Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Billick says QB Johnson undervalued

[size=15pt]Sid Hartman: Billick says QB Johnson undervalued[/size]
    As an offensive coordinator here, the Ravens coach worked closely with the Vikings quarterback and still rates him highly as a player and a person.
    Sid Hartman, Star Tribune

Brian Billick hasn't been inside the Metrodome since the Vikings' 30-27 overtime loss to Atlanta in the NFC Championship Game following the 1998 season, so the head coach of the Baltimore Ravens said it might be emotional for him coming back when the Ravens and Vikings meet in a preseason game Friday night.

http://www.startribune.com/507/story/632235.html

That's a good little article on Billick and Johnson. I was always surprised that Billick didn't go after him in a trade or when he became a FA the other year. I always thought he would be a good fit for the Ravens.

(By the way, I thought it was odd that this wasn't posted yet, but I looked and didn't find it. So if it is there and I missed it I apologize!)

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Billick says QB Johnson undervalued

I've always been a fan of Brads, as long as he stays healthy, he will keep us in every game he plays in.
    Brad is a solid and smart QB, someone who doesn't make alot of bad decisions.

I'm not worried about his age either, injuries can happen just as easily to a young QB as they can an old QB.
    Mater of fact, Brad probably has less of a chance of injury than alot of young QB's, just because he is a well rounded Vet., and knows how to read D's and get out of tough spots that may put him in danger. Plus out O line should be a very big asset to Brad.

I think he is able to take us to a championship game in the future and get himself another Ring..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

You can bet that Billick would have given his left nut to have had Brad last season...instead of Boller!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

vikes4lyfe is offline Starter

Now we have to face Ravens on Friday against STEVE MCNAIR. Lets see how he does against us.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I am actually not worried any more about the QB position at all.
    I used to worry quite a bit about it... not because I was worried about Brad as the started, but because I was worried what would happen if he went down.

I had a lot of faith in Childress's assessment and pick of TJ during the draft, but I didn't think TJ would progress as fast as he did to earn the #2 spot.
    I think I even said in an earlier thread that there is no way in hell TJ would be higher than the #3 or #4 this year because of his lack of experience with complex defenses and the amount he had to learn.

Best tasting crow I ever had...
    I am no longer worried about what will happen to our team if BJ goes down and TJ takes over.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet Guest

"vikes4lyfe" wrote:
    Now we have to face Ravens on Friday against STEVE MCNAIR. Lets see how he does against us.
    Should be interesting.
    McNair is one of my favorit active QBs.
    That guy is a workhorse.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

good read, always good to get imput from a coach (former vikings coach at that) who has coached 3 of our most important offensive players =)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese