Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Vikings Ever?

I don't think, as a team, the Vikings have ever been this balanced. We have the weapons to be the number one offense and personell to have a top 10 defense. Williamson, Burleson, Cambell, Robinson, Taylor, Wiggins, Kleinsasser, Bennet, Moore, MOE, Fason, Edinger (a real kicker!), Culpepper spraying it everywhere with BJ wearin the headset.....As long as our O-Line stays healthy, its all over.
    I'm pretty damn excited.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Best Vikings Ever?

As long as we win when it counts, I don't care where we rank...but saying that, we will probably have to be Top 10 on both sides of the ball to have a chance to win it all! GO VIKES!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    I don't think, as a team, the Vikings have ever been this balanced. We have the weapons to be the number one offense and personell to have a top 10 defense. Williamson, Burleson, Cambell, Robinson, Taylor, Wiggins, Kleinsasser, Bennet, Moore, MOE, Fason, Edinger (a real kicker!), Culpepper spraying it everywhere with BJ wearin the headset.....As long as our O-Line stays healthy, its all over.
    I'm pretty gol 'darnit excited.
    We look good ON PAPER. That doesn't mean that we will be the best team in football. We are pretty darn close though. :grin:

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

1998 and some of the 70's teams could also be considered. I guess we will find out soon enough.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

The 1998 team was great too bad our coaching staff didn't have the balls to put away the Dirty birds when we had the chance. (Why did you have to bring this up it pains me to talk about 98 and the past).
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    1998 and some of the 70's teams could also be considered. I guess we will find out soon enough.
    If this defense plays as well as some of the 70's teams, and the offense plays as well as the past few years, we will be in for a treat this year. But a lot remains to be seen...still, it's very exciting to be going into a season with such optimism.

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I have no idea if this is the best vikings team ever because i wasnt around during the 70's. We will find out this season i guess.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Yes, things are looking good RIGHT NOW! But our running game will vanish if Kleinsasser and and Bennet get injured which they are prone to do. Then defenses can just sit back and play against our passing game and we're in trouble. We need another big blocking back or a pulling lineman like Kleinsasser.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Yes, things are looking good RIGHT NOW! But our running game will vanish if Kleinsasser and and Bennet get injured which they are prone to do. Then defenses can just sit back and play against our passing game and we're in trouble. We need another big blocking back or a pulling lineman like Kleinsasser.
    Kleinsasser isn't exactly injury-prone. He had one unlucky break and was injured - but just once. Most players don't go through their entire careers without getting injured at least once. So I think it's unfair to lable Jimmy as injury prone and put him in the same category as Bennett.

They'll both be healthy this year and our offence (and our running game) will kick @ss.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I wouldnt say best team EVER.. Definitaly up there if we play how I think we can/should

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast