Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PurpleSun is offline Rookie

Re: Big plays passing Vikings by of late

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "PurpleSun" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Never will I ever be able to want to lose... WTF. I want to get a winning streak going now, hopefully we will see that offense get better also. Way to stir the pot Souhan. I think we are starting to show improvement in the passing game and if we had some healthy recievers we might even see some 300 yard passing games this year......
    I think you are deliusional.
    Our passing game sucks, throwing for 266 is a record for this team. Stillno 100 yard wr in over 3 years. have we had a 2 td wr? The things outher teams with amazing run games do, we cannot. Gut the coaching staff, the Qb positions and most of the WRs. Get me a real offense.
    How do you order up a new offense?
    Vikes did every move possible to improve the team.
    BB was the best WR available. As for QB who was available?
    No one worth their salt, thus take a risk with TJ and bring in Gus.

Coaching staff is the only thing that really could have been changed.
    But Brad made a 2 game improvement, thus if he could just do that again the Vikes would be 10-6 and playoff bound.

I think the Vikes did all the logical moves in the off season.
    But things are still not panning out.
    BB was not the best WR available.
    Javon Walker and or Jerry Porter are better options and didnt suffer from a case of the drops.

Our WR corps was not 1 WR away from being decent. We needed to sign more than 1 and cut ferge,

Qbs that were better choices than TJ or Gus.
    Culpepper, Gray, Leftwich,

Or pull the trigger on a trade for:
    Losman, Voleck, Warner, Collins

We did not address our CB position.
    We did not addr the RT position
    We did not Addr the TE position

We should have drafted Henne or Brohm
    We should have addressed the WR position earlier than in the 7th rounder
    We shouldn't be drafting C and trying to turn them into Tackles. Draft a f*cking tackle like all the sucessful teams.

I hope this helps.
    BB has 11 rec 195 yards
    Jerry Porter is 30 and so far this year has 1 rec for 6 yards.
    NOT better
    Javon Walker signed a 6 year 55mill contract... has 4 rec for 52 yards.
    Costly and not better.

Culpepper's history and questions about the knee made him a risk, which would have been costly given that he has an over inflated ego.
    Gray has only started 4 games and is still a risk, given he didn't have much experience in a WCO.
    But again Brad had high hopes for Jackson's improvement.
    Leftwich, give me a break.
    He looked reasonable for a couple years, but has ridden the bench for 3 years.

Losman, Voleck, Warner, Collins... how much would the trade cost?
    The trade for Allen cost a ton.
    Losman isn't much better than Jackson or Gus.
    Voleck, Warner, and Collins are old, and not much better than Gus + trade cost.

Who and how much would a good one cost?
    Who and how much would a good one cost?
    Plus, Cook hasn't looked that bad.
    We did not Addr the TE position.
    This was addressed with Shiancoe.
    You don't just bench a costly player for 1 year bad play.

We should have drafted Henne or Brohm.
    Henne was a 2nd round draft, thus we wouldn't have had Johnson and you would be bitching that we didn't draft a saftey.
    Brohm can't even make 2nd string, he's behind Flynn.

We should have addressed the WR position earlier than in the 7th rounder.
    Drafted Rice and Allison last year and brought in Berrian.
    How many Young WR's do you want?

We shouldn't be drafting C and trying to turn them into Tackles. Draft a f*cking tackle like all the sucessful teams.
    Drafted a C because Birk is most likely gone.
    Thus, Vikes will need a C, and might pick up a T next year.

Did you disagree with the Allen deal?
    Did you disagree with the T Johnson draft, knowing Sharper is near the end of his career and Vikes pass D sucked last year?

ragz is offline GM

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "PurpleSun" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Never will I ever be able to want to lose... WTF. I want to get a winning streak going now, hopefully we will see that offense get better also. Way to stir the pot Souhan. I think we are starting to show improvement in the passing game and if we had some healthy recievers we might even see some 300 yard passing games this year......
    I think you are deliusional.
    Our passing game sucks, throwing for 266 is a record for this team. Stillno 100 yard wr in over 3 years. have we had a 2 td wr? The things outher teams with amazing run games do, we cannot. Gut the coaching staff, the Qb positions and most of the WRs. Get me a real offense.
    How do you order up a new offense?
    Vikes did every move possible to improve the team.
    BB was the best WR available. As for QB who was available?
    No one worth their salt, thus take a risk with TJ and bring in Gus.

Coaching staff is the only thing that really could have been changed.
    But Brad made a 2 game improvement, thus if he could just do that again the Vikes would be 10-6 and playoff bound.

I think the Vikes did all the logical moves in the off season.
    But things are still not panning out.
    BB was not the best WR available.
    Javon Walker and or Jerry Porter are better options and didnt suffer from a case of the drops.

Our WR corps was not 1 WR away from being decent. We needed to sign more than 1 and cut ferge,

Qbs that were better choices than TJ or Gus.
    Culpepper, Gray, Leftwich,

Or pull the trigger on a trade for:
    Losman, Voleck, Warner, Collins

We did not Addr the TE position

We should have drafted Henne or Brohm
    We should have addressed the WR position earlier than in the 7th rounder

I hope this helps.
    cox can you please give me a break?
    this team does not lack talent.
    do we really know what we have at wr in guys like rice and allison.
    just cuz childress sux and can even find creative ways to get petersen the ball, doesnt mean all of them are talentless and need to be replaced.
    including jackson.
    as if voleck, losman, collins, brohm, henne, have proven to be so reliable and game changers.

and walker and porter.
    yah that woulda been money well spent.
    i believe porter has yet to see the field yet this year, and walker didnt get his first catch till week 3, has had legal problems, and already suggested retiring before the season even started.

tennesse is 5-0, the dolphins won 1 game last year and have 2 already in impressive fashion with pennington lined up a wr half the time, the falcons have 2 wins with a pure rookie qb, as well as the ravens do, the bears could easily be 5-0 and orten is throwing for 300 yards and having 3 td games.
    i mean for real.
    does everyone else just have better personel at any of our positions, or are we not even utilizing what our players do well?
    if we had mike mccarthy the last 2 years and they had childress do you think the packers win the division twice and we still miss the playoffs?
    we should not be where were at in any capacity.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

Mark_The_Viking is online now Asst. Coach

I think this has all been mentioned before and the best response so far is that Childress is trying to make players fit a scheme rather than a scheme that fits the talents of the players. The only dumb thing I saw as far as players go this year was keeping Ferguson and letting the best pre season receiver we had Martin Nance go.

Not sure I will ever undertand that
    Purple till i die

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:
    I think this has all been mentioned before and the best response so far is that Childress is trying to make players fit a scheme rather than a scheme that fits the talents of the players. The only dumb thing I saw as far as players go this year was keeping Ferguson and letting the best pre season receiver we had Martin Nance go.

Not sure I will ever undertand that
    I will.
    Nance is overrated, and is the exact same as Jason Carter.
    Everyone was high on his shit when he was around, and look where he is now?
    not on any NFL team.
    If Nance was able to be waived, and all 31 teams skipped on him, he must not have been that great.
    Just because he could get open and catch the ball 75% of the time against 3rd stringers doesn't make him starting material.

That's me told then
    Purple till i die

Blog Entries

"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:
    That's me told then
    you'll find a lot of people around here have the same opinion of you as far as Nance is concerned, I don't though, and I really don't think he would help us.
    Our problem is beyond who's qb and wr, and has everything to do with playcalling.
    Get the ball to Rice, get the ball to Allison, don't abandon the run in the 2nd half, try some play action.
    I could hit "ask madden" and come up with more reliable and unpredictable plays than Childress comes up with.

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Mark_The_Viking" wrote:
    That's me told then
    you'll find a lot of people around here have the same opinion of you as far as Nance is concerned, I don't though, and I really don't think he would help us.
    Our problem is beyond who's qb and wr, and has everything to do with playcalling.
    Get the ball to Rice, get the ball to Allison, don't abandon the run in the 2nd half, try some play action.
    I could hit "ask madden" and come up with more reliable and unpredictable plays than Childress comes up with.
    Dude, U ain't never lied right there. Play-calling for us is just horrible, and so boring. Let's see some play-action, or some RB sweep passes or something! I really want us to pound the ball tonight tho! The Saints have both of there starting DT's out for the game. Herrea and Hutch better get to the secound level(That means the LB's for all u out there who never played football in your life) and just tee off on those guys!

ALL DAY!!!

Blog Entries

"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Mark_The_Viking" wrote:
    That's me told then
    Dude, U ain't never lied right there. Play-calling for us is just horrible, and so boring. Let's see some play-action, or some RB sweep passes or something! I really want us to pound the ball tonight tho! The Saints have both of there starting DT's out for the game. Herrea and Hutch better get to the secound level(That means the LB's for all u out there who never played football in your life) and just tee off on those guys!
    I want to see Chester get at least 10 carries this game, and Peterson with over 25.
    with both starting DT's out, this could be huge for both of them, not to mention they have a lousy secondary, and only one decent linebacker.
    If childress is smart this game, (i know, a bit of a stretch) I could see 150+ easilly by Peterson, and another 70 by taylor.

I think before the game starts (which is tomorrow morning for me) I might fire up Madden 09 and see what the result is. Then start a franchise and fire Chillys jigglybutt
    Purple till i die

PurpleSun is offline Rookie

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Mark_The_Viking" wrote:
    That's me told then
    I want to see Chester get at least 10 carries this game, and Peterson with over 25.
    with both starting DT's out, this could be huge for both of them, not to mention they have a lousy secondary, and only one decent linebacker.
    If childress is smart this game, (i know, a bit of a stretch) I could see 150+ easilly by Peterson, and another 70 by taylor.
    What I want to see is atleast +2 in turnovers and < 30 yards in plenalties.
    Get rid of the mental mistakes and make some big plays.

Do this and the rest of it will take care of itself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast