Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vikings6490 is offline Starter

Best Viking Game You've Ever Been To?

Best game I've ever been to was definatly the Vikings vs. Giants game this past season. What a great game that was...setting an NFL record with an INT return, kick return, and a punt return touchdown in the same game, sharper with 3 INT's, and Edinger hitting the game winning field goal. It felt so good walking out of Giants stadium with that victory after hearing all those disrespectful Giants fans in my ear all day, I think my favorite one was "your mother's a wh***." Didn't let them ruin my day though.
    Funny thing was right after the first quarter ended and the Giants were on our 8 yard line the guy behind me says "oh good, now we get to see the giants score right in front of us." very next play, Sharper takes it back 92 yds for the TD. haha

What's the best game you've ever been to?
    Thanks MF

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Best Viking Game You've Ever Been To?

easy.

Vikings defeating the Packers 23-20 last season. i almost cried when it went through. we started out the whole season bad. losing big time to the bucs, bears, and bengles. and at halftime the vikes were losing 17-0 and it was like "oh man, here we go again. and this time its against our arch rivals". little did i know id be seeing a 56 yard game winning field goal only 2 quarters later.

it was just.. amazing.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

vikings6490 is offline Starter

"happy camper" wrote:
    easy.

Vikings defeating the Packers 23-20 last season. i almost cried when it went through. we started out the whole season bad. losing big time to the bucs, bears, and bengles. and at halftime the vikes were losing 17-0 and it was like "oh man, here we go again. and this time its against our arch rivals". little did i know id be seeing a 56 yard game winning field goal only 2 quarters later.

it was just.. amazing.
    that was an amazing game...i remember watching that on t.v. and wanting to throw something at it during halftime...what an amazing finish
    Thanks MF

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

I remeber going to a vikings playoff game in 2000 the year they went to the NFC championships. This is where they whooped on the Saints during a playoff game before they played the Giants. The score was 33-3 at the end

Formerly Viking24

There are several games that I remember well, for different reasons... A couple years ago, first game of the season against Dallas...my wife is a cowboys fan....it was a blast talking her into flying to Minnesota for the game then watching the Vikes beat the crap out of the Cowboys....

I was also at the game years ago against Carolina...I believe it was Brad Johnson that threw a pass near the endzone, that was tipped back to him, he then ran it in for a touchdown.... I always wondered what that did to fantasy players.... touchdown pass to himself...12 point play??

Finally, on the losing end, I was at the San Francisco game in 93..I believe that was the year... Where the Vikes knocked Montana out of the game, only to give up "the Steve Young scramble" that we all have to watch every year on highlights.....
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

There are several games that I remember well, for different reasons... A couple years ago, first game of the season against Dallas...my wife is a cowboys fan....it was a blast talking her into flying to Minnesota for the game then watching the Vikes beat the crap out of the Cowboys....

I was also at the game years ago against Carolina...I believe it was Brad Johnson that threw a pass near the endzone, that was tipped back to him, he then ran it in for a touchdown.... I always wondered what that did to fantasy players.... touchdown pass to himself...12 point play??

Finally, on the losing end, I was at the San Francisco game in 93..I believe that was the year... Where the Vikes knocked Montana out of the game, only to give up "the Steve Young scramble" that we all have to watch every year on highlights.....
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Vikings vs. Packers from last year. That game was insane after Edinger made that field goal.

arvid is offline Waterboy

i was at the game when tony DORsett ran the longest play from scrimmage - 99 yards - significant - butt, game sucked! I was at the 98 Championship game (99') against the falcons - significant - fun - intense and SUCKY! I was at the Monday Night game against the Packers that same year (98) - we destroyed them - and i LOVED it!

thought i'd share such joy - NOT!

worst game ever? i wasn't there - but was watching and crying - '75 hail mary - a little boy with a scar for life!

arvidian

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    Vikings vs. Packers from last year. That game was insane after Edinger made that field goal.
    Hell yeah.. although it was my only game..

The crowd was absolutely silent when that kick went into the air... You could hear a pin drop.. that thing floated there for what felt like forever. I seriously felt like I was in one of those movie clips in slo-mo. Then the kick went in and the whole place erupted.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings Ravens 1998

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast