Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Birk: We're just fine with Jackson at QB

[size=13pt]Birk: We're just fine with Jackson at QB[/size]

Despite the daily speculation about Brett Favre and where he might play, the Vikings Pro Bowl center says Tarvaris Jackson has earned the team's respect.

By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune

Last update: July 28, 2008 - 12:13 AM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Birk: We're just fine with Jackson at QB

Thanks for the read my friend.....

Birk said he thinks Jackson is only going to get better.

"It's a process, it takes time, and he's certainly comfortable." Birk said. "He's cool, calm, collected. He's got the talent, I think it's just going to take time. Football is a team game. It's not just on one guy's shoulders, and we're not asking him to go out there and win the game by himself. He has to do his job, just like the other 10 guys on the field have to do their jobs. That's how you're successful. It's a team thing, and success and failure as a team are part of it, too."
    Lets not kid ourselves either in this regard.
    He is still gonna need some time to get to the level he ultimately should achieve.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, he WILL be better this year, but there will be times when he does some crap that will cause us to all throw things at our expensive flat screens but lets remember, its still a team game and I'm sure his teamates will help bail him out a bit this year.
    :

Birk is confident that missing the OTAs won't hurt his performance.
    Who cares about the impact on his performance.
    Hey Matt.....Its a team sport.
    What about the impact with respect to OL continuity, Film study with your QB with respect to all the times you guys screwed the pooch on blitz recognition, help you could have given your potential successor, etc etc etc.

Sorry, last time I hack on him this year, I promise.
    ;D

"I might have to study a little bit more right now, but I think I'm caught up," he said. "But that's not to say that I don't think those are important, but I'm not just a football player. I'm a father. I'm a husband. And we had our fourth child this offseason, so things were busy at home and that's where I needed to be
    See, I won't say anything bad about this one either.......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.....

Birk said he thinks Jackson is only going to get better.

"It's a process, it takes time, and he's certainly comfortable." Birk said. "He's cool, calm, collected. He's got the talent, I think it's just going to take time. Football is a team game. It's not just on one guy's shoulders, and we're not asking him to go out there and win the game by himself. He has to do his job, just like the other 10 guys on the field have to do their jobs. That's how you're successful. It's a team thing, and success and failure as a team are part of it, too."
    Lets not kid ourselves either in this regard.
    He is still gonna need some time to get to the level he ultimately should achieve.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, he WILL be better this year, but there will be times when he does some crap that will cause us to all throw things at our expensive flat screens but lets remember, its still a team game and I'm sure his teamates will help bail him out a bit this year.
    :

Birk is confident that missing the OTAs won't hurt his performance.
    Who cares about the impact on his performance.
    Hey Matt.....Its a team sport.
    What about the impact with respect to OL continuity, Film study with your QB with respect to all the times you guys screwed the pooch on blitz recognition, help you could have given your potential successor, etc etc etc.

Sorry, last time I hack on him this year, I promise.
    ;D

"I might have to study a little bit more right now, but I think I'm caught up," he said. "But that's not to say that I don't think those are important, but I'm not just a football player. I'm a father. I'm a husband. And we had our fourth child this offseason, so things were busy at home and that's where I needed to be
    See, I won't say anything bad about this one either.......
    Which is why he put this in there:

"It's a process, it takes time, and he's certainly comfortable." Birk said. "He's cool, calm, collected. He's got the talent, I think it's just going to take time. Football is a team game.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Just fine is not a positive thing.

If your employer (for the sake of this example) said you are just fine on the job, is that a positive or is that settling for something less.
    LOL!

Raises too many questions and brings up some uncomfortable thoughts.
    Am I going to be replaced or is there someone that can do my job better, am i the best person for this job?

I guess that Aaron Rodgers is just fine at QB too!

I am done rambling now.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"snowinapril" wrote:

If your employer (for the sake of this example) said you are just fine on the job, is that a positive or is that settling for something less.
    LOL!

Am I going to be replaced or is there someone that can do my job better, am i the best person for this job?

I am done rambling now.
    Depends on if your boss is grooming you for bigger and better things and if he expects you to have some growing pains during that maturation process my friend.

Of course, most customers wouldn't understand the stuff going on in the background and would automatically beeeyyyyyatch every time you made a mistake.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

Wow. I figure when you have Matt Birk giving you props, you are doing well.

I agree with Birk. We are going to be fine with TJack as the QB.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

What does an NFL veteran pro-bowl harvard graduate that sees him play first-hand every day know that the average idiot at pp.o doesn't know?
    It's suspect.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

"Prophet" wrote:
    What does an NFL veteran pro-bowl harvard graduate that sees him play first-hand every day know that the average idiot at pp.o doesn't know?
    It's suspect.
    Man Prophet u crack me up. We have missed you around here

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

LOL!

I am done rambling now.
    Depends on if your boss is grooming you for bigger and better things and if he expects you to have some growing pains during that maturation process my friend.

Of course, most customers wouldn't understand the stuff going on in the background and would automatically beeeyyyyyatch every time you made a mistake.
    :
    The employee being groomed has to understand it and be able to over come the lack of superlatives.
    Oh and he has to overcome the rumors that he is being replaced by a guy that is in a retirement home.
    LOL!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    It's suspect.
    what does he know? And is this the same as what he says?
    Still nothing more than comments sent out to placate the man putting his hands under his crotch.

It's not like he is going to come out and say we're screwed man, write this season up to a total loss man, we're toast.

I don't disagree Marr that it takes time for a QB to mature and come into his own, however, that is not an argument to say that he will become an above average NFL starter...just that it is too early too tell.

He will be our guy more than likely, so I wish him the best and hope he does step it up a few notches from last year.
    He has a lot in his favor to help him improve this year, lets hope it shows on the field.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast