Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Recievers

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

Best Recievers

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Please thake the Cowboys out of the poll. Their passing game blows. Carolina's isn't great either. I'm gonna say us.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I never said who has the best passing game, I said who has the best receivers. Cowboys and Panthers both have a good group of receivers. Also, if I were building a team, I'd take the vikes receivers over any other in the league. Arguably, the Rams have the best two starters, but after that it really drops off. i don't think many defenses get very concerned about Dane Looker to often. As for the Steelers, my mistake not including them in the poll. There receivers are great, but I still prefer ours. I don't think any other team can put 4 receivers on the field and have them all be legitamite threats. Plus they all are fairly young, especially Burleson and Campbell, both of whom I think will develop into good, if not great, recievers

Best Recievers

I'am Vikings Fan i will die for the vikings and the best resiver is MOSS
    The only pride you gonna have is the purplepride...

You wonna know way it becourse it the vikings color..

MINNESOTA VIKINGS.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Best Recievers

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by muchluv4moss

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Viking_Spirit

Please thake the Cowboys out of the poll. Their passing game blows. Carolina's isn't great either. I'm gonna say us.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Just because these 2 teams didn't have great passing games, doesn't mean their wr's suck. There are many other people that factor into a passing game, like a QB and all O-lineman, and if the team is a running team(like carolina was most of the year) or can't run the ball(like dallas). I don't think either of these teams has the best wr's, but you can't just say they must suck because their teams passing game sucked.

(1) Steelers with Burress, Ward, and Randle El
    (2) Seattle with Robinson, jackson, and engram
    (3) Vikes
    (4) Miami with Chambers and Boston(I am going by talent on this guy,)
    (5) Redskins with Coles and Gardner

The draft will change all this though. With 3 great WR's like Fitz, Mike williams and Roy williams, 3 teams WR corp will get much much better. Like if the Raiders add one of them, he and Jerry Porter would be a good combo. Atlanta is said to be looking at Mike Williams. He and Peerless Price would be another great combo.

Sorry, I forgot to put the Rams on my list. They would be my 3rd best just ahead of us.

Here is a good way to compare receiving corps for the different teams. Take the #1 WR away from us, Rams, Pitt, Seattle, and so on. Pit would still have Burress and Randel El, Seattle would still have Jackson and Engram, The Rams would have Bruce and Looker, we would have Robinson and Cambell, and the skins would have Gardner and Darnerian McCants.

Burress and Randle El cobined for 1224 and 5 TD's
    Jackson and engram combined for 1533 yards and 10 Td's
    Bruce and Looker combined for 1476 yards 8 TD's
    Robinson and Cambell combined for 973 yards and 10 TD's
    Gardner and McCants combined for 960 yards and 11 TD's

How many people would take our #2 and #3 wr's over those others? Some will but not that many. I realize adding Moss makes them better, but one guy, EVEN MOSS, does not make our wr's that much better.

Then look at how the groups of receivers compliment each other. I believe Pitt's and Seattle's WR compliment each other very very well. The have the quick slot receiver, the big play deep receiver, and the tough over the middle possession receiver. we need the quick slot wr and the tough possession receiver. We have all deep guys in Cambell, Moss and Robinson. The thing that put Pitt over the top in my opinion, is their wr's abilities to block.

Some guys need to realize we are talking strictly about the receiving corps of each team and not the teams passing game. Put all these receivers in the same offense and who would be the best group? I say Pitt and then Seattle, with the Rams and us battling for 3rd. These are my opinions and I don't expect everybody to agree. I have given my reasons for my beliefs, so if you disagree, give some reasons you think your right. Most people are just saying that other people are wrong, and then giving teams they believe are right, with no explaination of why they are right and we are wrong.

Best Recievers

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bleedpurple

First off it takes rookie receivers at least two years to make a significant impact unless your name is Moss or that rookie for the Cardinals. So you may not be able to say that just yet.
    And I don't know what your going by but there is no way Seattle and Pitt have better receivers that Us...I hope that's not what your saying...and PLEASE TAKE THE DEADSKINS OFF THAT LIST!!!!! HOW DARE YOU

If your gonna say I am wrong and your right, at least gives some reasons why.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Best Recievers

OK DOgg;muchlove 4 moss

here is my reason, although i did not know those stats you can't base it solely on that! We throw the ball to WAY more people because we have a balanced offense and we don't run the west coast offense...OUr offesne is based on the big play..So you mean you'd take Seattle's receivers over ours..I don't think so...Plus we throw the ball to MOSS way more than any other receiver on our roster...Look at the stats we dwarf them...and MOSS is twice as good as anybody Seattle has so you can't take him out of the equation it does't make since to do that...We aren't comparing supporting casts but the whole receiver corps...PLUS Robinson was hurt last year coming on in the last 5 games...If you pro-rate his performance over an entire season from the 5 games on he has 1200 yards and 19 touchdowns....HOW BOUT THEM APPLES!!!!
    and for PITT i'd take 973 yards and 10 td's over 1224 yards and 5 td's ahy day...SO there's my support!

Best Recievers

MY Bad about the typo's
    and 1 more thing.....

If you compare the whole receiver production to them we have...

team yds td
    Minn 2605 27
    sea 2670 19
    pitt 2387 15

Now do you still think PITT and Seattle have better receivers???

Best Recievers

MY Bad about the typo's
    and 1 more thing.....

If you compare the whole receiver production to them we have...

team yds td
    Minn 2605 27
    sea 2670 19
    pitt 2387 15

Now do you still think PITT and Seattle have better receivers???

Best Recievers

My fault...one final thing..

YDS per catch
    Moss 14.7
    Burleson 15.7
    Campbell 20.9
    Robinson 14.6

Burress 14.3
    ward 12.2
    Randel el 9.8

engram 12.3
    robinson 13.8
    jackson 16.7

So again DOGG no COMPARISON!!! IM done for real this time

Best Recievers

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bleedpurple

My fault...one final thing..

YDS per catch
    Moss 14.7
    Burleson 15.7
    Campbell 20.9
    Robinson 14.6

Burress 14.3
    ward 12.2
    Randel el 9.8

engram 12.3
    robinson 13.8
    jackson 16.7

So again DOGG no COMPARISON!!! IM done for real this time

Finally, someone at least gives some reasons for their beliefs. THANK YOU. I still believe that as a group, Pitt's and Seattle's are better. They play perfectly together as a group. Your last stats just show that our guys are all deep threat WR's. I don't believe cambell and burleson would be very good without Moss. Again, putting these receivers in the same offense, I don't see ours outpreforming Pitt or Seattle. I wish I wouldn't have even brought stats into this, because the stats are a reflection of the whole offense, the QB, RB, and O-line. We need the possession receiver. The tough receiver that goes over the middle. We don't have that and that in my mind is what hurts our group. For those of you that are hoping Robinson is this guy, he isn't. He is another big play receiver(which is good in some ways). Yes, Moss is way better than any of Seattle's WR's, but still as a group I believe they would preform good in any offense. With our wr's, only Moss would do good in any offense. Pitt's wr's would also be good in any offense. They have deep threat, possession, and a quick slot guy. It might be hard for some people to believe Pitt has better wr's because of the bad play of their offense last year, but that was a product of bad QB play and a horrible O-line. At the beginning of last season, I heard ESPN football experts saying how they thoguht Pitt had the best wr corp, not that this means it's true in any way, but that at least counts a little in my favor. They are a little more unbias then we are. I say we go to a neutral football site, that has fans of all teams there and pose this question. I bet anything Minnesota doesn't get very many votes. It is too bias in here for this arguement.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Best Recievers

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Claiborne55

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Please thake the Cowboys out of the poll. Their passing game blows. Carolina's isn't great either. I'm gonna say us.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I never said who has the best passing game, I said who has the best receivers. Cowboys and Panthers both have a good group of receivers. Also, if I were building a team, I'd take the vikes receivers over any other in the league. Arguably, the Rams have the best two starters, but after that it really drops off. i don't think many defenses get very concerned about Dane Looker to often. As for the Steelers, my mistake not including them in the poll. There receivers are great, but I still prefer ours. I don't think any other team can put 4 receivers on the field and have them all be legitamite threats. Plus they all are fairly young, especially Burleson and Campbell, both of whom I think will develop into good, if not great, recievers
    Cowboys? Come on man...........

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast