Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Dance

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

The Big Dance

If we have another off season with everyone participating like last year..I don't see how we couldn't go very far this year. We're too hungry and we all know how we blew it last year....but we'r a year older now..(remember we still have a young team) and we'll be ready to do it...We still have some guys who remember the NFC Championship teams of a couple years ago...

Mossville is offline Starter

The Big Dance

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dart18

i see us winning 10 or 11 games hopefully but anything can happen to any team this year, we will see what is starts to look like when we get the draft underway and what not. Hopefully a DE will come our way in the draft and a LB, if Smith isnt there then i say get Vilma over D.J.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I agree with thinking we will win about 10 - 11 games, not much more or less. IMO, having a good draft will help a bunch, but a rookie isnt going to put us over the top this year. I like the idea of taking one of the Miami LBs with our pick if smith is gone baring the Mixon suspensioin. I think with the state of our DEs, we are going to draft one at 19 no matter if we reech on Odom or the guy from LSU. They might tackle that with possibly signing Ogun but ??

There is way to much parity in the NFL these days for 1 team to be a lock to go to the SB. I definately think we have a shot, but no way are we a favorite to go.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

The Big Dance

Isn't the Big Dance in college basketball?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

IAVIKEGAL is offline Rookie

The Big Dance

I think it will come down to our kicking game and the "D"

mosstified is offline Waterboy

The Big Dance

The only big dance to me would be the Vikings in the Super Bowl. I know college football is great, but the Vikes going all the way is the only dance I need. Go Vikes!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

The Big Dance

Being the loyal fan that I am, I will say that this is our year as I do every year. I do however think that with all the tools that the Vikings have it is very likely that they will go far in the playoffs if not all the way to the superbowl

The Big Dance

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mosstified

Okay, let's be realistic. What do you feel our chances are of making it to the BIG DANCE? I think we have about an 80% chance. I think a lot of the season will depend on how Cualpepper comes out and executes the offense. I really think he is going to come through and have a great year! What do you think?

Mosstified I agree 100%.......Daunte Executes
    and we 12+ games. Shows he can carry this team
    when they are down, we win 12+ games. Chokes like last
    year...we're 9-7 again. He's got everything he needs
    around him to take this team to the championship.
    He's been given the proper resources, it's time to see
    what he's made of. For those who continue to blame
    Linehan(Vikeman!)you need to wake up. Offensively,
    this team should average 30 pts per game. Can anyone
    tell me why we shouldn't??

The Big Dance

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LosAngelis

Isn't the Big Dance in college basketball?

i'm with you l.a. i saw this post and i thought why are we talking basketball?lmao... on the linehan front, i heard at around the end of last season that he was going to be a sought after candidate for head coaching jobs next year. i'm kinda skeptical on that...
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Mossville is offline Starter

The Big Dance

daunte cant play D and let LT run wild on us because our D cant tackle....Daunte doesnt play in the defense backfield and let some no namer catch a TD in the corner of the endzone to send us home for the playoffs. Football is a Team Sport, the only sport where you need everyone on the same page to win. Everyone on our team needs to improve on some aspects from the front office all the way down to Randy Moss (very little improvement though, itd be nice to see 100 yard games for 16 games!).

The Big Dance

I would agree with the 10-12 win therory. I would have to say that with the talent they have now that anything less then a long playoff run will be a let down. The thing that it all comes down to is how any paticular team will mes with the new additions it makes. Here's hoping the Vikes made some good choices.
    The truth? You can t handle the truth!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast