Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    enlvikeman's Avatar
    enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,395

    Blame Randy Moss

    Don't blame the Vikings orginization, the coaching staff or prospective and past owners. I love Randy Moss just as much as anyone here however when I think about this whole trade situation I think the blame lays solely on Randy. Nobody told him to criticize his current head coach on national tv, walk off the field or act the way he does.

    Team chemistry is everything and this is something we will finally have. I think the trade will breath fresh life into the Vikings. We will pick up another receiver and the Vikes will be fine. Did any of you believe that Moss would actually retire a Viking. Nobody stays with the same team throughout their career anymore. So to you Mr. Moss I say thanks for the memories, you will always be a Viking in my eyes, and good luck the rest of your career. :salute: Vikes 2005...a new birth into a new season!



    "24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

    CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

  2. #2
    JTSnow's Avatar
    JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    326

    Blame Randy Moss

    I totally agree with you.
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

  3. #3
    XTAP59's Avatar
    XTAP59 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    777

    Re: Blame Randy Moss

    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Don't blame the Vikings orginization, the coaching staff or prospective and past owners. I love Randy Moss just as much as anyone here however when I think about this whole trade situation I think the blame lays solely on Randy. Nobody told him to criticize his current head coach on national tv, walk off the field or act the way he does.

    Team chemistry is everything and this is something we will finally have. I think the trade will breath fresh life into the Vikings. We will pick up another receiver and the Vikes will be fine. Did any of you believe that Moss would actually retire a Viking. Nobody stays with the same team throughout their career anymore. So to you Mr. Moss I say thanks for the memories, you will always be a Viking in my eyes, and good luck the rest of your career. :salute: Vikes 2005...a new birth into a new season!
    Cleveland has team chemistry.......

    LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

  4. #4
    JDogg926's Avatar
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,786

    Re: Blame Randy Moss

    "XTAP59" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Don't blame the Vikings orginization, the coaching staff or prospective and past owners. I love Randy Moss just as much as anyone here however when I think about this whole trade situation I think the blame lays solely on Randy. Nobody told him to criticize his current head coach on national tv, walk off the field or act the way he does.

    Team chemistry is everything and this is something we will finally have. I think the trade will breath fresh life into the Vikings. We will pick up another receiver and the Vikes will be fine. Did any of you believe that Moss would actually retire a Viking. Nobody stays with the same team throughout their career anymore. So to you Mr. Moss I say thanks for the memories, you will always be a Viking in my eyes, and good luck the rest of your career. :salute: Vikes 2005...a new birth into a new season!
    Cleveland has team chemistry.......
    Good point
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

  5. #5
    enlvikeman's Avatar
    enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,395

    Blame Randy Moss

    So do the Patriots...and Eagles.



    "24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

    CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

  6. #6
    JDogg926's Avatar
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,786

    Re: Blame Randy Moss

    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Don't blame the Vikings orginization, the coaching staff or prospective and past owners. I love Randy Moss just as much as anyone here however when I think about this whole trade situation I think the blame lays solely on Randy. Nobody told him to criticize his current head coach on national tv, walk off the field or act the way he does.

    Team chemistry is everything and this is something we will finally have. I think the trade will breath fresh life into the Vikings. We will pick up another receiver and the Vikes will be fine. Did any of you believe that Moss would actually retire a Viking. Nobody stays with the same team throughout their career anymore. So to you Mr. Moss I say thanks for the memories, you will always be a Viking in my eyes, and good luck the rest of your career. :salute: Vikes 2005...a new birth into a new season!
    How about we blame Brett Favre for walking off the field with half a minute left in the game in the Metrodome a couple years ago. Yeah, the Bengals and 49ers got rid of their cancers last year. What did those cancers do this year??? Someone help me out, I'm having trouble remembering.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

  7. #7
    Purple Dragoon is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    24

    We have no need for a Randy Moss on this team

    Look at the Patriots, look at their receivers. Do you see any stars there? Hell no! What they have are guys who play well in the spread offense, where receivers can't be selfish or care about their stats, because none of them are going to get 10 tds, or 1000 yards.

    I'm a big believer in the spread offense now. Watching the Patriots win 3 Super Bowls with it has proven its validity to me. When you have 3 or 4 fast receivers on the field, the Cover 2 zone D can't really combat it. Man coverage agaisnt it is just as like to give up a big play.

    Also, Moss is a cancer, will be a cancer, and will always be remembered as a cancer. You guys are way too pessimistic about this trade, I think Packers fans actually have it right; they're mighty afraid of us now, without Randy's distractions, they see Daunte taking control of this team, and finally leading because he doesn't have the huge concrete albatross named Moss around his neck.

    I mean, how many Super Bowls did we win with Randy? None. Sure he put up great stats and his catches were amazing, but tell me, what team that totally relies on its offense wins these days? No team, thats for damn sure.

    I like the Moss trade, Harris will help solidfy the LB corps, and whoever we get with the 7th pick (Derrick Johnson I hope) will come in an be an instant contributor. The Vikings have to get a FA WR though, and maybe a D lineman. We need a great defense if we want to win a championship, and defense and team chemistry matter much more than a hall of fame receiver who runs his mouth and makes all sorts of problems for the team.

    Also, I think in the future, the Vikiings should get a really good TE, in the vein of Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, or Alge Crumpler. TE's today really help agaisnt the Cover 2, because most LBs aren't fast enough to cover them well, and most DBs are too small to cover them. I don't really know if Kleinsasser can fit this mold, his blocking is outstanding and the key to our running game, but I don't know if he can do it yet.
    With a great pass catching TE on our O, our O will be totally unstoppable, Burleson is perfect in the Cris Carter mold, Robinson can use his size to go up for balls, and Campbell can go deep with his great speed.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,160

    Blame Randy Moss

    Bill Belichick, Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis > Mice Tice, Ted Cotrell, Steve Loney

    Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

  9. #9
    JTSnow's Avatar
    JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    326

    Re: We have no need for a Randy Moss on this team

    "Purple Dragoon" wrote:
    Look at the Patriots, look at their receivers. Do you see any stars there? Hell no! What they have are guys who play well in the spread offense, where receivers can't be selfish or care about their stats, because none of them are going to get 10 tds, or 1000 yards.

    I'm a big believer in the spread offense now. Watching the Patriots win 3 Super Bowls with it has proven its validity to me. When you have 3 or 4 fast receivers on the field, the Cover 2 zone D can't really combat it. Man coverage agaisnt it is just as like to give up a big play.

    Also, Moss is a cancer, will be a cancer, and will always be remembered as a cancer. You guys are way too pessimistic about this trade, I think Packers fans actually have it right; they're mighty afraid of us now, without Randy's distractions, they see Daunte taking control of this team, and finally leading because he doesn't have the huge concrete albatross named Moss around his neck.

    I mean, how many Super Bowls did we win with Randy? None. Sure he put up great stats and his catches were amazing, but tell me, what team that totally relies on its offense wins these days? No team, thats for gol 'darnit sure.

    I like the Moss trade, Harris will help solidfy the LB corps, and whoever we get with the 7th pick (Derrick Johnson I hope) will come in an be an instant contributor. The Vikings have to get a FA WR though, and maybe a D lineman. We need a great defense if we want to win a championship, and defense and team chemistry matter much more than a hall of fame receiver who runs his mouth and makes all sorts of problems for the team.

    Also, I think in the future, the Vikiings should get a really good TE, in the vein of Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, or Alge Crumpler. TE's today really help agaisnt the Cover 2, because most LBs aren't fast enough to cover them well, and most DBs are too small to cover them. I don't really know if Kleinsasser can fit this mold, his blocking is outstanding and the key to our running game, but I don't know if he can do it yet.
    With a great pass catching TE on our O, our O will be totally unstoppable, Burleson is perfect in the Cris Carter mold, Robinson can use his size to go up for balls, and Campbell can go deep with his great speed.
    agreed
    moss leaving is one small step to the SUPERBOWL.
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

  10. #10
    Del Rio Guest

    Blame Randy Moss

    I wouldn't say he was a cancer to our team. I would say he wasn't giving our team his all.

    It has been building to this for a long time and frankly I'm relieved to see Tice/Red have the balls to do it.

    Now to see if they can be aggressive with FA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Saw T.O. do something that Randy Moss never would have...
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 03:40 PM
  2. RANDY MOSS!!
    By mnrockstar in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 05:06 AM
  3. Randy Moss.....
    By smootpepper in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-25-2005, 07:52 AM
  4. Randy Moss
    By vikez06 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 09:01 PM
  5. Randy Moss
    By wv__viking__fan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-23-2004, 05:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •