Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Freya is offline Team Alumni

Re: Birk getting bigger!

Just so long as he doesn't lose any quickness, I'm all for it. Buff it up, Birk!

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Reportedly Birk was 308lbs when he started working with Morris and is now at 324lbs and in better physical condition and he reportedly benched pressed 350lbs 6 times.
    Remembering of course that we run the ZB scheme with our OL, I would rather have heard something along the lines of.......

....is now at 324lbs and has retained or improved his quickness.

Often times when players bulk up in weight they loose speed.
    Probably not a good thing if that in fact has happended.
    :
    Watching film of last year it is clear zone blocking is present but very much a minor part of our scheme. There was much more man up blocking done all season.

I said last year and I will say again every team zone blocks. Only a few teams hang their hat on it and we are not one of those teams.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Del" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Reportedly Birk was 308lbs when he started working with Morris and is now at 324lbs and in better physical condition and he reportedly benched pressed 350lbs 6 times.
    Remembering of course that we run the ZB scheme with our OL, I would rather have heard something along the lines of.......

:
    Watching film of last year it is clear zone blocking is present but very much a minor part of our scheme. There was much more man up blocking done all season.

I said last year and I will say again every team zone blocks. Only a few teams hang their hat on it and we are not one of those teams.
    Great point.
    My comments are based on the assumption that as the team gets more adept at the ZB they will do it more.

With that said, I believe that it will be much more than a minor part this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

Great point.
    My comments are based on the assumption that as the team gets more adept at the ZB they will do it more.

With that said, I believe that it will be much more than a minor part this year.
    Not if your center gains 20 pounds lmao.

We may need to draft a whole new line if he wants to go that route.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"Del" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    NOT DOUBTING HIS STRENGTH....BUT WHEN YOU WEIGH 324LBS, YOU WOULD THINK HE WOULD BE ABLE TO DO 350LBS FOR HIS 10 SET REPS....
    I would love to find out how many normal people can press their entire body weight 10 times on here. I doubt there would be many.
    I'm about 205 pounds and I can bench 225 21 times but I workout 5 days a week. But for the average person who doesn't workout, they probably cannot do their weight 10 times like you said. You have to be pretty strong to do that.

I think that is great that Birk is getting bigger. As long as he doesn't lose qickness it will only benefit us.

"cc21" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    NOT DOUBTING HIS STRENGTH....BUT WHEN YOU WEIGH 324LBS, YOU WOULD THINK HE WOULD BE ABLE TO DO 350LBS FOR HIS 10 SET REPS....
    I would love to find out how many normal people can press their entire body weight 10 times on here. I doubt there would be many.
    I'm about 205 pounds and I can bench 225 21 times but I workout 5 days a week. But for the average person who doesn't workout, they probably cannot do their weight 10 times like you said. You have to be pretty strong to do that.

I think that is great that Birk is getting bigger. As long as he doesn't lose qickness it will only benefit us.
    You also play football and as you stated work out daily. I can press my weight as well, but most normal people do not. It isn't a sign of health or anything you know what I mean? It isnt something you are born with that you should automatically be able to press your weight.

Especially on the line your legs are far more important then your arms and chest. If he can barely push his weight on the press that is of no concern especially when he is 300+ I bet he can Squat over 600. And that is where the meat and taters are for the line.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

i think with the bohemoths we have on this line we would do more of the man blocking.. but whatever works best then it doesnt really matter.

Good to see Birk not having to worry about getting back on time, actually being able to focus on the more important things

Thanks josdin00

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach

[[/quote]

And that is where ......taters are (on) the line.
    [/quote]

Good gravy we have taters on the line!!!

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    [
    And that is where ......taters are (on) the line.
    [/quote]

Good gravy we have taters on the line!!!
    [/quote]

You know what I was going to type potatoes, then I thought I wonder if six will sniff out the tater reference.......you did.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"tb04512" wrote:
    i think with the bohemoths we have on this line we would do more of the man blocking.. but whatever works best then it doesnt really matter.

Good to see Birk not having to worry about getting back on time, actually being able to focus on the more important things
    I thought I dispelled the talk about our bohemoths when I gave you data on how fast they were.

Remember, I used Bronco OL speeds as comparison or did you miss that thread.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast