Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vikesboy2003 is offline Rookie

Re: Birk pins much of the blame on Upshaw for labor standoff

"Euphman06" wrote:
    Think about it Vikesboy... I don't know what your grudge is, but if you have that big of a problem why don't you visit Birk and invite him into the ring with you. You'd be his biggest fan if you did.
    I would invite him to go into into the ring with me BUT oh yea he always hurt !!! The only two real complants I have with him is the fact that he did what he did last season with the contract and the way he took care of the Randy thing when Randy left. So in my eyes Birk is an idiot that should be kicked out the door and the door should hit him where the good lord split him.

Del Rio Guest

"vikesboy2003" wrote:
    "Euphman06" wrote:
    Think about it Vikesboy... I don't know what your grudge is, but if you have that big of a problem why don't you visit Birk and invite him into the ring with you. You'd be his biggest fan if you did.
    I would invite him to go into into the ring with me BUT oh yea he always hurt !!! The only two real complants I have with him is the fact that he did what he did last season with the contract and the way he took care of the Randy thing when Randy left. So in my eyes Birk is an idiot that should be kicked out the door and the door should hit him where the good lord split him.
    Yep many pro-bowls, being coveted as one of the best centers in the game, playing through pain at the most physical position in the game, getting a FRACTION if what skill position players get, being voted captain by your team..............

all out the door because he stood up to your favorite player and hurt your feelings by saying it like it is........no thanks.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "vikesboy2003" wrote:
    "Euphman06" wrote:
    Yep many pro-bowls, being coveted as one of the best centers in the game, playing through pain at the most physical position in the game, getting a FRACTION if what skill position players get, being voted captain by your team..............

all out the door because he stood up to your favorite player and hurt your feelings by saying it like it is........no thanks.
    Amen.

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

I know how Birk feels from personal experiance. I work for the phone company. Before going into management, I signed up to be a union steward. Growing up in the midwest, I thought I knew how unions were supposed to work.

The following is personal opinion, and personal opinion only: WHAT A FRICKING CULT!!! My second day in training, one of the "old-timers" told a story of his best friend from childhood; how they grew up together, went to school together, and worked together, but , "six years ago, his wife crossed a picket line, and I haven't talked to him since." I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

There are young kids in my company who bust their hump every single day, and may very well get laid off soon while other people are making $70k+ to sit around and do nothing because they have 30 years and are untouchable. A union rep once asked me if I thought that I would make what I make if it weren't for the union? I replied that I sure as heck would, but I couldn't say the same for him. I believe in doing my best, and being paid what I am worth. If I dont feel that it is enough, I have every right to solicit the free market for other offers.

Now that I have said that, I do still believe that unions have their place, and again, in my opinion, professional sports may very well be one of them. But the Union should exist to protect the players, not to give them something for nothing. I respect Birk for looking out for himself and his peers. Ask a NHL player or a Delta employee what happens when you just sit back and expect someone else to take the stand that you should be taking yourself.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Birk is a Harvard graduate and can see what's down the road and put 2 + 2 together. People like Young, on the other hand, that score 6 on the "Wonderlic" just believe whatever is told to them.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"vikesboy2003" wrote:
    "Euphman06" wrote:
    an idiot a?

1. Pro Bowl Center
    2. NFL Seasoned Veteran
    3. Harvard Grad
    4. TEAM VOTED CAPTAIN
    5. has the Arxidia to talk out againts even the most luv'd people when they !#$!$% up!!
    6. Last season he had his ??# surgery for something even the TEAM knew was not healed.. he played through it and when he had to decide to play in pain and not up to level or to sit out and HEAL correctly to ocme back for YEARS to come and play his PRO BOWL ability?? ohh yeah stupid!!
    7. ohh yeah his contract issue.. well lets see.. your spending a season away from the game to have surgeries AGAIN.. wouldn't u want to be garunteed you have your job after you return?????

man if yer soooo stuck on r.m. and birks comments? the raiders are that way <---------

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Certain types of people, when they get power, have their thinking clouded. Apparently, atleast according to Birk, Upshaw appears to be one of them. What a shame.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

I like Birk, always have. Matter of fact I'm gonna get a t-shirt that says "What would Birk do?

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "vikesboy2003" wrote:
    Who in the F*** made Birk the spokesman of the team!!! He is one of the biggest idiots on the team always putting down other people last season and he wasn't even out there. If Mr. Birk was suppose to be so smart why is it taking him so long to get his body right don't you think he would of chosen the right surgen the first time not taking him alomost two season to fix something??? I still don't know why everybody loves him.
    You know who made him the spokesman for the team? The team did. They voted him one of their captains.

Captains speak for a team, they represent the team on the field to the refs and off the field as well.

So that's who the F!!ck made him a spokesman, the team. Now tell us how you really feel about Randy Moss and how your hate for Matt Birk stems from the idea that he in part was the reason Moss left.

Del, you are correct another Randy apologist! Randy never did anything wrong, it isn't his fault teams can not win with him, it's not his fault that coaches keep getting fired because of him, it is all Birks fault because he told Randy off!

Vikesboy, rumor has it that Birk scored a 48 on the Wonderlic test, he is also a Harvard grad, so that biggest idiot comment does not really fit!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "vikesboy2003" wrote:
    "Euphman06" wrote:
    Amen.
    I second that. This statement from Birk is the most intelligent I've read in regard to this situation yet.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast