Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Vikings Fan At MSU is offline Training Camp

Re: Blaine Stadium plans not liked

"JLDII" wrote:
    Having lived in this area for some time. I can tell you the Blaine location makes alot more sense than the Lino Lakes location. Lino Lakes is way to far removed from the hub area of the Twin Cities. If getting there is a problem, because it is so far removed from the downtown area, corporate ticket sells will probably drop off.

In Blaine, the stadium would be accessable from many different hiways in all directions, whereas in Lino Lakes, everything will have to come and go on I35.
    I have lived in Blaine for almost 21 years now.
    Apparently you dont know the area very well. First of all Lino Lakes and Blaine border eachother as cities. From where they are telling the location would be it's virtually right on the border of the two cities. By the way 35W runs through by Lino Lakes so it isnt hard to get to.
    Make Derrick Johnson the 7th pick in the 2005 NFL Draft

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I like any plan for a new stadium. My tax dollars do not have to aid in the financing of it! :lol: (j/k)

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Lando" wrote:
    Also -- what is the scoop with him saying he doesn't want a dome. That would be great for the Vikings, but in general (like they say) make it almost useless for anything else.
    No dome!!!!!!!

The dome is what killed us in the first place, domes are for pussies, go back outside!!!

YEAH!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    "Lando" wrote:
    Also -- what is the scoop with him saying he doesn't want a dome. That would be great for the Vikings, but in general (like they say) make it almost useless for anything else.
    No dome!!!!!!!

The dome is what killed us in the first place, domes are for pussies, go back outside!!!

YEAH!
    What he said!

Lando is offline Rookie

I don't want a dome either .. but the new stadium would be great and ensure the Vikes stick around for a long time. A retractable roof is the way to go!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"SKOL" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    One beef has always been how little money the team makes, with a stadium that can be used for many things outside of the football season then the potential to use it to full effect has to be a big factor -
    Then the rich owners should pay for it themselves. JMO, but how can the Vikings expect to benefit financially from non-football functions when the owner only paid a portion of the money to build it? The rest of the money will be put up by the county and the state (unless there's some other investors involved).

I think a lot of the beef was related to parking, which the team has never received, since the parking around the dome is privately, or city, owned.
    I agree with you on that, I think that the owners should put in the majority share and benefit in proportion to what they did put up. The state/county gains due to visitors bringing $$ to the area, taxes from the companies/businesses that are there.
    As well as the parking is the issue of concessions within the Dome which , I believe, also goes to the Sports Commission as well.

With the additional non-football functions then again both parties would get benefit which has got to be a good thing

Incidentally congrats on the 1500 !:cheers:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Zarlot531 is offline Waterboy

hah, I know if I were a player playing in Minnesota, I thank God for the dome when it starts to get around November and December...we're talking a good bit higher latitude than from where even New England plays ...

midwesthunter is offline Waterboy

From what I heard and read, the possible new owner from the east coast wants to build the stadium in lino lakes by 35E and county road 14. It would be just east of centerville. There are several farms they could develope but the traffic would be a nightmare.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Zarlot531" wrote:
    hah, I know if I were a player playing in Minnesota, I thank God for the dome when it starts to get around November and December...we're talking a good bit higher latitude than from where even New England plays ...

If a player didn't want to play outside in Minny - WE DON'T WANT HIM ON THE TEAM - we want him to sign with Tampa, San Fran, ect.. and cry like babies while they're here!!!!!

Also, I didn't look where you'r from, but Minnesota is not THAT cold in Nov. and Dec.. January is getting cold but if we're in the Playoffs, fans will be so excited (and drunk) that we won't care.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"midwesthunter" wrote:
    From what I heard and read, the possible new owner from the east coast wants to build the stadium in lino lakes by 35E and county road 14. It would be just east of centerville. There are several farms they could develope but the traffic would be a nightmare.

That's a funny assumption. :lol:

I don't get it. Why would traffic be bad in the middle of NOTHING, next to an "Interstate"???

I also know the area very well, I used to live a block from the Lino Lakes border -near Lexington Ave.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast