Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Best Vikings players by number 1-12

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    1 - Warren Moon
    2 -
    3 - Jeff George :P
    4 - soon to be??? (I will hold off until we see the proof in the pudding)
    5 -
    6 -
    7 -
    Randall Cunningham
    8 -
    Doug Brien
    9 -
    Tommy K.
    10 - Fran
    11 -
    Joe Kapp
    12 - Billy McMullen
    For 2 you might have to go with
    Darren Bennett.

    3: could be Jan Stenerud
    5: Chris Kluwe
    6: Not much choice here. Bubby Brister is probably the best of the 3
    8: Fuck Brien! 2 missed x-tra points? WTF? Greg Coleman is the obvious choice
    12: I'd go with Percy harvin sight unseen before McMullen.

    Your other choices;

    Salisbury
    Clabo
    Dils
    Frerotte




    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #12
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Best Vikings players by number 1-12

    "singersp" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    1 - Warren Moon
    2 -
    3 - Jeff George :P
    4 - soon to be??? (I will hold off until we see the proof in the pudding)
    5 -
    6 -
    7 -
    Randall Cunningham
    8 -
    Doug Brien
    9 -
    Tommy K.
    10 - Fran
    11 -
    Joe Kapp
    12 - Billy McMullen
    For 2 you might have to go with
    Darren Bennett.

    3: could be Jan Stenerud
    5: Chris Kluwe
    6: Not much choice here. Bubby Brister is probably the best of the 3
    8: Fuck Brien! 2 missed x-tra points? WTF? Greg Coleman is the obvious choice
    12: I'd go with Percy harvin sight unseen before McMullen.

    Your other choices;

    Salisbury
    Clabo
    Dils
    Frerotte



    I knew you'd be the man to set this one straight

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  3. #13
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Best Vikings players by number 1-12

    "singersp" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    1 - Warren Moon
    2 -
    3 - Jeff George :P
    4 - soon to be??? (I will hold off until we see the proof in the pudding)
    5 -
    6 -
    7 -
    Randall Cunningham
    8 -
    Doug Brien
    9 -
    Tommy K.
    10 - Fran
    11 -
    Joe Kapp
    12 - Billy McMullen
    For 2 you might have to go with
    Darren Bennett.

    3: could be Jan Stenerud
    5: Chris Kluwe
    6: Not much choice here. Bubby Brister is probably the best of the 3
    8: Fuck Brien! 2 missed x-tra points? WTF? Greg Coleman is the obvious choice
    12: I'd go with Percy harvin sight unseen before McMullen.

    Your other choices;

    Salisbury
    Clabo
    Dils
    Frerotte



    I see my humor was lost on some.

  4. #14
    Turboe's Avatar
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,593

    Re: Best Vikings players by number 1-12

    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "Turboe" wrote:
    OK so I have a clock that I am going to be putting up on the wall of the Vikings Man Cave, and I am thinking about finding a picture of 12 Vikings players to use in place of the numbers on the clock.
    i.e. obviously #10 is Fran Tarkenton.
    So help me out on my list.
    Just off the top of my head.

    1 - Warren Moon
    2 -
    3 -
    4 - soon to be??? (I will hold off until we see the proof in the pudding)
    5 -
    6 -
    7 -
    Randall
    8 -
    Wasnt Greg Coleman?
    9 -
    Tommy K.
    10 - Fran
    11 -
    Joe Kapp
    12 -

    Again just off the top of my head, I know I am missing some.
    But let me know what you think...
    Cool idea!
    I would recommend using the last number for a player, that way you can get some stars in there:

    8(1) - Anthony Carter
    2(2) - Paul Krause
    9(3) - John Randle
    4(4) - Chuck Foreman
    5 - Chris Kluwe
    2(6) - Robert Smith or Winfield
    7 - Randall Cunningham
    2[8], 8[8] - Adrian Peterson or Moss
    9(9) - Jared Allen
    1(0), 8(0) - Fran Tarkenton or Cris Carter
    Thanks Neo, that is a good idea, that way I am not stuck with a bunch of kickers, etc on my clock.

    I took your idea a step further and used players whose first or second number works for me on the clock face.
    When using one digit of someones jersey I tried to at least use a picture that favored that number, or hopefully blocked the other completely out (or partially obscured).
    Here is what I came up with so far tonight.
    I welcome peoples feedback.

