Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blaine?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Inching closer to a new stadium???

Its going to be an outdoor stadium isn't it? I think thats kinda cool bring back a stadium kinda like the met! Im gonna tailgate when its 30 below fo sho!

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Its going to be an outdoor stadium isn't it? I think thats kinda cool bring back a stadium kinda like the met! Im gonna tailgate when its 30 below fo sho!
    So they're officially making a stadium? That would be awesome!

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Might have been "hickville" at one time, but no more IMO.

They have a great sports center up there for soccer. It is where the USA Cup is held each year.

I think it is an awesome place for a stadium. Much better than the other options I have seen mentioned.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I don't know if its offical yet AK.. But Wilf keeps making more plans for it.. There was something new about it last night I think? But yah im pretty sure we will have a new one within the next 10 years

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Thanks V4L. One thing I miss about living in MN is the local Vikings radio. It's all Seahawks up here.

"magicci" wrote:
    any idea on what the new staduim will be like??
    heres one possibility?

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

I hope they do. It's been a LONG time coming. The "progressive" people of Minnesota have no qualms about spending state-wide taxpayer money on a light rail system that may or may not work (it ended up being successful, but our hard-earned tax dollars are not to be gambled with, and much of the money came from people too far away from the rail line to use it). However, as soon as someone even dares to mention building a stadium for a very financially succesful team using only a local sales tax, it suddenly becomes THEIR money. Cries of "corporate welfare" and "greedy billionaires" fill the air. The legislators, fearing that they will be lynched, drawn and quartered, and burned at the stake if they vote "aye," then turn down the stadium bill for the umpteenth year in a row. Hopefully, the legislature will finally be able to approve a stadium this year (if they can concentrate above the fierce hysterical shrieking).

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Ok all you Twin Cities folks, I was talking with my brother who used to live in St. Paul. He said Blaine is kinda known as "hickville". Guys wear matching Polaris jackets and they all have guns racks in their trucks.

Not that I care, but is that a true stereotype of Blaine?
    There is a bit of a stereotype based on location in the cities...northern suburbs are hick, western are rich, southern are a combo, eastern are well to do....

We are no different than any other city in which the populace tends to grow and congregate based on land value, amenities, etc of the area.

But as with all stereotypes, they are only true in a small sense. I know some rich hicks too. haha It would be unfair to categorize any city like that.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I don't know if its offical yet AK.. But Wilf keeps making more plans for it.. There was something new about it last night I think? But yah im pretty sure we will have a new one within the next 10 years
    Watch our Video Feeds on the home page. Its all right there for you. Blaine is it, city is working with him on next steps.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"webmaster" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Ok all you Twin Cities folks, I was talking with my brother who used to live in St. Paul. He said Blaine is kinda known as "hickville". Guys wear matching Polaris jackets and they all have guns racks in their trucks.

Not that I care, but is that a true stereotype of Blaine?
    There is a bit of a stereotype based on location in the cities...northern suburbs are hick, western are rich, southern are a combo, eastern are well to do....

We are no different than any other city in which the populace tends to grow and congregate based on land value, amenities, etc of the area.

But as with all stereotypes, they are only true in a small sense. I know some rich hicks too. haha It would be unfair to categorize any city like that.
    I was just wondering if anybody else has really heard that..sorta the vibe the city gives.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast