Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67
  1. #1
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    biggest mistakes in viking history

    1.
    Mike Lynn orchestrating the Herschel Walker trade.
    2.
    The referees calling defensive pass interference in the 75 playoff game.
    3.
    Gary Anderson missing the kick.
    4.
    Hiring Les Steckel.
    5.
    Drafting Demetrius Underwood.

    Let me know what I missed.

  2. #2
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: biggest mistakes in viking history

    You can't put Gary on that list.
    He missed one FG in a game that never should have been close to begin with.
    You want to talk about mistakes in that game, how about Denny running out the clock?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #3
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,551

    Re: biggest mistakes in viking history

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    You can't put Gary on that list.
    He missed one FG in a game that never should have been close to begin with.
    You want to talk about mistakes in that game, how about Denny running out the clock?
    Never looked at it that way NoDak, but, you certainly make a great point.
    I watched the replay again the other night and, yep, you could make the argument that the game was lost when Moss dropped the certain TD.

    Further to the list; drafting Demetrius Underwood pales in comparison to choosing Darrin Nelson over Marcus Allen.
    Now, I understand draft day is a crap shoot...but, that choice was clearly, CLEARLY a no brainer before they even stepped on an NFL field.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  4. #4
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: biggest mistakes in viking history

    "vikingivan" wrote:
    1.
    Mike Lynn orchestrating the Herschel Walker trade.
    2.
    The referees calling defensive pass interference in the 75 playoff game.
    3.
    Gary Anderson missing the kick.
    4.
    Hiring Les Steckel.
    5.
    Drafting Demetrius Underwood.

    Let me know what I missed.
    Putting a lot of weight onto Demetrius Underwood, aren't you?
    No way that's even in the top 50 of "Biggest Mistakes In Vikings History".

    Cutting Alan Page is wayyy up there.
    As is Darrin Nelson dropping that pass in the NFC Championship.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #5
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: biggest mistakes in viking history

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    1.
    Mike Lynn orchestrating the Herschel Walker trade.
    2.
    The referees calling defensive pass interference in the 75 playoff game.
    3.
    Gary Anderson missing the kick.
    4.
    Hiring Les Steckel.
    5.
    Drafting Demetrius Underwood.

    Let me know what I missed.
    Putting a lot of weight onto Demetrius Underwood, aren't you?
    No way that's even in the top 50 of "Biggest Mistakes In Vikings History".

    Cutting Alan Page is wayyy up there.
    As is Darrin Nelson dropping that pass in the NFC Championship.

    =Z=
    Anytime you waste a first round draft pick on someone that is as emotionally unstable as Demetrius Underwood you screwed up somewhere.

    Darrin Nelson dropping the pass was huge, it would have tied the game.

    I still can't believe Grant cut Page.

  6. #6
    Suick's Avatar
    Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    415

    Re: biggest mistakes in viking history

    6. Not picking Brady Quinn?
    Could be...................... ???
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

  7. #7
    aceclown is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    948

    Re: biggest mistakes in viking history

    6.
    Passing on Warren Sapp to take DE Derrick Alexander.

    Think of the tandem of John Randle in his prime with a young Sapp.
    Sapp was a top 5 DT for a good 5 or 6 years, which would have included the 98 season.
    Just think of the dominance on both sides of the ball if we would have had Sapp with Randle terrorizing the opposing QB.
    Randle on his own was a force to be reckoned with then, but it just wouldnt have been fair with Sapp along side him. Damn.


    Chuch.

  8. #8
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,569

    Re: biggest mistakes in viking history

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    You can't put Gary on that list.
    He missed one FG in a game that never should have been close to begin with.
    You want to talk about mistakes in that game, how about Denny running out the clock?
    AMEN!!
    >

  9. #9
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: biggest mistakes in viking history

    "Suick" wrote:
    6. Not picking Brady Quinn?
    Could be...................... ???
    Oh get out of here with that man...

    Quinn is even holding out for his beloved Browns. The guy isn't just cocky, arrogant, and over hyped, but he's also......Well, he's....ugh....He's just really over hyped.

    He will be mediocre most of his career, with the exception of maybe one or two good seasons. I don't see him developing into anything special. Maybe even will be a career back up, but not if he stays on the Browns.

  10. #10
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: biggest mistakes in viking history

    "aceclown" wrote:
    6.
    Passing on Warren Sapp to take DE Derrick Alexander.

    Think of the tandem of John Randle in his prime with a young Sapp.
    Sapp was a top 5 DT for a good 5 or 6 years, which would have included the 98 season.
    Just think of the dominance on both sides of the ball if we would have had Sapp with Randle terrorizing the opposing QB.
    Randle on his own was a force to be reckoned with then, but it just wouldnt have been fair with Sapp along side him. gol 'darnit.
    We should have drafted Sapp without a doubt.
    I remember how excited we were when the team in front of us didn't take him.
    We all thought we were getting Sapp.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 10 biggest flakes in sports history
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 12:45 PM
  2. Cockfighting raid may be biggest in U.S. history
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 07:35 PM
  3. Viking History
    By moss4mvp.. in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 10:40 PM
  4. Worst Ref Mistakes In Vikings History
    By vikez06 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 01:34 PM
  5. A Viking History Lesson
    By TEXPACK in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 05:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •