Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Bill Maas blunders

This guy was horrible at commentary...I thought he was a Madden wannabee when he used the telestrater 50 times in 1 game

Plus, Fred Smoot makes a play and he's like "I don't know why all the fans are booing...maybe because Fred Smoot was hit out of bounds?!" (Sm-ooooooooooo-t not boo)

Napolean Harris makes a sack, and Bill Maas is calling him 'Nap'..."Go get em' Nap"....like Maas is Napolean's homie from back in the day...spare me

Not only that, but Peppers had a superb game...however, Maas was on Peppers d*ck, bragging him up on the most routine of plays...when he assisted in a tackle it turned into a 2-minute telestrated Peppers love-fest...

Despite calling Travis Taylor 'Williamson' twice, talking about the 'woo-lbook', saying how many 'yaaaads' we needed...and messing up other players names

This guy did a pretty bad job today...why do the Vikes always get stuck with the idiots?! Fox should hire Paul Allen and Jeff Dubay to do Vikings games...one of the two, they do a spectacular job....Bill Maas, well, doesn't

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bill Maas blunders

I wish I was fortunate enough to watch it on TV :P, I wouldn't complain so much about announcers.
    Personally I think most announcers are pretty bad, but in all honesty it can't be that easy of a job.
    I just don't understand why they hire ex-players who could barely say anything interesting in a 30 second interview to do commentary for a 3 hour game.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"audioghost" wrote:
    This guy was horrible at commentary...I thought he was a Madden wannabee when he used the telestrater 50 times in 1 game

Plus, Fred Smoot makes a play and he's like "I don't know why all the fans are booing...maybe because Fred Smoot was hit out of bounds?!" (Sm-ooooooooooo-t not boo)

Napolean Harris makes a sack, and Bill Maas is calling him 'Nap'..."Go get em' Nap"....like Maas is Napolean's homie from back in the day...spare me

Not only that, but Peppers had a superb game...however, Maas was on Peppers d*ck, bragging him up on the most routine of plays...when he assisted in a tackle it turned into a 2-minute telestrated Peppers love-fest...

Despite calling Travis Taylor 'Williamson' twice, talking about the 'woo-lbook', saying how many 'yaaaads' we needed...and messing up other players names

This guy did a pretty bad job today...why do the Vikes always get stuck with the idiots?! Fox should hire Paul Allen and Jeff Dubay to do Vikings games...one of the two, they do a spectacular job....Bill Maas, well, doesn't
    Or him calling Tony Richardson Kleinsasser 3 times!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Couldnt have said it better!

During his J. Peppers courtship, he went from Julian Peppers to Peppers than finally just PEP.

It would be nice to shake up the teams following the Vikes....I get VERY tired of hearing Maaaaaaas talk to himself.
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Just fire all the announcers and hire former viking assistant coach dean dalton he does a good job!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    Couldnt have said it better!

During his J. Peppers courtship, he went from Julian Peppers to Peppers than finally just PEP.

It would be nice to shake up the teams following the Vikes....I get VERY tired of hearing Maaaaaaas talk to himself.
    I think that's the first time I've heard the guy and boy was he bad. His manlove for Peppers was embarassing - no doubt Peppers deserved his accolades but not every 30 secs - and put Maas on a par with Madden and his Favre crush.

Also someone should tell Maas that if he's going to use the on screen marker then to use it properly. There was one was one play where he was raving about how the Panthers guard had pulled to cut off the defensive end, circled the guard and said " watch this great play "... whereupon said guard just moved back and slid to one side to block a LB instead and nowhere near where Maas had indicated.
    In a word - awful, but guess thats Fox for you
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Bill Mass was terrible..... he always has been.

That being said,the whole game was screwed up by Fox.
    The cameras were getting faked out more than the defense...there were several plays where the QB would drop back out of the picture.. and then you would see the ball zipping by.. and the next camera shot would either be on the man tackled... or the ball laying on the ground.

Here is a link to voice your displeasure with the game as a whole.. and Mass in paticular.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/feedback
    no registration or name required.....give em hell folks....I did.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Maas acted like a guy who had money on Caroilina!

I could swear I heard him say" WE " one time while refering to Carolina.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I thought it was Brian Baldinger, but you're right...it was Maas. I can't stand either of them. When he kept going on and on and on about how the cross-field pass on the punt return was by Gamble's own accord, and that he just did it on a whim I just wanted to put my foot through the TV. Anyone with 2 brain cells could see that it was a planned play. I can't stand Fox's announcers. They're all a bunch of meathead ex-lineman that never amount to jackshit in the NFL.

Gift is offline Coordinator

My personal Fav was when he said at the start of over-time "If I were carolina I would have elected to kick off".
    Clearly he should be a head coach with this astonishing understanding of the game.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast