Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

BIG Game on Sunday

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    No offense, but this isn't a big game for you. This is an "expected to win" game. Philly was a big game, and GB will be even bigger. :-)
    Well I think every game is a big game in a short NFL season. coming off a loss this is a must win.
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

BIG Game on Sunday

I agree, not a big game, but a tone setter. Last season, the Vikings lost too many "expected to win" games by approaching them as if they "expected to win" them. The attitude this season needs to be that all the games are must wins, since the wins total is what gets you into the playoffs. If the price for beating the teams that they (Vikes) are supposed to beat is that the Vikes have to lose to the few top teams that they play in the regular season, then I am willing to accept that. That being said, I would take the Vikings winning out all the way to the Super Bowl. But if regular season losses are the price to win the Super Bowl, then the reward is greater than the sacrifice and I would gladly take that.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

BIG Game on Sunday

The last time the Vikings had a shut out was Dec. 5th 1993 @ Detroit 13-0. The Vikings have shut out a team 14 times and have been shut out themselves 7 times.

BIG Game on Sunday

Great research, tlk23. Hopefully, the Vikes will add to the first total and not to the second this year.

Abyss is offline Training Camp

BIG Game on Sunday

yeah I think the Vikes will Kick major Ass i got a feeling after their Bye they should whooped houston and the Saints

CanuckVike is offline Starter

BIG Game on Sunday

I'll tell you guys what...I'm just lookin' for a win. Winning big is always great to watch, but with all the injuries we've had in the last little while, I wouldn't count on a big win so easily. I can't remember a time when so many guys went down with knee and ankle injuries in such a short time. As far as the game goes I think we can run on the Bears, put the fear of Smith and Williams in them, then toss a couple. I don't know if those two rookie TE's are sound for pass blocking. Owens sure looks like he can catch a pass. But more than anything, I just hope the D can mutilate Grossman for payback for that crapola win they got last year in Chicago!!
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

BIG Game on Sunday

I think this is a big game for the Vikes simply because it's a divisional game. We need to play those as hard as we can. Last year we did lose one to Chicago although it was away, and they didn't exactly sit still in the offseason either. So although we're expected to win, and I also think we need a blowout, this is still a vital game for the Vikes. It may not be a nationally televised game against an NFC favorite like Monday, but it is a game that could impact our making the playoffs more than last week.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

BIG Game on Sunday

'Nuff said. Divisional games are the most important, followed by conference games, then last everybody else. Of course, the most important game to win is the one in front of you. This week, it happens to be da Bears. So right now, this is the biggest game of the year!

Foreman44 is offline Starter

BIG Game on Sunday

It is a huge game for the Vikings and an absolute must win.
    I can't even imagine going into the bye week being 1-2 and having just lost to the Bears at home
    Really bad for the psyche of all concerned in that scenario.
    Not good for the team, or us here for that matter.

I look for a big game by the Vikings and a lot of points.
    I know they feel they robbed themselves of a win last Monday and I can definitely see Culpepper "getting his roll on" many times this Sunday

BIG Game on Sunday

I am with you Foreman!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast