Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BEST SECONDARY?

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

BEST SECONDARY?

I say that as far as the starting secondary is concerned, we now have the best secondary in the league. Do you agree? Can you name a team with a better secondary? (and don't say baltimore cause they lost fred baxter)

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: BEST SECONDARY?

It'd be hard to say we're the best, considering where we were at last year. With the addition of Smoot our corners are as talented as anyone, but we still have some issues at safety.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

No, the ravens have the best secondary bar none, Will Demps, Chris Macalister, Ed Reed, and Samarie Rolle. It's better than last years secondary with a healthy Rolle.

We have a good secondary but like SKOL said we have Safety problems we have two safeties coming off pretty bad season's, one who couldn't tackle and the other who couldn't cover. BUT they are both proven, can they get it together for this year?

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

They have not even played a game yet. We most definantly have alot of talent, some new some old, but to truley know if we have the best yet...we should wait untill the season starts.

I just hope we gel together and become recongized as having the best secondary in the league!

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"vikingstw" wrote:
    No, the ravens have the best secondary bar none, Will Demps, Chris Macalister, Ed Reed, and Samarie Rolle. It's better than last years secondary with a healthy Rolle.

We have a good secondary but like SKOL said we have Safety problems we have two safeties coming off pretty bad season's, one who couldn't tackle and the other who couldn't cover. BUT they are both proven, can they get it together for this year?
    Oh man, I forgot that ravens got S.Rolle. Ok than, we should be in the top 3 as far as secondary is concerned.

"duffVIkEs" wrote:
    They have not even played a game yet. We most definantly have alot of talent, some new some old, but to truley know if we have the best yet...we should wait untill the season starts.

I just hope we gel together and become recongized as having the best secondary in the league!
    exactly, we'll have to wait and see how they play once the season starts.
    "We are Lions!!" - Achilles (from the movie Troy )

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

Like others, I want to see the performance on the field before I anoint them as best secondary.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Havent seen one game played by our secondary so it will be hard to say how good they can be or even if they will gel and get along together.

Raven right now have the best secondary. And a good secondary is backed by a good d-line, something we are working on right now.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"SKOL" wrote:
    It'd be hard to say we're the best, considering where we were at last year. With the addition of Smoot our corners are as talented as anyone, but we still have some issues at safety.
    I think that the improved pass rush will help out all behind them! :grin:

The dream is alive for 2005!!!

SKOL, Skol!!!!!!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I would have to agree. You need to see it on the field. Do you have a good secondary on paper? Sure.

But, statistically, and scarily, the Packers had a better secondary than you guys last year. On paper, ours is even worse that it was last year.

But, that's why they play the game.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast