Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Big LB: Jonathan Gilmore

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104804
    If 40 times weren't important they wouldn't be used to grade players especially players that might be asked to run with TE's and RB's coming out of the backfield say in a seam route.
    Simple... then don't ask him to do it

On a side note, I agree on his 4.8 time, my point was he could probably improve that if he was in fact dropping some weight to go back to LB instead of DE
    He was actually playing linebacker in the game last week so it seems that the coaches want him at the linebacker position. We will probably see him drop some weight if that's the case and naturally become a little faster. As for the 40 time, I don't really consider that much at all when I can see on game tape that the guy runs pretty fast for his size.

You know me, provide it and I will not only read it, I will over analyze it as well.
    Yup, and that's why we all love you!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Big LB: Jonathan Gilmore

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1104866
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104804
    If 40 times weren't important they wouldn't be used to grade players especially players that might be asked to run with TE's and RB's coming out of the backfield say in a seam route.
    Simple... then don't ask him to do it

On a side note, I agree on his 4.8 time, my point was he could probably improve that if he was in fact dropping some weight to go back to LB instead of DE
    He was actually playing linebacker in the game last week so it seems that the coaches want him at the linebacker position. We will probably see him drop some weight if that's the case and naturally become a little faster. As for the 40 time, I don't really consider that much at all when I can see on game tape that the guy runs pretty fast for his size.

You know me, provide it and I will not only read it, I will over analyze it as well.
    Yup, and that's why we all love you!
    I agree. Game tape (what he actually does on the field) is probably the best indicator, but as I said, 40 times are important piece as well.

Again, if they weren't then staffs wouldn't even bother with them.

On a side note, gonna be interesting to see if he is even tried with his hand in the dirt. I think he would be great on the line as mentioned by our good friend PF.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12