    [size=16pt]1[/size]

    I think a pretty solid choice.

    [size=16pt]2[/size]

    Again probably a no brainer.

    [size=16pt]3[/size]


    [size=16pt]4[/size]

    Until the Lord looks like he is leading us to the SB, I guess I should stay with this one, what do you think?

    [size=16pt]5[/size]


    Studwell was the first to pop into mind, but then I thought about Doleman, and he has always been one of my favorites.
    So what do you think??

    [size=16pt]6[/size]


    [size=16pt]7[/size]


    [size=16pt]8[/size]


    What do you think between these two (or have one better?)

    [size=16pt]9[/size]

    Sorry Tommy Kramer, I think you may have just gotten bumped.

    [size=16pt]10[/size]

    Probably no doubt about the guy, but which pose is the best?

    [size=16pt]11[/size]

    Again as above I think the guy is solid, but which pose do you like?
    Besides I already have a Fathead of good old fumblefingers up on my wall so DC has as much recognition as he deserves I think.

    [size=16pt]12[/size]
    I am at a loss so far here.
    I probably need to wait for a good pic of Harvin in pads for this slot, but again I am open to suggestions.

    Then once I get them all picked, what I am going to need is a Photoshop wizz that I can grovel to so that they can make me an image about 6" diameter (I will get the exact dimensions if someone offers) with these images somehow blended around the clock face over a gold background with something fitting in the center to make my clock face.

    I think this would be a great idea if someone did a kick a** job of photoshopping it to actuall make clocks that you could market and sell.

    And please I welcome everyones feedback on this.

  5. #15
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Best Vikings players by number 1-12

    I like these pics (minus the #12 of course)

    [size=16pt]1[/size]

    I think a pretty solid choice.

    [size=16pt]2[/size]

    Again probably a no brainer.

    [size=16pt]3[/size]


    [size=16pt]4[/size]

    Until the Lord looks like he is leading us to the SB, I guess I should stay with this one, what do you think?

    [size=16pt]5[/size]

    Studwell was the first to pop into mind, but then I thought about Doleman, and he has always been one of my favorites.
    So what do you think??

    [size=16pt]6[/size]


    [size=16pt]7[/size]


    [size=16pt]8[/size]



    [size=16pt]9[/size]

    Sorry Tommy Kramer, I think you may have just gotten bumped.

    [size=16pt]10[/size]


    [size=16pt]11[/size]


    [size=16pt]12[/size]
    [img width=450 height=311]http://images.publicradio.org/content/2008/10/13/20081013_vikings_win_33.jpg[/img] :P :P

  6. #16
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Best Vikings players by number 1-12

    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "Turboe" wrote:
    OK so I have a clock that I am going to be putting up on the wall of the Vikings Man Cave, and I am thinking about finding a picture of 12 Vikings players to use in place of the numbers on the clock.
    i.e. obviously #10 is Fran Tarkenton.
    So help me out on my list.
    Just off the top of my head.

    1 - Warren Moon
    2 -
    3 -
    4 - soon to be??? (I will hold off until we see the proof in the pudding)
    5 -
    6 -
    7 -
    Randall
    8 -
    Wasnt Greg Coleman?
    9 -
    Tommy K.
    10 - Fran
    11 -
    Joe Kapp
    12 -

    Again just off the top of my head, I know I am missing some.
    But let me know what you think...
    Cool idea!
    I would recommend using the last number for a player, that way you can get some stars in there:

    8(1) - Anthony Carter
    2(2) - Paul Krause
    9(3) - John Randle
    4(4) - Chuck Foreman
    5 - Chris Kluwe
    2(6) - Robert Smith or Winfield
    7 - Randall Cunningham
    2[8], 8[8] - Adrian Peterson or Moss
    9(9) - Jared Allen
    1(0), 8(0) - Fran Tarkenton or Cris Carter
    Nice twist. 88 was Page though. And Allen is 69

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  7. #17
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,508

    Re: Best Vikings players by number 1-12

    Hey, I love Joe Kapp and all, but NO ONE mentions Daunte Culpepper here?

    Look at Kapp's turnover ratio.
    And look at some of his brutal passes.
    Great leader, yes.
    But more a product of the Purple People Eaters than his being an offensive machine.
    11 has to be Culpepper.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

  8. #18
    Turboe's Avatar
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,593

    Re: Best Vikings players by number 1-12 HELP welcomed

    "purplepat" wrote:
    Hey, I love Joe Kapp and all, but NO ONE mentions Daunte Culpepper here?

