Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Blackout A Good Thing?

I said it after the Eagles game. I will not purchase another ticket to a Vikings game until A) Childress is fired or B) The Vikings show great improvement under Childress. Improvement I want to see is more than just one great game here or there (Bears, Chargers).

I think it would be real easy for Wilf to bring back Childress next year if we easily sold out every game. But we're not. And Wilf will be forced to either be patient (I mean, really really patient) and face the possibility of many blackouts next year or make a change.

I want Wilf to make a change and I do not plan to contribute to Childress' job security by buying tickets to future games.

Please understand though, I still support the team fully. I will watch every game possible. I will be upset if the game is blacked out. It would sting not to be able to watch.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"V" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Wake up call? Please.

Fans don't show to see a losing football team, especially when its in the dome. It's that simple. The last time we were actually good is 4 years in the past. Most of the fans who don't go to the game won't care that the game is blacked out. If they really cared, they would go to the game.

Instead they'll just flip it over to the other game/run Sunday errands/go play catch with junior.

There are owners who hate losing, and there are owners who hate losing money. This offseason we'll find out which one Wilf is. At the same time, we're sure to see some interesting trade talks. How much will we give up on D to get better on O.

You prevent blackouts by selling out. You sell out by winning games. You win games by putting a talented football team on the field. In turn, the fans fall in love with that talent.
    You cannot simply flip the channel.
    They do not show another game at the same time when the team is at home.
    Like here, when the Browns play at home, there is not another game on.
    Last week when they played at Pitt, the Vikes were on the other channel.
    Hence, you run errands, play catch with junior, go ice fishing etc...

I'm not saying its what I would do. I would go on the internet and watch the e-ticker thing until my eyes bled. However, I realize that not everyone is as passionate as I am, and they will find other things to do with their time if the hometeam, which isn't very good in the first place, isn't on TV.
    I would just download it the next day anyways and skim through it.
    Nothing like watching a game in 5 minutes.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"V" wrote:

Wake up call? Please.

Fans don't show to see a losing football team, especially when its in the dome. It's that simple.
    I do. Win or lose, I'm there to support my team because I'm a true fan.
    :P

It's just that fucking simple!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"happy" wrote:
    I said it after the Eagles game. I will not purchase another ticket to a Vikings game until A) Childress is fired or B) The Vikings show great improvement under Childress. Improvement I want to see is more than just one great game here or there (Bears, Chargers).

I think it would be real easy for Wilf to bring back Childress next year if we easily sold out every game. But we're not. And Wilf will be forced to either be patient (I mean, really really patient) and face the possibility of many blackouts next year or make a change.

I want Wilf to make a change and I do not plan to contribute to Childress' job security by buying tickets to future games.

Please understand though, I still support the team fully. I will watch every game possible. I will be upset if the game is blacked out. It would sting not to be able to watch.
    :

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    Wake up call? Please.

Fans don't show to see a losing football team, especially when its in the dome. It's that simple. The last time we were actually good is 4 years in the past. Most of the fans who don't go to the game won't care that the game is blacked out. If they really cared, they would go to the game.

Instead they'll just flip it over to the other game/run Sunday errands/go play catch with junior.

There are owners who hate losing, and there are owners who hate losing money. This offseason we'll find out which one Wilf is. At the same time, we're sure to see some interesting trade talks. How much will we give up on D to get better on O.

You prevent blackouts by selling out. You sell out by winning games. You win games by putting a talented football team on the field. In turn, the fans fall in love with that talent.
    I do! It is simple. I purchase a ticket and drive 6 hours to the game to support the team that I am crazy about. It is too bad others do not. They are missing out on all the fun at the tailgates and in the stadium.

Wanna elaborate, BAdlandsViking?

Yes, I will not buy another ticket this year. Yes, I will watch every game on TV unless blacked out. And I will be upset if the game is blacked out. Is there anything wrong with that?
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"happy" wrote:

Yes, I will not buy another ticket this year. Yes, I will watch every game on TV unless blacked out. And I will be upset if the game is blacked out. Is there anything wrong with that?[

It sounds to me that you are able to go to every home game if you want to.
    So it seems to me that you are taking the team for granted....Some of us live to far away to go to every game, but would be there in a heartbeat no matter what the team does.

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:

Yes, I will not buy another ticket this year. Yes, I will watch every game on TV unless blacked out. And I will be upset if the game is blacked out. Is there anything wrong with that?[

So it seems to me that you are taking the team for granted....Some of us live to far away to go to every game, but would be there in a heartbeat no matter what the team does.
    Let me try to explain further.

First, I would rather watch a game at home in the first place. It is just my personal preference.

I am on a very limited budget. I am in college.

I went to every game last season except the Lions game. Even though we sucked.

It is not a matter of supporting the team to me. It is more of a lack of support of the HC.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:

Good for you, not everyone wants to throw around hundreds of dollars to watch a team get their jiggly butts kicked all over the field.
    I bought a 56 inch high def tv to watch football from my living room where my fridge has beer that isn't 10 bucks in it, and I can hit replay and enjoy the game much more than sitting in the nose bleeds or selling my college soul.

So in fact sir your notion of what a vikings football fan should do is just an opinion, and I for one will not look on myself as some sort of bandwagon fan because I don't fork out good money to watch the Vikes lose to Green Bay every year.
    And I'll be more than happy sipping my beer and watching Vikings football on 56 inches of better than in the dome action this Sunday.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Schutz" wrote:

Good for you, not everyone wants to throw around hundreds of dollars to watch a team get their jiggly butts kicked all over the field.
    I bought a 56 inch high def tv to watch football from my living room where my fridge has beer that isn't 10 bucks in it, and I can hit replay and enjoy the game much more than sitting in the nose bleeds or selling my college soul.
    Several hundred dollars to go to the game & sit in nosebleed seats? Where the hell have you been buying your tickets?

In 7 years of going to every game but 2, I've only done that a few times & I live 3 hours away.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast