Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49
  1. #11
    Mr. Purple's Avatar
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: Best Viking Game You've Ever Been To?

    I've only been to one and it was us vs Tampa Bay. In 2001 or 2002 I beleive. The game where Michael Bennett set a record with the 85 yard TD. In a sea of Red and Puter there alone stood I. We lost but it was cool to see them. Hope that eventually I'll make it up to Minnesota and see some games!

    Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

  2. #12
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Best Viking Game You've Ever Been To?

    Bengals @ Vikings 1998

  3. #13
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Best Viking Game You've Ever Been To?

    The Vikings Packer game & the 56 yarder was definitely a great 2nd half, but the 1st half blew.

    One of my favorite games was is in 2003 when the 12-2 high powered Chiefs came to town thinking they could easily handle us Vikings, who were 8-6 at the time.

    Since we rarely played KC at home, if ever after the Superbowl loss in '69, there was a huge KC fan support here for that game.

    We not only won the game, but handed them their asses with a 45-20 win.

    It was priceless!

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #14
    sharper42's Avatar
    sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    342

    Re: Best Viking Game You've Ever Been To?

    the 31-17 romp over the fudgepackers in the 04 playoffs
    our only sure-handed receiver

  5. #15
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Best Viking Game You've Ever Been To?

    "singersp" wrote:
    The Vikings Packer game & the 56 yarder was definitely a great 2nd half, but the 1st half blew.

    One of my favorite games was is in 2003 when the 12-2 high powered Chiefs came to town thinking they could easily handle us Vikings, who were 8-6 at the time.

    Since we rarely played KC at home, if ever after the Superbowl loss in '69, there was a huge KC fan support here for that game.

    We not only won the game, but handed them their asses with a 45-20 win.

    It was priceless!
    Onterrio Smith was amazing in that game.. So much potential yet all wasted away. It's a shame.

  6. #16
    WBLVikeBabe's Avatar
    WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,614

    Re: Best Viking Game You've Ever Been To?

    That's easy, it's definitley the Vikings vs. Packer game last year when Edinger made the 56 yarder. One of the most exciting things I've ever experienced, and by far my favorite Viking moment! The day was already good before that what with the tailgating party and meeting PP.O people, but dang when that field goal went in it was just awesome!! I listen to Paul Allen's call of it on the KFAN website about once a week just to relive that moment!

    [move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

  7. #17
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Best Viking Game You've Ever Been To?

    I was also at the Vikings/Packers game in 1993 when Buckley didn't cover his receiever deep, because he felt Jim McMahon couldn't though the ball that far.

    McMahon launched a 45 yard bomb & hit Eric Guliford as time was ticking down to seconds, who stepped out of bounds, at I believe the 4 yard line.

    We then kicked the game winning field goal & we won 15-13.

    It was also Gulifords only catch of the entire season.

    We also took both Brett Favre & Ty Detmer out of the game. I believe both were for thumb injuries.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #18
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Best Viking Game You've Ever Been To?

    "WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    That's easy, it's definitley the Vikings vs. Packer game last year when Edinger made the 56 yarder. One of the most exciting things I've ever experienced, and by far my favorite Viking moment! The day was already good before that what with the tailgating party and meeting PP.O people, but dang when that field goal went in it was just awesome!! I listen to Paul Allen's call of it on the KFAN website about once a week just to relive that moment!
    You mean this one of course;

    Look in the right hand column & click 11/13 - Edinger GW FG

    KFAN sound bytes

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #19
    FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,159

    Re: Best Viking Game You've Ever Been To?

    The first Ravens game after we got Moss!

    Cris Carter caught a touchdown right in front of me! Awesome!! AND we stomped them! :thumbright:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

  10. #20
    enlvikeman's Avatar
    enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,395

    Re: Best Viking Game You've Ever Been To?

    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    The first Ravens game after we got Moss!

    Cris Carter caught a touchdown right in front of me! Awesome!! AND we stomped them! :thumbright:

    I was there! :grin:



    "24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

    CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Little help all... first Viking game
    By soonerbornNbred in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 08:40 AM
  2. First Viking Game
    By fanofteam in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 08:51 AM
  3. My first viking game
    By Schulzy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 11:18 AM
  4. Offensive game plan for tomorrow's Viking/Packer game
    By umaguma1979 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 08:43 AM
  5. My First Viking Game!
    By jpape in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 04:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •