Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

Re:Biggest Loss for the Vikings?

Which 41-0 loss are you referring to? The Packers reg. season game...or the NFC Championship game against the Giants?

Kind of like asking what's more painful to sit through:

Four root canals done with no anesthesia whatsoever and tools soaked in a vinegar-salt solution?

OR

Four 15-minute-long unsuccessful catheter placements done with chewed-up twisty straws?

That's what it was like for me, sitting through all four quarters for both of those games.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Are you perhaps thinking of the 34-0 loss to the Packers? Either way, painful.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Are you perhaps thinking of the 34-0 loss to the Packers? Either way, painful.
    Yep. Sure. That would be the one. LOL My bad! HA!

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

I may be in the minority here, but I really don't find the blowout losses to be particularly painful. It's the close ones, the ones we "should have won," that really get me.

When the Vikes are getting their asses handed to them, I usually just sigh, throw up my hands and say, "it just wasn't our day today." Then it's time to move on and get psyched for next week's game.

The close ones, the nail-biters, the ones where we significantly outplay the opponent but can't seal the deal, the nothing-can-possibly-screw-this-one-up losses: those are the ones that really hurt, and keep hurting for a long, long time.

Even those have happened often enough by now that I'm starting to grow a bit numb. Not numb enough yet, though.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I hate this topic and refuse to read it.
    We're bringing purple back.

Traveling_Vike wrote:
    I may be in the minority here, but I really don't find the blowout losses to be particularly painful. It's the close ones, the ones we "should have won," that really get me.

When the Vikes are getting their asses handed to them, I usually just sigh, throw up my hands and say, "it just wasn't our day today." Then it's time to move on and get psyched for next week's game.

The close ones, the nail-biters, the ones where we significantly outplay the opponent but can't seal the deal, the nothing-can-possibly-screw-this-one-up losses: those are the ones that really hurt, and keep hurting for a long, long time.

Even those have happened often enough by now that I'm starting to grow a bit numb. Not numb enough yet, though.
    This is my reasoning...the blowout losses are just a different level of hurt than the close ones that they "should" have won. Blowout losses (esp. SHUT-outs) are just plain brutal to watch from beginning to end, and then there's the humiliation and smacktalk to deal with afterward. Add to that, a blowout loss to a division rival like the Packers is particularly hard to swallow.

I'm not suggesting that the close nail-biters that COULD have been won if not for bad reffing, stupid mistakes and/or penalties, etc. should hurt any less, though. You have a good point...those losses hurt so bad because they STING.

Losses are not cool...period. LOL

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

gregair13 wrote:
    I hate this topic and refuse to read it.
    LOL Greg,

Pretty much all our NFCCG defeats hurt me the most

Scout200 is offline Training Camp

ndnorseman wrote:
    Four root canals done with no anesthesia whatsoever and tools soaked in a vinegar-salt solution?

OR

Four 15-minute-long unsuccessful catheter placements done with chewed-up twisty straws?
    Wow, that's quite the analogy!!!

-Scout
    None

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123