Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Birk upset by leak of details from Monday meeting

"Big C" wrote:
    I hope this works. There is no other team in the league (other than Patriots) that does not have a full time offensive coordinator. I think that might have something to do with the lack of coordination we have when the offense is on the field!
    Should have figured that out in the off season.

"Big C" wrote:
    The coaching staff is under manned (Thanks Red!) and stretched thin. Hopefully bringing in coaching help will allow coaches to focus more on their assignments than help patch holes. If the coaching staff can bring consistency, the team has the talent to bring the wins.
    Should have figured that out in the off season

"Big C" wrote:
    The division is still wide open. As bad as the record maybe we're still in the hunt for a playoff berth. This bye week couldn't have come at a better time. We have time to get players healed up, and we need have (very little!) time to fix some of the problems. The biggest problem (the way I see it) being help on the coaching staff.
    The only problem I have with people saying this is this. I will go back and quote HermE, "we play to win the games." That just isn't our team, that also goes for the opponents team. We have to be able to out play and out coach the opponent which I don't think Tice can do. He hasn't proven it. I am just saying every team has the same goal win one game at a time and win the division.

I just hope that this will help by having more help on the sideline. As of right now, the only one that is planning on staying on is Rhome. So, is one person is going to help that much?

Tice quote from yesterday, "Identify the issues and the whys and get them fixed, that my job." It is the same job that you have been doing for 4 years.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

The Vikes couldn't bring in anybody in the off-season because Tice has only 1 year left on a contract. Who are you going to find that will leave a job with a good team, to come here and take a position for 1 year.

Plus Red would not pay coaches sh*t, if they would have found somebody to take that risk that Tice stays longer. They probably would have had to take a pay cut to come here.

You are not going to get any body that is worth anything in this situation!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

I am happy to see the "consultants comming in to help", we are not out of this yet...I think this is the best news we could get at this point. lets hope that we see results.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Alright this is the kind of owner you want!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

This is on eof the good things about the team right now...besides Kluwe...is our owner. I really like him, so far he has done the right things and is trying to be proactive. It appears that he does not shoot from the hip, and hopefuloly will be consistent. i know he wants to win. I like him.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

I'm not sure how effective bringing these guys in will be, but I like the move of trying to get some football IQ in the coaching staff. I also like the fact that Zygi recognizes he has coaching problems and is trying to save the season the best way he feels that he can.

Remember this is a first year owner that got thrown in a pile of donkey pooh. He wants to win, he's willing to pay.... hopefully he has somebody that can show him the way.

I've got this recurring bad nightmare that somehow the Vikes resurrect enough of a season to win the North (7-9, 8-8), make the playoffs and scrape out a win. For this great turnound reward, Tice is given another extension to his contract and the cycle starts all over again. I like the first part of this, but wake up in a cold sweat when Tice starts adressing the media at the beginning of next year's training camp.

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

This is a little off topic, but I am getting sick of Birk piping up everytime there is something going on at Winter Park. Yes the guy is an all pro center and yes he went to Harvard, but whatever happened to injured players just shut up, because they can't back anything up on the field.
    matt Birk is a great ball player, lets keep it that way. Also that education at Harvard wasn't all that good if Birkie still thinks Tice is a good coach.

Sorry about the rant, the guy just gets on my nerves!

Cheers!

Grassdog61 is offline Rookie

When I read the article about the Vikings hiring "coaching consultants" to come in and help save the season, it shocked me. Seriously, it strikes me as a sign of desperation. Up until this point, I (like most Vikings fans) still thought this team would eventually get its footing and win the division. Now I'm afraid this 1-3 start is not an aberration, but a precursor to a horrible season. I just can't believe that an NFL coaching staff, through the months of training camps, preseason, and now 4 weeks into the regular season, would not have an idea of what's going on.

Of course Matt Birk is going to say he believes in Tice - I would not expect anything different from Matt because he's a great team player and a leader. He would never say anything to hurt this team. But what do you think these players really think down deep about his coaching staff? Do you really think they buy into this system and gameplan that leaves them looking like fools every week? Some of these guys probably played for better coaches in College.

Sorry to be so down on things but this "hiring coaching consultants' thing just bewilders me.
    614f282e3c576bcf94e1d24d7a29bead

Del Rio Guest

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    This is a little off topic, but I am getting sick of Birk piping up everytime there is something going on at Winter Park. Yes the guy is an all pro center and yes he went to Harvard, but whatever happened to injured players just shut up, because they can't back anything up on the field.
    matt Birk is a great ball player, lets keep it that way. Also that education at Harvard wasn't all that good if Birkie still thinks Tice is a good coach.

Sorry about the rant, the guy just gets on my nerves!

Cheers!
    He's a team captain, you don't lose that status when you are hurt.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

My favorite line:

"I'll pay for it. If (Tice) wants it, I'll pay for it."

-Zygi Wilf

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast