singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Blair Walsh struggling

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Special-teams coordinator Mike Priefer said Monday "timing issues" are causing problems within the kicking threesome.

"That's something that's ongoing," he said. "It takes a couple weeks of training camp to get back into the rhythm and timing to be successful."
    He did make a 60-yarder during Saturday's scrimmage that stuck with Priefer.

"I think his mental toughness is better than a year ago because he missed the two and he said let's go back to 60 and then he drove one from 60," Priefer said. "He doesn't blink. He misses one, he moves on."
    It sounds more like they're struggling as a group to me. Or at least Locke is struggling as the holder. Of course Walsh is gonna miss once in a while, but if he's hitting 60 yard field goals, I can't believe it's really him that's struggling.

If timing is the issue, and the kicker and long snapper are the same, what is causing the timing issue? Probably the new holder.

Like Priefer said, it takes a couple weeks, so hopefully that's the case here.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    It sounds more like they're struggling as a group to me. Or at least Locke is struggling as the holder. Of course Walsh is gonna miss once in a while, but if he's hitting 60 yard field goals, I can't believe it's really him that's struggling.

If timing is the issue, and the kicker and long snapper are the same, what is causing the timing issue? Probably the new holder.

Like Priefer said, it takes a couple weeks, so hopefully that's the case here.
    Locke is part of the problem, but Walsh changed something as well. Something about his footwork that is also an issue.

I suspect they will get it all worked out though even though I'm not sure why they would adjust the kicker at the same time they are introducing a new holder. You'd think they'd get Locke fixed and then work on Walsh.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    He will be fine.They have a new holder and they have to get their timing down.