    Look at Kapp's turnover ratio.
    And look at some of his brutal passes.
    Great leader, yes.
    But more a product of the Purple People Eaters than his being an offensive machine.
    11 has to be Culpepper.
    I mentioned him above, but as I also mentioned I already have a DC Fathead on the wall (and a DC figurine on my TV).
    And as long as he is playing for another team and given his scorched Earth policy on the way out, I think he has more than enough representation in the Man Cave.
    Time will bring back the luster to his glory years in purple I think, but right now there is at least a slight tarnish on it.
    Besides I just think Joe is one of the faces of the old Blood and Guts Vikings.
    Just thought he deserves a spot on there.

    But you make a good point in that once I do this clock face it will hopefully be up there on my wall for quite a while.
    So I certainly am interested in what everyone else thinks??

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: Best Vikings players by number 1-12

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "Turboe" wrote:
    OK so I have a clock that I am going to be putting up on the wall of the Vikings Man Cave, and I am thinking about finding a picture of 12 Vikings players to use in place of the numbers on the clock.
    i.e. obviously #10 is Fran Tarkenton.
    So help me out on my list.
    Just off the top of my head.

    1 - Warren Moon
    2 -
    3 -
    4 - soon to be??? (I will hold off until we see the proof in the pudding)
    5 -
    6 -
    7 -
    Randall
    8 -
    Wasnt Greg Coleman?
    9 -
    Tommy K.
    10 - Fran
    11 -
    Joe Kapp
    12 -

    Again just off the top of my head, I know I am missing some.
    But let me know what you think...
    Cool idea!
    I would recommend using the last number for a player, that way you can get some stars in there:

    8(1) - Anthony Carter
    2(2) - Paul Krause
    9(3) - John Randle
    4(4) - Chuck Foreman
    5 - Chris Kluwe
    2(6) - Robert Smith or Winfield
    7 - Randall Cunningham
    2[8], 8[8] - Adrian Peterson or Moss
    9(9) - Jared Allen
    1(0), 8(0) - Fran Tarkenton or Cris Carter
    Nice twist. 88 was Page though. And Allen is 69
    Just corrected.
    What's funny is I own the 2 players jerseys that I got wrong....(Moss and Allen)
    ???
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

  10. #20
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Best Vikings players by number 1-12

    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "Turboe" wrote:
    OK so I have a clock that I am going to be putting up on the wall of the Vikings Man Cave, and I am thinking about finding a picture of 12 Vikings players to use in place of the numbers on the clock.
    i.e. obviously #10 is Fran Tarkenton.
    So help me out on my list.
    Just off the top of my head.

    1 - Warren Moon
    2 -
    3 -
    4 - soon to be??? (I will hold off until we see the proof in the pudding)
    5 -
    6 -
    7 -
    Randall
    8 -
    Wasnt Greg Coleman?
    9 -
    Tommy K.
    10 - Fran
    11 -
    Joe Kapp
    12 -

    Again just off the top of my head, I know I am missing some.
    But let me know what you think...
    Cool idea!
    I would recommend using the last number for a player, that way you can get some stars in there:

    8(1) - Anthony Carter
    2(2) - Paul Krause
    9(3) - John Randle
    4(4) - Chuck Foreman
    5 - Chris Kluwe
    2(6) - Robert Smith or Winfield
    7 - Randall Cunningham
    2[8], 8[8] - Adrian Peterson or Moss
    9(9) - Jared Allen
    1(0), 8(0) - Fran Tarkenton or Cris Carter
    Nice twist. 88 was Page though. And Allen is 69
    Just corrected.
    What's funny is I own the 2 players jerseys that I got wrong....(Moss and Allen)
    ???
    Funny how the brain cramps sometimes.

    Page is a still good choice for 8[8] though.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Memorable NFL Players by Jersey Number
    By BadlandsVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 02-13-2010, 02:07 PM
  2. Memorable Viking Players by Jersey Number
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 09:07 AM
  3. Memorable Players by Jersey Number
    By oaklandzoo24 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 01:30 AM
  4. No wonder Vikings Cap Number Is Down!
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 06:17 PM
  5. Vikings are number 1
    By in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-05-2004, 06:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •