Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RC_Freak is offline Training Camp

BJ - How fair is it

I'm sure it's been discussed on here, but i'm an FNG. How fair is it that our starting QB is getting paid less then a lot of teams backups???? Someone that has won a super bowl, doesn't make mistakes and lose games, should be paid a starter wage and not a backup wage
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: BJ - How fair is it

"RC_Freak" wrote:
    I'm sure it's been discussed on here, but i'm an FNG. How fair is it that our starting QB is getting paid less then a lot of teams backups???? Someone that has won a super bowl, doesn't make mistakes and lose games, should be paid a starter wage and not a backup wage
    When he agreed to this wage he was a back up.

Does not make much sense into pumping millions into a 38 year old QB does it?

What does winning a SB have to do with how much we should pay him?

And yes, has been discussed many times.

Prophet Guest

Rule # 4,359:

Life is not fair.

RC_Freak is offline Training Camp

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "RC_Freak" wrote:

I know we signed him as a backup, but shouldn't he atleast have gotten a bump in pay for being a starter?
    I throw in the SB and the other things, cause i think he get overlooked and undervalued, everywhere he's gone i think he's been underpaid for what he can bring to the table, he wins, not flashy doesn't put out eye popping numbers, but he gets the job done and wins, and that's the important thing
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world

Prophet Guest

There is a split on the site regarding people thinking he should make more coin and people thinking he should stick to the original contract.
    The last time this was discussed in detail was before the regular season.

I'm in the camp of give him a salary boost and I stated in an earlier thread that he will get a salary boost.
    Watch and learn.
    The crow is being prepared for me, but I'm not willing to say I'm wrong yet.
    My guess is that after a 2-0 start there may be a few more members that agree he should get a bump in his salary.

marantzo is offline Rookie

Considering what he is getting paid, it's hard for me to imagine that any Viking fan would think that he is getting paid enough. And the fact that Brad hasn't made an issue of it is just another example of what a class act he is. He deserves a big increase. His leadership on the field alone is worth more money than he is getting. The schooling he is giving the young players who rely on him is a big building block for the future of the Vikings and also warrants more money. The example and tutoring of our rookie QB is also a reason for more pay. So aside from how he plays (which so far leaves very little to complain about) he is actually a big part of building a team for future years.

No way he doesn't derserve more money. I'll be shocked if he doesn't get it.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"RC_Freak" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "RC_Freak" wrote:

I know we signed him as a backup, but shouldn't he atleast have gotten a bump in pay for being a starter?
    I throw in the SB and the other things, cause i think he get overlooked and undervalued, everywhere he's gone i think he's been underpaid for what he can bring to the table, he wins, not flashy doesn't put out eye popping numbers, but he gets the job done and wins, and that's the important thing
    We need to see what happens this year.
    Would not have been a good thing to jack him up before the season started.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I think he desrves a raise.
    I'm not saying we need to throw 15 mil at him for the next to seasons or anything, but he certainly deserves to be paid at least what an average starting quarterback would make.
    If nothing else, lets at least give him starters pay.

Prophet Guest

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    ...We need to see what happens this year.
    Would not have been a good thing to jack him up before the season started.
    It's not like there's as much of a risk factor as there was signing all the rooks and unprovens.
    BJ has a track record and was moved into the starting position.
    It does say a lot about his character, he plays the game and plays it well even though he's getting paid the relative equivalent of a half-eaten snickers bar and a Schmidt beer for every game.

oakmage is offline Starter

Okay then I have a question for all of you and that is how much?
    How much more should he be paid.
    I keeping to myself for right now wither or not he should or should not be paid more money but I just want to know how much more money you think he should be getting.
    Also isn’t he already getting over a Million Dollars a year to play?
    I know maybe to some of you that is not a lot of money but to me that is a lot.
    BTW a hint on the my stance if you think by reading this post you know where I stand on the subject then you are wrong it is opposite then the way the post is written

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast