Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

For better or worse?

Wow what a crazy leauge. No one could have guessed a few years back that Culpepper, Moss, Bennet, Hovan (plus many more)would be gone. I wouldnt believe someone if they told me after that after that infamous Cardinals loss a few years back that all these guys would be gone.

Of course it all happened gradually, but none the less what a crazy leauge.

I just wanted to ask everyone what they feel about the new faces of the franchise because the Vikes have a completely different identity.

I dont neceassirly think its bad its not like we were winning championships, but we did have some good runs for our quest for the super bowl with these players though.

So whats everyones opinions. Are we for better or worse?

P.S. I now need a new Jersey since Moss left I replaced him with C - Pep now I need a new one for him .... So any thoughts on that let me know.

Re: For better or worse?

:banghead: :violent1:
    You republican whore!

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    :banghead: :violent1:
    Hahaha I will take that you dont like whats going on.

revprodeji is offline Starter

i like this team..
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

NodakAttack is offline Training Camp

Truth be told I'm pretty excited, but a little sad too. I liked the wide open offense we used to run.. the three deep, dc to randy, r. smith or bennett getting there long runs... But you are right, none of those teams ever got us to the big one... albeit a heartbreaking close year in 98. It is time to try something different. I can't say for sure I'm positively sure about our team... lots of question marks, who knows how Childress and the two new young coordinators will do... yet I feel a sense of purpose with how the Wilf ownership group is handling the franchise. It is hard to be upset at any of the moves he has made since buying the organization... fixing winter park, rebuilding the ship, cleaning house on people that don't want to be here, preaching discipline, etc. etc. it seems that we are trying to be the next Patriots franchise... TEAM ALL THE WAY.. find the players that fit the schemes... but who knows how it will all come together. NO MATTER WHAT IT SHOULD BE VERY INTERESTING!
    Ahh PURPLE is the color of all my Dreams!! GO VIKES!! Bring us a Lombardi!!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"willing to re-work his contract to fit into the dolphins salary cap" yah we are better off without a guy that would go out of his way to help another team before he was even dealt to them
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I'm happy with everything that has happened. Of course you want as uch peace and harmony as possible, but with a new owner and a new coach with a new system I think all the change is good. It gives the Vikings a fresh start, and it gives me hope!

revprodeji is offline Starter

3 picks in the top 50 of a deep draft is a beautiful start also. We could get 3starters there.
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I know what I read in the paper and on the web sites but what I don't know is what Childress and all the rest of the coaches know.
    All I do know is that those players who have come in for a visit have all commented what a "class organization" the Vikings now are. You never heard that kind of talk before.
    Despite what I think now I want to get a year or two under my belt with this new organization. I really do believe that Zygi wants to go to the Super Bowl more than anything else because that will sell his new stadium idea. And he's said he will spend and do whatever else it takes to do it.
    So far I like what I see, especially how this organization plays things close to the vest.
    I'll reserve final judgement for two years. In the meantime I'll ALWAYS BE A VIKES FAN!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

It's looking really good IMO. We have gotten rid of players that were either a distraction, or wanted to leave. It was a win/win situation for the Vikings as a orginization.

We got rid of Moss last offseason, our OC (Linehan) left, Pepp was lost to a serious injury, and we still finished 1 game better than the previous year. That has to be looked at as a positive..

It looks like we are headed in the right direction. We have a HC that will not take crap from, or treat his players with favortism. Tice wasn't the answer for a SB. We have a OC now (Bevell) that has been in a WCO ever since he came into the league. We have a new DC (Tomlin) that will instill a very successful defense with our team. It has got to look up from here..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast