Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Big LB: Jonathan Gilmore

I saw him at the end of the game last week. This guy is huge!
    Gilmore is a middle linebacker and he's listed at 6'4" and fricken 295 pounds (!)

This guy is bigger than most of the Vikings defensive linemen. We sure got some big guys in the middle with him and Jasper Brinkley.

I tried to look up some stuff about him, but couldn't find much. All I know is that he's a rookie at 24 years old and I think he gained some weight after college because he thought the defensive line was his best shot in the NFL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMRMojuNO3o

Jumbo LB hoping for time to slim down (need subscription)

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Giant LB: Jonathan Gilmore

Interesting. 4.83 forty time is a bit slow but I suspect if he shed some pounds he could get into the 4.4/4.5 areas that the higher prospects run.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

damn.. that is a big dude!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Big LB: Jonathan Gilmore

He looks tough and mean. Wonder if he can play NT or OL.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104586
    Interesting. 4.83 forty time is a bit slow but I suspect if he shed some pounds he could get into the 4.4/4.5 areas that the higher prospects run.
    hmmmm, that seems a bit aggressive Marr. I might buy 4.6 or 4.7, but not WR speed with that frame, just sayin'

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Keeping in mind 4.4is what ap ran. Not a chance. 4.8 is fairly slow, but 4.6 would be alright for a big body mlb

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

People, people! Lets not get stuck in the 40 time which seems to be a never-ending recurring pointless topic around here. A 4.8 is not bad for a guy weighting nearly 300 pounds, but that's not my point. A middle linebacker's 40 time is so meaningless because he normally needs to run 5-10 yards and in many cases not even straight. He could be running the fastest first 10 yards in history, but super slow in the following 30 yards. I'd rather take him than a guy running a "normal" 4.6.

The 40-yard dash is way overrated because it's a big difference in how much time you devote to improve your 40 time and also how it transits to the playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by "MaxVike" #1104762
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104586
    hmmmm, that seems a bit aggressive Marr. I might buy 4.6 or 4.7, but not WR speed with that frame, just sayin'
    You did see I said top prospects..... 4.6 is right in there though when you look at the other cats.

Von Miller

One of the knocks on Akeem Ayers this year was that he ran a 4.7/4.8.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1104771
    People, people! Lets not get stuck in the 40 time which seems to be a never-ending recurring pointless topic around here. A 4.8 is not bad for a guy weighting nearly 300 pounds, but that's not my point. A middle linebacker's 40 time is so meaningless because he normally needs to run 5-10 yards and in many cases not even straight. He could be running the fastest first 10 yards in history, but super slow in the following 30 yards. I'd rather take him than a guy running a "normal" 4.6.

The 40-yard dash is way overrated because it's a big difference in how much time you devote to improve your 40 time and also how it transits to the playing field.
    If 40 times weren't important they wouldn't be used to grade players especially players that might be asked to run with TE's and RB's coming out of the backfield say in a seam route.

On a side note, I agree on his 4.8 time, my point was he could probably improve that if he was in fact dropping some weight to go back to LB instead of DE, which was information provided in the vid you gave us to look at my friend.

You know me, provide it and I will not only read it, I will over analyze it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1104761
    He looks tough and mean. Wonder if he can play NT or OL.
    Maybe not an undertackle but I bet he would work as a 5 technique.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast