Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Birk out 3-4 Months

Well, it is unfortunate and I sure hope someone decent is released so we can pick up some depth, cause Withrow is too damn small and too weak IMHO no matter what MEATHEAD says about the kid. He certainly would have been picked up by another team this offseason if he was so highly thought of as a prosepective starter! JM2CW! Looks like we're gonna have to draft a center on the first day of next years draft!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

http://vikings.scout.com/2/383406.html

This dude needs to get healthy.....we NEED Birk for our title run!!!!! Birk needs to heal, cuz with all those operations he is practically coming apart at the seams....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

That really bites...even a guy with as much heart as Birk eventually wears down from all those injuries and operations. The body can only take so much...and that is one big body.

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I'd be willing to bet that Birk won't be back until after the bye week. He says this injury was due to him overcompensating for the sports hernia surgery. I'd doubt if they'll rush him back again. This will hurt... you can't just fill in a replacement for an all-pro player, no matter how capable the backup is. He's a leader of the O.L. Not only does he pull like no other center, but he's very intelligent (Harvard grad.) Daunte needs him at center to help read the defense.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

OaklandVike is offline Rookie

"SKOL" wrote:
    I'd be willing to bet that Birk won't be back until after the bye week. He says this injury was due to him overcompensating for the sports hernia surgery. I'd doubt if they'll rush him back again. This will hurt... you can't just fill in a replacement for an all-pro player, no matter how capable the backup is. He's a leader of the O.L. Not only does he pull like no other center, but he's very intelligent (Harvard grad.) Daunte needs him at center to help read the defense.
    This could really hurt if D's play 8 in the box, which they will be even more likely to do if he's out.

ElBarto is offline Starter

Given how banged up he seems to have been in the past twelve months lets hope we don't rush him back too early. Withrow will do a job for us in the short term and at least he'll have plenty of time to get ready for it.

Good job we'll have Jimmy K back in the line up, that'll help compensate a little bit for missing Birk pulling.
    My head is spinning round, I don t know what to do...

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ElBarto" wrote:
    Given how banged up he seems to have been in the past twelve months lets hope we don't rush him back too early. Withrow will do a job for us in the short term and at least he'll have plenty of time to get ready for it.

Good job we'll have Jimmy K back in the line up, that'll help compensate a little bit for missing Birk pulling.
    Ain't that the truth, think there will be a few DBs/LBs getting a nasty shock this year when he comes rumbling in their direction :twisted:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123