Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Billick: Vikings need more playmakers

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I thought that LT was going to give Ponder so much time that our playmakers were going to look just fine. Shucks......

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    If anybody actually watched the game, the commentating was terrible. Billick has NO idea what he is talking about half the time, between "Gerald Allen", Adam Vinatiera, and he can never figure out whether it's AP or Harvin who has the ball. One's big, strong, 6'2", 210lbs, the other is 5'11", 180. Not exactly terribly similar. I was watching with the old man, and he said this game made him strongly consider writing Fox to can those two clowns.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    If anybody actually watched the game, the commentating was terrible. Billick has NO idea what he is talking about half the time, between "Gerald Allen", Adam Vinatiera, and he can never figure out whether it's AP or Harvin who has the ball. One's big, strong, 6'2", 210lbs, the other is 5'11", 180. Not exactly terribly similar. I was watching with the old man, and he said this game made him strongly consider writing Fox to can those two clowns.
    Whereas I completely agree with your points about his getting names wrong, etc. I also completely agree with Billick's point that the Vikes need more playmakers. Which, we've all illustrated, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out or observe.

And, yes, we started a drinking game when Billick is on...take a drink when he pronounces, or, calls a name wrong. Play at your own risk!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Jerome Simpson will be back in a couple of weeks...lets wait till then to see how badly we need more playmakers. If the chemistry between him and Ponder is a good as has been billed, then we may not need WR quite as badly as people believe. We will just have to wait and see.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    Jerome Simpson will be back in a couple of weeks...lets wait till then to see how badly we need more playmakers. If the chemistry between him and Ponder is a good as has been billed, then we may not need WR quite as badly as people believe. We will just have to wait and see.
    I do agree with your point, in fact, I am of the belief that Simpson's presence will change things. But, at the point Billick made the comment, he ain't wrong IMO.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Dibbzz is offline Starter

I just don't get why we shouldn't take a risk an sign Burress to a 1 year deal. He'd only have to play 14 games with the bye week and would be an instant upgrade over Jenkins. Could help stretch the field and open up the running game more.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    My daughter, HUGE JA FAN, was bitching at me for bitching at JA and then bitching at dipshit for calling him by the wrong name.

I was giggling the whole game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    If we have to wait for one guy to play, we do not have enough playmakers. Great teams have depth.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    If we have to wait for one guy to play, we do not have enough playmakers. Great teams have depth.
    Good point, and hoping for Simpson to be a savior is a bit ridiculous. We knew going into this year that our WR corps was average at best. I also understand why we didn't sell out for a WR last offseason. So many areas to rebuild, it's more about being opportunistic with what's available. If Ponder convinces the staff that he is our long term answer at QB, then next season I would expect WR to be at the top of our list...at least on offense. The rest of the offense is actually in pretty good shape, providing Ponder continues to improve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast