Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: biggest mistakes in viking history

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    I think one of the Vikings biggest mistakes was not hiring Tony Dungy after the 2001 season.
    I know Red would never had coughed up the dough for him, but I was hoping they'd hire a legit head coach, not meathead Tice.

In Ticey's defense though, he might have been more successful if the owner had given him more to work with.
    Dungy should have been given the job instead of Denny Green. That is where & when they went wrong.

Yo just wait. They are going to regret letting Tomlin walk as well.
    Whereas I agree with your point regarding Dungy and Denny, what would you suggest the Vikes' should have done differently regarding, "letting Tomlin walk?"
    Are you suggesting they should have fired Childress after one season, eat his contract, and promote Tomlin?

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    I think one of the Vikings biggest mistakes was not hiring Tony Dungy after the 2001 season.
    I know Red would never had coughed up the dough for him, but I was hoping they'd hire a legit head coach, not meathead Tice.

In Ticey's defense though, he might have been more successful if the owner had given him more to work with.
    Dungy should have been given the job instead of Denny Green. That is where & when they went wrong.

Whereas I agree with your point regarding Dungy and Denny, what would you suggest the Vikes' should have done differently regarding, "letting Tomlin walk?"
    Are you suggesting they should have fired Childress after one season, eat his contract, and promote Tomlin?
    A lot of people think it would have been just that easy. Of course, not only would Wilf have to deal with the contract, but also the instability of another new coaching staff, increased distrust from the front office and players, not to mention the number of fans and media outlets would would (rightly) question the move.

Tomlin showed flashes of brilliance, but also the inability to adjust and an exposed pass defense.
    Tomlin may be a good HC.
    But he is no more of a guarantee than Childress.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:

Nope. I'm thinking sweetening the pot a bit maybe before he went interviewing. But when the Steelers gig came along it might have been to good to pass up.

If you remember right, I was one of the damn few who said we could very well lose Tomlin.

The naysayers kept saying no one was going to give him a HC position after one year with the Vikings & it was all just to satisfy the Rooney rule.

I thought different & I was right.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Hiring Mike Lynn as GM instead of ME...even I could have seen that The Trade was a losing proposition.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Letting Cajuns be fans.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Letting an author and texas used car salesman put in a bid to buy the team.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Kaka who?
    ;D

I went to the old met. I have also been to County Stadium in Milwaukee, Lambeau field and Soldiers Stadium. They have stood the test of time and allowed the teams to renovate them for greater capacity without having to scrap the whole facility and they serve their purpose very well.

You also use Lambeau and Soldier field as a reference.
    I have been to both, and you have to admit that they are now, and always have been, a better facility than the old met was.

And the views? Holy pooh.
    Only about 25% of the seats gave you a decent view of the field. The rest absolutely sucked.
    I have been to all the stadiums named.
    The difference between Lambeau Field and Soldier Field and the Met is they are football stadiums only.
    The Met had to host the Twins and Vikings.
    When you build a stadium for football only, you are going to have a better view of the action.
    Paul is right there were alot of bad seats at the Met.

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/past/MetropolitanStadium.htm

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567