Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Birk set for surgery

Matt Birk looks to be out for the first two preseason games after surgery scheduled for today for a sports hernia.
    This is good for the Vikes in that it will allow the backup center/centers to get reps in with the first team offense under game conditions. Birk is very familiar with the OL so a couple of weeks out isn't going to cause him of them too many problems
    Like I said before, glad it happened now rather than during the season

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/sports/football/nfl/minnesota_vikings/9314147.htm
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Birk set for surgery

I have had a hernia and they are no fun. I was not able to start to get my strenght back for 30 days but that was in the seventies and the medical industry has made vast improvments sense then.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

Birk set for surgery

where ever u got that stuff its a bunch of crap cause i heard on nfl live that birk would be back as soon as next tuesday or something like that because of a pelvic injury
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

Birk set for surgery

yea thats what i heard too, but still this will help for our backups to take pressure off of him will in training camp and maybe for a preseason game...

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Birk set for surgery

"SHOW-TIME" wrote:
    where ever u got that stuff its a bunch of crap cause i heard on nfl live that birk would be back as soon as next tuesday or something like that because of a pelvic injury
    We'll see, that was the report running at the time and I haven't seen anything yet to counter it - either way the quicker he is back the better
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Birk set for surgery

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "SHOW-TIME" wrote:
    We'll see, that was the report running at the time and I haven't seen anything yet to counter it - either way the quicker he is back the better

I think that there is a possiblity that he needs surgery and will miss the first two preseason games. He had tests done yesterday and was suppose to get them back sometime today. Either way, Tice was told by the doctor that birk would not miss any regular season time, so that is great.

This will give lewis kelly one last shot to show what he has. Tice has said he needs to learn how to play center, or he won't make the team. He has been playing center with the 2nd or 3rd team so far and isn't looking very good.

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

Birk set for surgery

who knows thats just what i saw on nfl live but the sooner hes back the better i think
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

tdawg0002 is offline Rookie

Birk set for surgery

What ever happened to Cory Withrow? I know that he is still on the team but no one has mentioned him in this string yet. Last offseason there were comments made about the fact that he could be a starter on most NFL teams at center but because of Birk, we were "forced" to keep him on the bench. Now Birk goes out and the only name mentioned is Lewis Kelly? I'm a little confused.
    Protect our future...Keep your kids out of the reach of any Green Bay Packers.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Birk set for surgery

http://www.kfan.com/vikings/camp2004/notebook/080404_injuries.html

Withrow is replacing Birk for now. He is the back up. All the talk about Lewis Kelly is because he's sitting on a bubble right now and his place on the team isn't looking very good. In other news 2 more players left camp today due to injuries. Kenny Clark and Grant Wiley

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Birk set for surgery

We also gave Conaty a second work out and its reported that we will "probably" sign him, but as of now now signing has been made.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast