Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Dance

mosstified is offline Waterboy

The Big Dance

Okay, let's be realistic. What do you feel our chances are of making it to the BIG DANCE? I think we have about an 80% chance. I think a lot of the season will depend on how Cualpepper comes out and executes the offense. I really think he is going to come through and have a great year! What do you think?

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

The Big Dance

With Daunte, Moss, Moe, Michael, Smith, Jimmy, Robinson on O
    Winfield, Hovan, Willams, Russell, Rogers just to name a few on D.
    The way this team is starting to look I can see another 15-1 season
    with a Ring at the end of it all.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The Big Dance

Well on paper it looks good, the offense has the ability to run up points and the defence has seen some upgrades - especially with the addition of Winfield.
    At the moment I'd say that with the upgrades and players retained then I'd like to think the minimum was a NFCC appearance .. of course so does everyone else in the NFC would like to think their team had done the same too.
    As this is year 3 of Tice's 3-year plan then there will be a lot of pressure on him to deliver this season - just making the playoffs will not be enough and a NFCC berth is the minimum that many would settle for

Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

The Big Dance

We won't be going too far unless we find someone 2 DEs and a LB. Since we apparently moved Rodgers to end, we need a LB, and he won't be a major factor.

Also, Our secondary won't be very good if we can't get pressure on the Quarterback...

Its not Daunte we need to worry about on offense. It's Linehan. If he can learn to call a football game then there is no limits to this offense.

I was more optomistic last year than I am now. I can't see how our defense will be very good without finding a LB and 2 DEs, and I really don't have much faith in Linehan.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

The Big Dance

3 of our 7 losses last year were by 3 points or less. I would like to believe
    Robinson, Wiggins and a healthy Michael Bennett would easily fill that deficit.
    And with a defense including Steve Martin, Winfield returning players with
    another years experience, and a couple good draft picks. The road to the bowl
    WILL go through MN.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

The Big Dance

I totally agree with you Vikeman, I mean, Linehan was young, but i totally agree his playcalling is very suspect a lot of the times. Especially when he comes out gunnin the football to our receivers. I dont like it when we start throwin the ball a lot because that's what everyone expects us to do...when we pound the football that gets our o-line in rythm and keeps the d honest...that allows randy and campbell and now robinson to get behind the defense for a big play...

Also I think Daunte needs to show us he can put us on his back and bring us from behind if we ever get there.....He hasn't shown that yet...

I not really worried about Linebacker as much as DE...bottom line we need to put pressure on the QB..we showed that late in the year...

we'll be pretty dang good next year..
    NFC playoff teams are Vikes, Cowboys, eagles,Rams,falcons, and Panthers
    It's gonna be very tuff and close next year but we got as good a shot as anyone

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

The Big Dance

i see us winning 10 or 11 games hopefully but anything can happen to any team this year, we will see what is starts to look like when we get the draft underway and what not. Hopefully a DE will come our way in the draft and a LB, if Smith isnt there then i say get Vilma over D.J.
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

DoyleRulz84 is offline Rookie

The Big Dance

With all of the upgrades i cant see how we wont win the NFC north and go far in the playoffs.
    4ee016e435d4da86194a9f140c831959

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

The Big Dance

We will win the divison. We will go far in the playoffs.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

The Big Dance

80% is way to high for any team in the league. I would say that that if the vikes address the D in the draft then they have as good as chance as anyone, but lets not forget that those who are favored to win at the beginning of the season never seem to win.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast