Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Birk might need surgery again!

In the local paper (Red Star) they had an article that Birk might need to have surgery on his stomach again! Believed to be related to the 3 hernia surgeries that he had over the last year.

If he chooses to have the surgeries it would probably end his season! He has to make a decision on either the surgery or trying to play with the pain for the year.

I am pissed, maybe this guy needs to see some different doctors or a better surgeon. This is pissing me off, why did we not take a center in this years draft? We needed to start looking for replacements for Birk (will he ever be truly healthy again), and Withrow who is undersized and is not going to be a dominate starting center in this league.

Birk is one of the top lineman in the league and this is going to hurt us all year. Even if he does not have the surgery and plays with the pain like he did last year it is still going to hurt us.

Dammit we are having to many injuries again!

We need to have are dominate offensive line back like we did 2 and 3 years ago!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

Re: Birk might need surgery again!

Birk needs to call it a career and relax. The guy is a walking injury. Step aside and coach line for us. Because he sure isn't playing line for us.

JK he still has some good years left. If he could stay healthy that is.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

He is 28 and a good lineman can easily play in to his mid 30's but he has to be able to play.

I think we started a window and I say we have about 3 years to try for the Superbowl, after that contracts and age will start to take a toll on the team!

We need to now if he can play? And when he will be healthy?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Hooversham is offline Starter

I KNEW IT! I've been telling my wife that Matt Birk is hurt worse than they were telling us. Great, all the talk shows and commentary on the Vikings O-line has been 'Yeah, they're sketchy. But when Matt Birk comes back..."

Dammit.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

We are in big trouble if Birk chooses surgery. Is there anyone we could bring in?
    I BLEED PURPLE!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

This sucks, because Withrow is a sissy girl and is horrible at trying to run block NT's, for inside runs, which we saw first hand against NY last Friday night. I liked bill conaty, who we had on our team last season, better then withrow. Denny green just snatched him up though. I wonder what our backup plan at center is, if birk is out for the year or an extended period of time? We can't seriously be happy with Withrow as a starter(especially after his 2 horrible preformances this preseason) and Goldberg as his backup?

We really should have drafted a center, since you can get good centers in rounds 3-5.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Man we need to start Lookin out for some centers for next years draft. i Love birk, but as of late the guy has seemed like a injury waiting to happen. It sucks cuz when you have a injury...its like your almost prone to get more in the nfl. Damn...thats all I can say...Damn

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

CRAP!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I don't think Birk will do it. From what I know of Birk, he's one of the biggest team-guys you'll ever see. He will do anything he can to make sure he doesn't miss an entire year. I have a feeling he will play through the pain. And Birk playing hurt is still better than most o-lineman playing healthy, so my only concern is if he reinjures himself playing hurt.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    We really should have drafted a center, since you can get good centers in rounds 3-5.
    I wonder if all the people that are saying this are happy we drafted MJ. Imagine, if Nugent had fallen one more spot to us, we surely would have drafted him. Then we'd have Goldberg starting, AND we still wouldn't have another starting-quality center (we probably wouldn't have drafted Fason, and we would've gotten a o-lineman in the fifth or sixth rds that would only start in a few years.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast