Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

big players show up in big games jarred allen not so much

im not going to list his sacks game by game .sure knock downs and hurries are important too but :
    big time games he was a no show none factor:
    sea
    green bay
    dallas
    car
    cinn
    games he got around 8 sacks total:
    pitt
    wash
    detriot
    chicago and another detriot game ...

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Allen is no longer that guy who can change the game strictly based on his own play; he has lost a step, lost about 25lbs of push. As such, he is no longer what I will call "JJ Watt money". He is still extremely valuable, but his worth is now reliant on the other players lining up with him.

Someone who was getting what the Vikings were paying him should not be hamstrung because the other side of the defensive line is just average.

I was hoping he would realize this, re-structure his contract to get more in line with where he is at as a player, and help the Vikings become THE team... but I guess that is a lot to ask of a player that has been the guy for so long.

Let's hope he goes AFC, and finds what he is looking for without affecting our chances.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Allen is no longer that guy who can change the game strictly based on his own play; he has lost a step, lost about 25lbs of push. As such, he is no longer what I will call "JJ Watt money". He is still extremely valuable, but his worth is now reliant on the other players lining up with him.

Someone who was getting what the Vikings were paying him should not be hamstrung because the other side of the defensive line is just average.

I was hoping he would realize this, re-structure his contract to get more in line with where he is at as a player, and help the Vikings become THE team... but I guess that is a lot to ask of a player that has been the guy for so long.

Let's hope he goes AFC, and finds what he is looking for without affecting our chances.
    How much do you think he will on the open market? If he doesn't push for too long of a term (say 3 years), I think he can still get around $10M/yr. Easy to see why MN can't stay with him, when they have so many other areas of need on defense.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    How much do you think he will on the open market? If he doesn't push for too long of a term (say 3 years), I think he can still get around $10M/yr. Easy to see why MN can't stay with him, when they have so many other areas of need on defense.
    I think he will either go long term (3-5 year deal for less) or big money for a short contract. Either way, I think he was mentally gone halfway through last year.

I think he MIGHT sign a cheap contract with someone like the Patriots if he thought he could get a ring out of it...
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleblood32 View Post
    im not going to list his sacks game by game .sure knock downs and hurries are important too but :
    big time games he was a no show none factor:
    sea
    green bay
    dallas
    car
    cinn
    games he got around 8 sacks total:
    pitt
    wash
    detriot
    chicago and another detriot game ...
    Allen had a great career with the Vikings and that is over.
    Sometimes it's classy to thank a former player for what their contributions were, and move on, rather than search for an obscure reason to bash him !
    Was this thread necessary ?

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    you are right smegmavike
    im not an allen hater...he had an awesome career...

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Some people just don't get great talent when they see it. Allen May be slowing down, but he was a great DE, and still a very good DE.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Some people just don't get great talent when they see it. Allen May be slowing down, but he was a great DE, and still a very good DE.
    Well putů Jared Allen was a difference maker, a great Viking, and a passionate contributor to charitable causes. Props and respect.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Vikefan05 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    null
    +1. I am going to miss him.
    Its better to lose the first game than the last one.

You also have to factor in how often he's been double teamed...

Hate hate hate seeing him leave. He's been such a fun guy to watch on and off the field. Also appreciate what he does with his wounded soldier foundation. Just a good guy overall. I can't stand hearing that the two teams interested though are Chicago and Seattle..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast