Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Best Viking Game You've Ever Been To?

My first game was the best. Couple years ago my mom bought me tickets for Christmas to see the Vikes play KC. Everyone thought we were going to lose, but they came into our home and we sent them packing with their butts in hand. It was great!

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    My first game was the best. Couple years ago my mom bought me tickets for Christmas to see the Vikes play KC. Everyone thought we were going to lose, but they came into our home and we sent them packing with their butts in hand. It was great!
    I was at that game, too - we beat them, like, 38-10 or something, didn't we?
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

"shockzilla" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    I was at that game, too - we beat them, like, 38-10 or something, didn't we?
    45-20!!

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    The best game I was never at was at the old met and I was freezing my jiggly butt off, even though I had plenty of anti-freeze in me. It was ~1979 and the Vikings were down by 3 TDs or so in the 4th quarter so I left early. They came back to win the game. I have never left a sporting event early again since that day.
    I think my dad was at that one. Wasn't that the one where Tommy Kramer first stepped in for Tarkenton? If it is, my dad was there and he left, too. :lol:

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

only have been to one game since they dont come around here to often and they lost the game

Logillionaire is offline Waterboy

only been to one game... it was the preseason game they played here in san antonio a few years back against the saints...Randy scored on the first play of the game on a post down the middle

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Well, being the "Old Geezer" on this site, I remember way back to the old days. The date was December 28, 1975. The day didn't start out too bad. Weather was fairly warm for a cold December day. I wasn't really planning on going to the game but the day was so nice I couldn't miss it. So a friend and I piled in the car and headed out. We bought two tickets in the endzone, near the top, to watch the Vikings take on the Dallas Cowboys which a win would take the Vikings to their third Super Bowl.
    The Vikes were down and things were looking bleak until Fran threw aTD pass with just a bit over a minute on remaining in the game. The Vikes led 14-10.
    We had the game in the bag until Roger Starbauch reared back and threw the "Hail Mary" pass to Drew Pearson who pushed off of Nate Wright to catch the ball and romp in for the winning score. The play started near the endzone where we were sitting and if I remember correctly it was about the 15-20 yard line. We had a great view of the pass in the air but never really did see the push off and the catch until later on the TV replays (yes they had TV then).
    A bummer loss but one of the rare moments in sports.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

PrImEtImESmooT21 is offline Training Camp

Definetly the Detriot Lions Minnesota vikings game when the lions missed the extra point and you should of seen there fans faces after lol

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

ive gone to one game...04 season when rex grossman hurty-wurty his poor lil leg...that was fun...

peace...
    peace...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345