Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47
  1. #41
    Vikaholic's Avatar
    Vikaholic is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    18

    Re: Blaine stadium officially dead - Minneapolis new target location

    Screw a retractable roof. I went to Lambeau last year and had the best time of my life in the cold, damp Monday night open air in November watching the Vikes kick their butts. I hate those Sconni's, but at least they know how to enjoy a MANS game outdoors like it should be. Doesn't ANYONE remember our homefield advantage outside at the Met? That was a HUGE reason we were so dominant in the late 60's -early 70's! Football was NEVER meant to be played indoors!!!! SACK UP MINNESOTA !!!

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    81

    Re: Blaine stadium officially dead - Minneapolis new target location

    "Vikaholic" wrote:
    Screw a retractable roof. I went to Lambeau last year and had the best time of my life in the cold, damp Monday night open air in November watching the Vikes kick their butts. I hate those Sconni's, but at least they know how to enjoy a MANS game outdoors like it should be. Doesn't ANYONE remember our homefield advantage outside at the Met? That was a HUGE reason we were so dominant in the late 60's -early 70's! Football was NEVER meant to be played indoors!!!! SACK UP MINNESOTA !!!
    I agree! Football was meant to be played outdoors with all the cold and muddy games

  3. #43
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Blaine stadium officially dead - Minneapolis new target location

    "nflvikings4455" wrote:
    "Vikaholic" wrote:
    Screw a retractable roof. I went to Lambeau last year and had the best time of my life in the cold, damp Monday night open air in November watching the Vikes kick their butts. I hate those Sconni's, but at least they know how to enjoy a MANS game outdoors like it should be. Doesn't ANYONE remember our homefield advantage outside at the Met? That was a HUGE reason we were so dominant in the late 60's -early 70's! Football was NEVER meant to be played indoors!!!! SACK UP MINNESOTA !!!
    I agree! Football was meant to be played outdoors with all the cold and muddy games
    We'll still see if you agree with that after Tomorrow's game!
    ;D
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  4. #44
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Blaine stadium officially dead - Minneapolis new target location

    "Vikaholic" wrote:
    Screw a retractable roof. I went to Lambeau last year and had the best time of my life in the cold, damp Monday night open air in November watching the Vikes kick their butts. I hate those Sconni's, but at least they know how to enjoy a MANS game outdoors like it should be. Doesn't ANYONE remember our homefield advantage outside at the Met? That was a HUGE reason we were so dominant in the late 60's -early 70's! Football was NEVER meant to be played indoors!!!! SACK UP MINNESOTA !!!
    I thought our amazing defense was the reason we were so dominant.
    The old met was a POS.
    Remember when they had to close an entire section above left field because the railings fell off? As much as we complain about the dome, it is still a helluva lot better than the Met was!

    I like the idea of outdoor football when I am there with my buddies. But it is a little hard for me to bring my kids there when it is 0 degrees and windy in January.
    And without a retractable roof, we will not get a super bowl, nor will the stadium be able to be used for anything else during the winter.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #45
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Blaine stadium officially dead - Minneapolis new target location

    "nflvikings4455" wrote:
    "Vikaholic" wrote:
    Screw a retractable roof. I went to Lambeau last year and had the best time of my life in the cold, damp Monday night open air in November watching the Vikes kick their butts. I hate those Sconni's, but at least they know how to enjoy a MANS game outdoors like it should be. Doesn't ANYONE remember our homefield advantage outside at the Met? That was a HUGE reason we were so dominant in the late 60's -early 70's! Football was NEVER meant to be played indoors!!!! SACK UP MINNESOTA !!!
    I agree! Football was meant to be played outdoors with all the cold and muddy games
    Muddy games are getting few and far between because of better field maintenance, and more teams are switching to field turf.

  6. #46
    vikes2456's Avatar
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,656

    Re: Blaine stadium officially dead - Minneapolis new target location

    "Vikaholic" wrote:
    Screw a retractable roof. I went to Lambeau last year and had the best time of my life in the cold, damp Monday night open air in November watching the Vikes kick their butts. I hate those Sconni's, but at least they know how to enjoy a MANS game outdoors like it should be. Doesn't ANYONE remember our homefield advantage outside at the Met? That was a HUGE reason we were so dominant in the late 60's -early 70's! Football was NEVER meant to be played indoors!!!! SACK UP MINNESOTA !!!
    I agree completely, football should be played outdoors, and on a grass field. Better yet, outdoors on a dirt field, so they'll be no way to stop the mud.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    91

    Re: Blaine stadium officially dead - Minneapolis new target location

    The dome is the only thing about the vikings i don't like, did the vikings fight their battles in indoors 1000 years ago?
    as for the children, there can be heated seats or inclosed heated areas for children that can be made and it would be much better than playing indoors.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. Blaine drawing up new plan for stadium site
    By singersp in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 09:58 PM
  2. Vikings committed to a Blaine stadium
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 01:04 PM
  3. A damper on Vikings stadium plan in Blaine
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-22-2006, 12:47 PM
  4. Blaine stadium opponents get boost from Fed official
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 02:44 PM
  5. Blaine Stadium plans not liked
    By AngloVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 12:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •