Kevin Beck is offline Waterboy

Biggest problem with the Vikings right now

I honestly think the biggest problem the Vikings have is something Paul Allen and company mentioned during the game broadcast. After one of the plays during the Colt's winning drive PA mentioned that Luck was running away from Jared's rush and finding a someone downfield. In essence Allen is rushing at the QB from one side so as a result the QB scrambles to the opposite end, where the pressure is less, and finds someone down the field. He has to much time to throw the ball because he is not being pressured from both sides of the defensive line. This is really going to be a problem next week against SF.

I grant that we need a better defensive backfield in the safety and CB positions, we've needed that for years, but as long as the major pressure on the QB is coming from only one source long completions down the field are going to be something the Vikes see alot of on defense this year.
    Last edited by Kevin Beck; 09-17-2012 at 01:07 PM.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Beck View Post
    I honestly think the biggest problem the Vikings have is something Paul Allen and company mentioned during the game broadcast. After one of the plays during the Colt's winning drive PA mentioned that Luck was running away from Jared's rush and finding a someone downfield. In essence Allen is rushing at the QB from one side so as a result the QB scrambles to the opposite end, where the pressure is less, and finds someone down the field. He has to much time to throw the ball because he is not being pressured from both sides of the defensive line. This is really going to be a problem next week against SF.

I grant that we need a better defensive backfield in the safety and CB positions, we've needed that for years, but as long as the major pressure on the QB is coming from only one source long completions down the field are going to be something the Vikes see alot of on defense this year.
    PA is an idiot. The Vikings led the ENTIRE NFL last season with 50 sacks and still had one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL besides the Peckers. This is not about pass rush. This is about a defense that has zero playmakers. We overpaid Greenway. KWill is a shell of himself. Guion is out of position and we have no replacement for Fat Pat. We have no middle linebacker that can cover any space which is essential in the Tampa 2. Winfield is also a shell of himself and while being a great tackler can't cover receivers anymore. Cook is a headcase, and Harrison is just too young to make a difference. It's in essence the same defense as last year. If we can't have a decent pass defense with 50 sacks like last year how can you expect anything more. Of course they are going to go away from Allen. It's going to be a very very long year. I'm glad I went golfing yesterday. Oh and Frasier is not head coaching material...... It's obvious at that point.