Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 133
  1. #101
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Birk skipping offseason program

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

    I view this as I did the S issue that everyone got so bent over when we released Smith.
    I am sure they have a plan at C and the McKinnie issue will be solved as well.
    '
    Lets not forget that (not sure how accurate the number is anymore) the staff came in and basically gutted the old team two years ago.
    They have some youth as backups.
    What other plan would you expect them to do to lockup qualified starters and backups in 2 years?

    Maybe they shouldn't have drafted a RB and a WR so high last year and drafted a C and a OT?
    Or maybe you think they should have spent thier CAP windfall on a OT and a C this year instead of the guys they signed?
    Again, not sure what you think they should/could do?


    Truth be told, with the exception of the McKinnie issue the OL should be solid this year and we do have a couple of very talented backups on the roster for the future.
    I believe you said the Vikings would address the O-Line in last years draft as well, yet they failed to draft a single O-Lineman.

    Their plan/answer was to sign players that went undrafted & unsigned, that nobody else wanted or even sniffed at, for trading camp fodder with hopes that a few might pan out.

    Thus enter;

    Chase Johnson

    http://www.nfl.com/players/chasejohnson/profile?id=JOH126737

    and Dan Mozes


    That's what we have. Remnants of training camp fodder.

    http://www.nfl.com/players/danmozes/profile?id=MOZ177981

    Qualified, talented backups? C'mon Marr, we haven't seen these guys even play & they didn't even get drafted.

    I'm not saying the Vikings should have taken linemen with their first picks of the draft, but they certainly could have addressed with a later round pick or two.

    They did not.

    So much for the Chillyism that it all starts up front with the line. After signing Hutch, they've basically done nothing.
    What the hell does it matter what I say they are gonna do in the draft?
    Do you think they listen to me or that I have some sort of insider info?
    Comeon my friend, you know I like doing mocks and analyzing pooh but that doesn't mean you should hold me to my word or think I am gonna be right......
    ;D

    By the way, OL that were undrafted make teams all the time.
    Way of the world in the NFL my friend.
    Heck even 6th round draft choices do make pretty gol 'darnit good C's at times.


    Face it, you won't be happy unless they have 8 OL all taken in the first or second round.
    ;D
    I've never said the Vikings should address the OL with early round picks, but at some point in the draft or FA they need to address it.

    Again, the OL gave up 38 sacks last year of our QB. Doesn't that say anything at all to you?

    The depth we have at OL is totally unknown except for Hicks & M.Johnson & that isn't looking good.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #102
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Birk skipping offseason program

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

    I view this as I did the S issue that everyone got so bent over when we released Smith.
    I am sure they have a plan at C and the McKinnie issue will be solved as well.
    '
    Lets not forget that (not sure how accurate the number is anymore) the staff came in and basically gutted the old team two years ago.
    They have some youth as backups.
    What other plan would you expect them to do to lockup qualified starters and backups in 2 years?

    Maybe they shouldn't have drafted a RB and a WR so high last year and drafted a C and a OT?
    Or maybe you think they should have spent thier CAP windfall on a OT and a C this year instead of the guys they signed?
    Again, not sure what you think they should/could do?



    Truth be told, with the exception of the McKinnie issue the OL should be solid this year and we do have a couple of very talented backups on the roster for the future.
    I believe you said the Vikings would address the O-Line in last years draft as well, yet they failed to draft a single O-Lineman.

    Their plan/answer was to sign players that went undrafted & unsigned, that nobody else wanted or even sniffed at, for trading camp fodder with hopes that a few might pan out.

    Thus enter;

    Chase Johnson

    http://www.nfl.com/players/chasejohnson/profile?id=JOH126737

    and Dan Mozes


    That's what we have. Remnants of training camp fodder.

    http://www.nfl.com/players/danmozes/profile?id=MOZ177981

    Qualified, talented backups? C'mon Marr, we haven't seen these guys even play & they didn't even get drafted.

    I'm not saying the Vikings should have taken linemen with their first picks of the draft, but they certainly could have addressed with a later round pick or two.

    They did not.

    So much for the Chillyism that it all starts up front with the line. After signing Hutch, they've basically done nothing.
    What the hell does it matter what I say they are gonna do in the draft?
    Do you think they listen to me or that I have some sort of insider info?
    Comeon my friend, you know I like doing mocks and analyzing pooh but that doesn't mean you should hold me to my word or think I am gonna be right......

    ;D

    By the way, OL that were undrafted make teams all the time.
    Way of the world in the NFL my friend.
    Heck even 6th round draft choices do make pretty gol 'darnit good C's at times.


    Face it, you won't be happy unless they have 8 OL all taken in the first or second round.
    ;D
    I've never said the Vikings should address the OL with early round picks, but at some point in the draft or FA they need to address it.
    LOL, you would think, but it depends on thier level of confidence in Dan and Chase.
    I do anticipate them drafting another LT in the draft this year (alot of them out there) but I was wrong last year in that regard wasn't I........ ;D

    Seriously though, both Mozes and C. Johnson are good prospects and have been in the system for 2 years.
    That means familiarity/continuity in the scheme.


    Again, just because they weren't drafted doesn't mean they are cannon fodder my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #103
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Birk skipping offseason program

    [size=13pt]Were We Wrong About Birk?[/size]

    By Anthony Hall
    mvn.com


    March 27th, 2008



    Whelp, we may need to do a double-take on the Birk drama — according to Matty B’s agent, the center’s absence from the Vikings’ voluntary offseason conditioning program has nothing to do with a contract dispute....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #104
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Birk skipping offseason program

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Were We Wrong About Birk?[/size]

    By Anthony Hall
    mvn.com


    March 27th, 2008



    Whelp, we may need to do a double-take on the Birk drama — according to Matty B’s agent, the center’s absence from the Vikings’ voluntary offseason conditioning program has nothing to do with a contract dispute....
    Just another guy that thinks Ryan Cook is a Center. People still can't figure it out, we drafted him to be an Offensive Tackle, thats why he was taken in the 2nd round. Offensive Tackle size and athleticism.

    I do not remeber Birk skipping the programs last year I thought Winfield was the only one, guess I'm wrong. I think it would be best if Birk worked out with the team and did what the training staff wants him to do. I felt Birk looked out of shape/winded at times, he needs all the conditioning he can get, especailly since he's getting older and entering a contract season.

    His agent is obviously full of it because he was quoted saying he's the best Center in the league. Maybe at one time but that time hasn't been lately. If he would say that then my guess is he would lie to the media. Why else sit out the offseason programs when everybody else is there, I just don't like. At least when Winfield held out he gave reason.

    Birk should also know Childress dislikes absence even if it is voluntary, not a good way to get on the coaches good side. He's only hurting himself if he wants to be a Viking in the long run.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    218

    Re: Birk skipping offseason program

    why are we waiting so long to re-sign him. we cant lose a leader like that. it is cancer when you have one unhappy lineman. it will spread like wild fire

  6. #106
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Birk skipping offseason program

    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    why are we waiting so long to re-sign him. we cant lose a leader like that. it is cancer when you have one unhappy lineman. it will spread like wild fire
    I think you need to ask Birk and his agent.
    The article says the Vikes approached them about a contract that would keep him a Vike but then the discussions broke off.

    I suspect that they broke off because Birk and his agent weren't happy with the terms.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #107
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,778

    Re: Birk skipping offseason program

    I still believe this will be addressed after the draft or possibly during the season, remember both McKinnie and Pat Williams contracts were done during the season not before it began.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    218

    Re: Birk skipping offseason program

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    why are we waiting so long to re-sign him. we cant lose a leader like that. it is cancer when you have one unhappy lineman. it will spread like wild fire
    I think you need to ask Birk and his agent.
    The article says the Vikes approached them about a contract that would keep him a Vike but then the discussions broke off.

    I suspect that they broke off because Birk and his agent weren't happy with the terms.
    oh, i see. when i go to the game this year i will slap his agent in his head.haha.

  9. #109
    purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    490

    Re: Birk skipping offseason program

    I am geting sick of all the the Chilly bs after all that Birk has done for us and has continually does for us and he just slaps us in the face. I love Birk and t just not even offer him is Just a way to say You are gone pal. Find a new job. He has been what was a great center. never got in trouble with the law, always a great part of the community and there for the fans and Chilly needs to be punched onthe face and I would love to do it myself. Its like saying Hey Birk I realize you are what a Football player stands for nowadays but we dont want ur kind around here. See ya. I think Frazier can still be our coach at seasons end at this rate. Chilly is already startin in.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

  10. #110
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Birk skipping offseason program

    "purplepowered" wrote:
    I am geting sick of all the the Chilly bs after all that Birk has done for us and has continually does for us and he just slaps us in the face. I love Birk and t just not even offer him is Just a way to say You are gone pal. Find a new job. He has been what was a great center. never got in trouble with the law, always a great part of the community and there for the fans and Chilly needs to be punched onthe face and I would love to do it myself. Its like saying Hey Birk I realize you are what a Football player stands for nowadays but we dont want ur kind around here. See ya. I think Frazier can still be our coach at seasons end at this rate. Chilly is already startin in.
    I agree that Birk is awesome and an inexpendable part of our team, but whether Birk gets re-signed or not is not entirely Childress' decision.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Portis Makes His Way to Day One of the Skins Offseason Program
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 02:07 PM
  2. Vikings Offseason Workout Program
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 03:04 PM
  3. Williams and Winfield absent from offseason program
    By DiehardVikesFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 09:00 AM
  4. Vikings continue offseason program
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2007, 11:32 PM
  5. Vikings begin offseason program
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 10:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •