Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bills fan here... Let's get this started

First off, thanks for not inviting me to your board. I just (s)trolled in.

Second, good luck to you guys this week. I hope you play your best game of the year and lose.

Third, the lookalikes thread was awesome. Great stuff.

And fourth, I have to say that I have been a huge Bills fan for 40 years and Antoine Winfield is one of my very favorite players. I wish we still had him.

That said, I am here to talk some football, smack, trade barbs, badmouth my own players, call 'em as I see 'em, defend my position, and otherwise just make crap up when I don't know what I'm talking about. I come from what may be the best site on the web, Two Bills Drive, home of "The Retard Rollercoaster". Some of our fans are truly special. I'm sure you have your own here.

Now, the upcoming game, one man's opinion...

The Bills are consistently erratic. You guys may blow us out, you may get surprisingly beat up. It's likely somewhere in the middle. We're not a good team but we have a bunch of young aggressive talent. We are coached fairly well, at least so far. I am very much hoping and expect to get Takeo Spikes back for this game because we need him badly.

On offense, our line is average at best although they played their best game last week, IMO. We're still paying for not drafting McKinnie instead of Big Mouth Williams. But they're scrappy and athletic. You guys will likely get some jailbreaks. Our receivers are very fast for the most part. Lee Evans is very good although having a little difficulty with the double teams. Parrish is scary fast, the quickest player I have ever seen and they're finding ways of getting him the ball. Peerless Price is adequate and has alligator arms but will make a catch here and there to tease you. Josh Reed is tough and learning not to drop passes right in his hands. He makes the tough catches look easy and the easy ones look hard. Our TEs have talent but we don't go to them much.

McGahee is an enigma. I think he's very good but not great although right now he's leading the league in rushing. He's a lot stronger than people think, and he doesn't look as fast as he is running. He always falls forward, but doesn't always have his head in the game. If you blitz, he will be Wiffis at least once or twice a game.

Losman is very erratic. There is a lot of controversy about whether he is any good or not in Buffalo. IMO, he's going to be very good, but he is far from that now. He has a great arm, and great wheels, and great confidence, and a flair for the dramatic. Unfortunately for us right now that isn't always good. He will make spectacular plays and bonehead plays. He is getting better every week after being jerked around by the coaching staff last year in what was a cluster-ffff. I think he's going to have a good game against you guys, although I like your defense. He's extremely talented. Then again, another Bills fan may come on here and say he stinks and will never be good.

Our defense is very fast and very young and very topsy turvy. They swarm to the ball. We cannot stop the run, and teams should always go for it on fourth and short because we cannot make the stop when we need to. The young safeties are very fast and hit like trucks and will be an excellent pairing in a couple years but they're still rookies. We haven't got beat deep much but that will happen. They're well coached but smallish and get overpowered by good run blocking teams. You should be able to run left but Spikes will make a big difference if he plays. The other backers Fletcher and Crowell are all over the field but often make tackles 5-7 yards into the defensive backfield.

Our special teams are tops in the league. There's not even much question. Terrence McGee is the best return man I have ever seen, and that includes Dante Hall. A little biased, sure, but he is absolutely incredible. If anyone saw the return he had against the Saints last year where he didn't score, you'll know what I mean. Roscoe Parrish is a very good PR but has a habit of dancing and isn't great at fielding the ball. He's the kind of guy that averages 13 yards a return by getting 4,-2 and 37 yards. Brian Moorman is a terrific punter with a cannon for a leg. Lindell has made his last 11 or so FGs and counting pre-season has made at least 6 in a row from 50+. Both the return units and coverage units rank at the top of the league. They're extremely well coached.

The overall coaching is young and suspect. Jauron (obviously not young) has won over a ton of fans but his in game decisions have taken some criticism. Not from me, however. Both coordinators are in their first years on the jobs but both have a ton of talent, smarts, good pedigrees, and have done well. No one expected the Bills defense starting 3-4 rookies to be playing this well but they have. They again, however, have trouble making the big stop. If you need a score late, and are within seven points, count on getting it.

I look for a close game. You will be surprised by the talent of the Bills, and our playmakers. You will also likely see your team score on defense or make a couple huge plays because of breakdowns by the Bills. I think Losman will impress you.

I will pop in and out during the week and see if there is any smack to talk. Thanks for listening.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

Re: Bills fan here... Let's get this started

wow. great post!!

welcome to pp.o.

I am a huge viking fan myself.

but i root for the bills come sundays. They are the local team round me.

should be a good game!

Skol vikes!

Go vikes!!

Boy it sure is refreshing to have a fan from another team think that his team is not perfect.
    If I had to hear one more thing from those Bears fans on how great Grossman and thier D is I would have vomited.

Good assessment on your team Bills Fan.
    I will say that
    even with all the improvements that your team has made, you are probably gonna come up short this weekend.
    I know that Rich Stadium is a tough place to play and that your team is either really good or very mediocre.
    What you will find is that Losman will have to run for his life to make completions.
    We are gonna run the ball nearly 40 times and take the air out of the ball.

Special teams isnt the Vikings best suit and if this game is close look to the special teams game for the answer.
    The offense will have 400 yards and the D will have a score and limit you to less than 300 total yards.

Best of luck!!
    Thanks for not being an arrogant A$% Bear Fan!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Wow!
    Bills fans are great!
    Some of the best fans I have ever seen here!

Thanks for coming guys.
    You will find we are respectable Vikings fans.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome to the site! I enjoyed your first post...good analysis.

I don't think the game will be quite as close as you think though. You say we'll be surprised by your team's talent, but I think you will be surprised by our defense. Most people have been this year. I really don't see the Bills running the ball against us, and if we can stop the run early and put it all on Losman he'll hand us the game, especially if we put pressure on him. I could be wrong, but we'll see...I am looking forward to a competitive game though!

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

Simply terrific. One of the best non Viking posts I have ever read here. That was good. I had to read it twice.
    My main concern about the game has been brought out by you very well.
    The fact that you dont know which Bills would show up makes it really tricky. Anyway Childress is a man of detail so I would not worry much.
    Wonderful post and welcome

SuperFocker is offline Waterboy

Another Bills fan here, also from twobillsdrive.com.....and I agree with Kelly, it's the best site on the web

I've been a diehard Bills fan for 22 years, but the Vikes are one of my favorite "other" teams. Honestly, I feel a kinship with Vikings fans since we have the superbowl thing in common....though more water has gone under the bridge since your appearances than has ours.

I don't know much about your new coach, but obviously we Bills fans are very familiar with some of the members of your defense. Antoine was a favorite of mine too, though I will depart from Kelly and say that I would not want him back for what you guys are paying him. Pat Williams is another story....I first thought it was the right move to let him go, but I regret that decision now. Pat gave us quite a few years of solid play, and he deserved the contract you guys gave him.

Anyway, you guys have a veteran team, whereas ours is the youngest in the NFL. We have five rooks on defense, at least three of whom will start. JP is showing flashes, but is still as much a hindrance on offense as he is an asset. So I think the game will come down to the same thing as this past sunday - turnovers.

Other Bills fans may disagree with me, but I don't view winning the game as the most important thing for us to accomplish. Would I like to see us win? Of course. But even more importantly I want to see JP continue to grow and learn, and I want our young defense to do the same. I expect to see our team come out with a lot of fire, and I expect to see us exhibit a fair amount of discipline.

I think if you guys come with your 'A' game, you could leave with the win. If you come in looking past us or thinking we're overrated, you could be in for a long day. We have the ability to dominate a game....it will just depend on whether we can put it all together and execute in all three areas of the game.

Good luck to you guys, and GO BILLS!!

PS. I, too, though the look-alike thread you guys started was hilarious!!
    Focker OUT

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

Thanks for the CLASSY and well thought out posts welcome 2 you both

"mblack76" wrote:
    Simply terrific. One of the best non Viking posts I have ever read here. That was good. I had to read it twice.
    My main concern about the game has been brought out by you very well.
    The fact that you dont know which Bills would show up makes it really tricky. Anyway Childress is a man of detail so I would not worry much.
    Wonderful post and welcome
    Actually, even though the Bills have played strange games, and they were erratic, all three have been similar. They come out very strong. It's arguable that they outplayed their opponent in all three games, and let the games get away from them in the two losses. They surely should have won the Patriot game in Foxboro as they outplayed the Pats.

Last week, it was a simple matter of turnovers. The Bills made them, and the Jets didn't, and the Jets won strictly because of them. The young guy Losman made them and the smart vet Pennington didn't. The Bills were the first team in NFL history to have a QB throw for 300 yards and a RB run for 150 at home and lose. And they mostly dominated. Losman was good in 35-40 mph winds and some rain most of the game. On his two fumbles, one play was simply a blown block by McGahee and Losman was stripped from behind. The second one would have been a TD for the Bills but Losman didn't get it out quick enough and again was stripped by an unblocked blitzing DB from behind. He had two guys wide open on the play but just didn't make it. Those two plays, which JP just can't afford to do on this frail team, were the entire game. But the team has played well, outperforming their opponents.

I am not swearing they will play well again. they're kind of due for a shellacking. But in all likelihood, what seemed like a sure win for you is going to be a dogfight. I really don't think the Bills are going to lose two weeks in a row at home. They haven't been lucky. If anything, they have been unlucky.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Wow!
    Bills fans are great!
    Some of the best fans I have ever seen here!

Thanks for coming guys.
    You will find we are respectable Vikings fans.

Good thoughts Ultra.. I couldn't have said it better myself.. You are one of the leaders here at PP.O, and I am proud to say that I back you're every word..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast