Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Birk calls writer to complain about teammates...

Does this surprise you....I am hating Matt Birk more every day....

From article off of si.com by Michael Silver:

The cell phone ring tone -- Crosby, Stills and Nash's postapocalyptic anthem Wooden Ships, a wholly appropriate choice given the NFL's latest and juiciest scandal -- jarred me out of pre-R.E.M. sleep in the O'Hare Airport hotel room that had served as my all-night writing cage.

"Hey, it's Matt Birk," the Minnesota Vikings' injured center said as I instinctively answered the phone, albeit with my eyes still closed. "Is this a good time to talk?"

Hmmmm. Let's see ... 9:15 a.m. central, after having hit the hay at eight.... Flight home in less than three hours ... big day of fact-checking and lawyer-interrogation to follow ... head heavier than Zygi Wilf's bank-account vault....

"Yeah," I answered. "Great time."

Eventually, after I regained the ability to formulate a sentence, I ended up having an enlightening 45-minute conversation with the four-time Pro Bowler and Harvard grad -- an interview interrupted briefly when he dropped off his daughter, Madison, at preschool. As blunt in discourse as he is on a power sweep, Birk is one of many Vikings players who was angry with teammates for the irresponsible behavior they exhibited while staging the team's annual rookie party on a pair of rented yachts on Lake Minnetonka.

"I'm not going to sit here and tell people morally what they should do," Birk said. "But there are basic principles of human decency at play here, as well as the law, and it's not too tough to figure out that if you're going to engage in that type of behavior, it's something that absolutely should happen in private.

"Things like this just wear you out. It's frustrating because every two months we seem to have a scandal around here, and then the people involved decide they won't talk to the media. That leaves the rest of us, who aren't involved, to have to answer for them publicly, and it's not a whole lot of fun. But, hey, some guys are just selfish. They don't think about anybody else."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/michael_silver/10/20/silver1020/index.html

Why does Birk think that he has to talk to the media for the rest of the team??? Nobody wants to talk until the investigation is over, and Birk wasn't even involved and it doesn't concern him....whatta homo!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Birk calls writer to complain about teammates...

Well, historically, he has been a voice for the team.....a voice for some of the less than superstars if you know what I mean. I think he's probably right, a lot of guys on the team are po'ed about this.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

What is your beef with Matt Birk, who are you trying to defend, the criminals and deviants on this team?

He is the only one currently showing any class.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Valhalladeath is offline Training Camp

So you hate one of the players on your favorite team for being one of the only people to actually show any signs of intelligence or moral decency? I agree with Birk, things need to change. These players are acting like they are above the law and then not performing on the field. It disgusts me as a fan, and I am glad that someone on the team is willing to come out and say that it bothers them too. Too many people are "not talking to the media" right now. That, to me, says a lot more about their character than anything else.

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

I would tend to agree with h im as well, as much as I think sometimes he speaks out of context, he is probably right. I love Zygi, he'll make all of us proud!!!!

Cheers!!

Articnv is offline Coach

Matt Birk si one on the offensive identy. he tends to speak up abotu the lesser known memebrs on the team is probly takign what he hereing and what he feels and stepign up to try and get a cleaner image for the vikings. My props to him for speaking up

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree with Birk. I also agree with the letter of the fan that returned her 2 tickets to the ticket-office (can be seen in another thread). Is the team made up of thugs that now won't own-up for their actions?
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Good for Birk!

Way to set an example!

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

OK, you gotta understand that the Vikes who aren't talking, aren't gonna talk until the investigation is over....I don't blame them, as far as Birk requesting an interview to rag on his teammates....thats just ridiculous...the dude is out for the season, its not like he's helping this team at all anyway! He should just shut his yap cuz this does not concern him, at all, he wasn't there, he isn't playing this season, and he wants attention....the media is gonna have a hayday with something like this whether Birk speaks up or not

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Whether he is out for the season or not. He is still a member of the team and he has earned his stripes. The team is like a brotherood. I know of being part of a brotherhood (Army) and thats just how things go.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast