Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Blaine Stadium plans not liked

Everyone all at once......

WE DONT NEED NO STINKIN DOME!!! aayyyyyyy!
    :lol:

I am all for using public FINANCING for a stadium, The team should have to pay back what they borrow like red has been trying to do for 7 years now. The problem with Minnesota(the standstill state) is people do not know the difference between funding and financing. We funded the guthrie(never will visit it but my taxes paid for it),as well as other artsy places. These places do not pay anything back. What Red wanted was a LOAN!!!that would be paid back in time. Then people got on his case like he was micheal jackson teaching first graders at an all boy school. Yeah i get it he's not from minnesota,dosn't mean he will run out of town with team. Pass the stadium bills please!!!!!I'm tired of this nonsence. I know our schools won't close and roads won't fall apart. Here's to our state reps :thebirdman:
    You republican whore!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I also hear that this could be a ploy to be able to purchase the land for "Bud Grant Field" at a reduced price, they are also looking at a site that is 8 miles from the Blaine stie.

The Twins and Gophers are getting it right with outdoor stadiums let's build one like the proposed pictures at Vikings.com that thing is frickin' awesome looking.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

good for him, he's putting a lot of money into this he should have a big say and get what he wants.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

JLDII is offline Rookie

"Vikings Fan At MSU" wrote:
    "JLDII" wrote:
    Having lived in this area for some time. I can tell you the Blaine location makes alot more sense than the Lino Lakes location. Lino Lakes is way to far removed from the hub area of the Twin Cities. If getting there is a problem, because it is so far removed from the downtown area, corporate ticket sells will probably drop off.

In Blaine, the stadium would be accessable from many different hiways in all directions, whereas in Lino Lakes, everything will have to come and go on I35.
    I have lived in Blaine for almost 21 years now.
    Apparently you dont know the area very well. First of all Lino Lakes and Blaine border eachother as cities. From where they are telling the location would be it's virtually right on the border of the two cities. By the way 35W runs through by Lino Lakes so it isnt hard to get to.
    The Blaine site is more accessable from more directions than Lino Lakes. From downtown Mpls., you can go straight north on Central from the heart of downtown, you can take 94 up to 252 and cross over on 10/610 to Central and be only a couple miles from it. Western state and suburbs can come across on either 94, or 610 to get there. From the north you come in on 35W. From St.Paul you can come across on 10 or 280 and either take 35W north, or hook up to 610 and come across to Central. The Lino Lakes site is 8 miles further east, and almost all traffic would be funneled onto 35E or 35W in order to get in and out of there.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to slide into it broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming at the top of your lungs......
    "WOW, What a ride!"

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

how do you get there from Nazareth PA? I think the Vikes need to move to PA so i can go to a game once in awhile... jk. but i'd like it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123