Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Blackout A Good Thing?

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Wake up call? Please.

Fans don't show to see a losing football team, especially when its in the dome. It's that simple. The last time we were actually good is 4 years in the past. Most of the fans who don't go to the game won't care that the game is blacked out. If they really cared, they would go to the game.

Instead they'll just flip it over to the other game/run Sunday errands/go play catch with junior.

There are owners who hate losing, and there are owners who hate losing money. This offseason we'll find out which one Wilf is. At the same time, we're sure to see some interesting trade talks. How much will we give up on D to get better on O.

You prevent blackouts by selling out. You sell out by winning games. You win games by putting a talented football team on the field. In turn, the fans fall in love with that talent.
    You cannot simply flip the channel.
    They do not show another game at the same time when the team is at home.
    Like here, when the Browns play at home, there is not another game on.
    Last week when they played at Pitt, the Vikes were on the other channel.
    Hence, you run errands, play catch with junior, go ice fishing etc...

I'm not saying its what I would do. I would go on the internet and watch the e-ticker thing until my eyes bled. However, I realize that not everyone is as passionate as I am, and they will find other things to do with their time if the hometeam, which isn't very good in the first place, isn't on TV.
    Actually, the Vikings enjoy very good TV viewership even when the team is playing poorly.
    So there are a lot of people who would/will care in the event of a black out.
    Well then those people who do care, should go to the game. Why don't they?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "purplepride_1961" wrote:
    Hello wilf are you there? How bad do we have too suck before you take any actions!
    What actions are you suggesting?
    Kindly asking Mr. Childress to find another team to implement his "Kick Ass" offense in.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Wake up call? Please.

Fans don't show to see a losing football team, especially when its in the dome. It's that simple. The last time we were actually good is 4 years in the past. Most of the fans who don't go to the game won't care that the game is blacked out. If they really cared, they would go to the game.

Instead they'll just flip it over to the other game/run Sunday errands/go play catch with junior.

There are owners who hate losing, and there are owners who hate losing money. This offseason we'll find out which one Wilf is. At the same time, we're sure to see some interesting trade talks. How much will we give up on D to get better on O.

You prevent blackouts by selling out. You sell out by winning games. You win games by putting a talented football team on the field. In turn, the fans fall in love with that talent.

I'm not saying its what I would do. I would go on the internet and watch the e-ticker thing until my eyes bled. However, I realize that not everyone is as passionate as I am, and they will find other things to do with their time if the hometeam, which isn't very good in the first place, isn't on TV.
    Actually, the Vikings enjoy very good TV viewership even when the team is playing poorly.
    Honestly, I don't know.
    I think it is possible that they have been able to watch the Vikings on TV for so long without incident that they are starting to take them for granted.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Hello wilf are you there? How bad do we have too suck before you take any actions!
    Kindly asking Mr. Childress to find another team to implement his "Kick jiggly butt" offense in.
    I think that will be happen at the end of the year anyway.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    How about leaning on the local TV station broadcasting the game, as well as large local companies, to buy up the remaining tickets to ensure the game is on TV?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    How about leaning on the local TV station broadcasting the game, as well as large local companies, to buy up the remaining tickets to ensure the game is on TV?

=Z=
    If only Wilf would think of that.
    Oh wait... ;D
    Very good point Z.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=39715.msg674216#msg674216 date=1195076633]
    Wake up call? Please.

Honestly, I don't know.
    I think it is possible that they have been able to watch the Vikings on TV for so long without incident that they are starting to take them for granted.
    [/quote]

No, it's because they enjoy watching the Vikings on TV, but aren't passionate enough about the Vikes to go to a subpar stadium to watch a mediocre team play. It all comes back to the product on the field. Going to the game takes a lot more effort than pressing a couple of buttons. If the team isn't good, average fans won't committ to that.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

Sellout official

The Vikings acknowledged that Miller Brewing Company combined with WCCO (Ch. 4) to purchase the final 2,000 tickets for Sunday's game, helping the team avoid a local television blackout. An exact breakdown was not available, but the total cost of the combined purchase was about $157,000.

WCCO will televise the game, which will be the Vikings' 101st consecutive sellout. Three this season have required corporate bailouts to achieve an NFL-mandate of at least 62,000 seats sold.

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1554411.html

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

It is never good to have a black out. It limits fans who cannot attend the games for one reason or another (can't afford to, health reasons, etc) from getting to see the game.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Kindly asking Mr. Childress to find another team to implement his "Kick Ass" offense in.
    It's been more like the Ass-Kicked Offense ...A.K.A. the AKO

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345