Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    I'd write a long thoughtful post about this......except he's a kicker. We're only going to REALLY care if he misses FG's that cost us games.

Of course, with our offense, that probably won't be an issue....

Caine

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I'd write a long thoughtful post about this......except he's a kicker. We're only going to REALLY care if he misses FG's that cost us games.

Of course, with our offense, that probably won't be an issue....

Caine
    Well put Caine. I will say that I have no strong feelings on this one way or the other. Longwell was accurate and clutch, but he has slipped. His touchback percentage we poor, and coupled with our poor special teams play at times, cost us field position.

Guess Spielman is putting his stamp on this team. Will see what happens as the season progesses.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Kickers don't generally give up points. Special teams players & defenses do.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    At least we didn't draft this kicker as high as the Jets drafted Nugent years ago.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    The Rams rookie kicker better stop stealing some of Blair Walsh' thunder. I think a NFL record 69-yarder this week will make everyone know who's the best rookie kicker this year.

But seriously, I wish the Vikings gave him a shot at it. I think he could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    At least we didn't draft this kicker as high as the Jets drafted Nugent years ago.
    If they hadn't taken him, we would have taken him 2 picks later. We were going to grab him, but the Jets moved up to get him. Because of it we took Marcus Johnson Instead to complete the trifecta of Williamson, James & Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    The Rams rookie kicker better stop stealing some of Blair Walsh' thunder. I think a NFL record 69-yarder this week will make everyone know who's the best rookie kicker this year.

But seriously, I wish the Vikings gave him a shot at it. I think he could do it.
    Both the 49ers & Cardinals have longer FG's than the Ram's do, plus there's 2 additional kickers with FG's longer than Walsh. One of them being TB's kicker who we face tomorrow.

Personally, I'd rather see TD's than FG's, but would still love to see another long game winning FG like we did when we beat the Packers in 2005 with Edinger's 56 yarder.

On a side note, sure glad we don't have Crosby, who's only making 73% of his. Perhaps GB should see if Longwell wants back in. He was kicking better than that last year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12