daunte can't be blamed for this...he had a dominate preseason (even though that means nothing) but he looked the same as he did the year before. I just think that without matt birk, he couldnt read defenses like he used too...now im not saying that birk by any means made culpepper, but i just think it makes culpepper that much better with that much help...

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    Will the hate-mongers every go away??
    Not if you keep bringing these posts back. :grin:
    You have to admit .. this thing has taken off .... :lol: . Nevermind that it's 2 years old ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123