Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best Recievers

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Best Recievers

I said it was the RAMS and our posession guy is Burleson...He's a posession receiver not a deep threat...Robinson and Campbell will help stretch the field for Buleson, Kleinsasser, and our backs to catch the ball! We have a different offense than Pitt and Seattle so we don't need the typical 1,2,3 guys...our offense is too big play for all that! Look at the Rams, they don't have one either and our offenses are similar...and You can't tell me seattle and pitt have a better Corp than St. Louis...Plus who is their 4th guy????? Pitt,Seattle don't have one...We are VERY deep at this position..with the addition of Robinson! Pitt and Seattle end at 3!!!!

We're even deeper than the rams but they're two guys outshine our top 2

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Best Recievers

[quote]Originally posted by bleedpurple

I said it was the RAMS and our posession guy is Burleson...He's a posession receiver not a deep threat...Robinson and Campbell will help stretch the field for Buleson, Kleinsasser, and our backs to catch the ball! We have a different offense than Pitt and Seattle so we don't need the typical 1,2,3 guys...our offense is too big play for all that! Look at the Rams, they don't have one either and our offenses are similar...and You can't tell me seattle and pitt have a better Corp than St. Louis...Plus who is their 4th guy????? Pitt,Seattle don't have one...We are VERY deep at this position..with the addition of Robinson! Pitt and Seattle end at 3!!!!

You say our offense doesn't need the typical 1,2,3 guys, because it is too big play, well I agee with that. But in a different offense, they would srtruggle, except for Moss. Yes they are good in our offense, but we aren't comparing offensive systems. In a different system you do need the typical 1,2,3 guys. Take the wr's out of the offenses and ossensive systems.

I started a poll at NFL.com's message board and Pitt has jumped out to a huge lead. You can check it out on the bottom of the rumor mill story.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Best Recievers

Also 29 catches for 455 yards, doesn't sound like much of a possession receiver. Just because he isn't a deep threat wr, doesn't just automatically make him a possession wr.

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

Best Recievers

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Claiborne55

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please thake the Cowboys out of the poll. Their passing game blows. Carolina's isn't great either. I'm gonna say us.

I never said who has the best passing game, I said who has the best receivers. Cowboys and Panthers both have a good group of receivers. Also, if I were building a team, I'd take the vikes receivers over any other in the league. Arguably, the Rams have the best two starters, but after that it really drops off. i don't think many defenses get very concerned about Dane Looker to often. As for the Steelers, my mistake not including them in the poll. There receivers are great, but I still prefer ours. I don't think any other team can put 4 receivers on the field and have them all be legitamite threats. Plus they all are fairly young, especially Burleson and Campbell, both of whom I think will develop into good, if not great, recievers

Cowboys? Come on man...........<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The Cowboys have good receivers, I know Keyshawn is overrated but he is still a good player. They have a good group. The problem is a terrible QB who can't get them the ball, and an all around bad offense.

Mossville is offline Starter

Best Recievers

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bleedpurple

We're even deeper than the rams but they're two guys outshine our top 2
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

WHO CARES WHO THEIR 4TH GUY IS!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Best Recievers

It's a hard question.

The Rams have had very productive receivers over the last several seasons, particularly with both Warner and Bulger interchangably. Regardless of who was throwing the ball, they were catching them.

The COlts have great receivers, but I think you can make the argument that they always have Peyton throwing the ball, so its hard to say if they are good receivers, or Peyton is just a great quarterback.

Vikings kind of fall in the middle. Moss continued to be productive either way, but it seemed like your backups did better with Frerotte.

Eagles can't really be judged yet until we see Owens in action. McNabb seems to be hurt a lot, so it will be a good test for TO if he is productive without McNabb.

So, in all, I think I have to say that while Moss may be the best "receiver" on these teams, the best "receivers" have to be on the Rams, as they produce no matter who's throwing the ball.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

owensforpres is offline Pro-Bowler

Best Recievers

definately us, although there are a few up and coming recievers if you go by one and not the whole team
    699966daa73d890a9f6ec440ad82bccc

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234