Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Recievers

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Best Recievers

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Frozen Tundran

Green Bay; Laugh it up now, but you won't be laughing this time next year. Driver, Ferguson and Walker are all potential all-pros.....

And all of them have a HoF QB throwing to them, what other squad can boast that? ;-)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Peyton will probably be HoF. Culpepper can as well if he wins a superbowl. Farve has only won one superbowl, I don't see what the fuss is about. Besides the GB receivers won't catch many passes if Farve keeps throwing to their opponents secondary.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Best Recievers

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ItalianStallion

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Frozen Tundran

Green Bay; Laugh it up now, but you won't be laughing this time next year. Driver, Ferguson and Walker are all potential all-pros.....

And all of them have a HoF QB throwing to them, what other squad can boast that? ;-)

>Peyton will probably be HoF. Culpepper can as well if he wins a superbowl. Farve has only won one superbowl, I don't see what the fuss is about. Besides the GB receivers won't catch many passes if Farve keeps throwing to their opponents secondary.

Peyton is certainly on the right track, but Culpepper needs to take his game to the next level before anyone considers him HoF material.

Interceptions are the risk you take throwing the ball down the field. If you never throw the ball more than five yards, chances are slim you'll ever be intercepted, but then again you won't score many points either. One thing that's pretty much apparent from looking at the records of HoF QBs is almost all of them threw interceptions, usually having years in the prime of their careeer when it was about 20 per year. Brett is not unusual in that regard and Peyton throws more interceptions than Brett.

You wanna hear something freaky? You know who led the NFL in TDs last season? It wasn't the Great Peyton with his Marvelous reciever, nor Culpepper with the Great Moss.

It was Brett Favre throwing to Javon Walker, Donald Driver, Robert Ferguson and Bubba Franks.

Go figure.
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Best Recievers

This one goes to the steelers, hands down. They have 3 wr's that compliment each other very well. They have Burress, the tall deep threat, Ward is the tough posession guy, and Randle el is the small quick slot guy. I am as much a vikes fan as any of you guys, but even with Moss, our wr's aren't as good as there's, at least not yet. We still need that tough, physical wr, who lives over the middle. Our WR's just don't compliment each other very well yet.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Best Recievers

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Viking_Spirit

Please thake the Cowboys out of the poll. Their passing game blows. Carolina's isn't great either. I'm gonna say us.

Just because these 2 teams didn't have great passing games, doesn't mean their wr's suck. There are many other people that factor into a passing game, like a QB and all O-lineman, and if the team is a running team(like carolina was most of the year) or can't run the ball(like dallas). I don't think either of these teams has the best wr's, but you can't just say they must suck because their teams passing game sucked.

(1) Steelers with Burress, Ward, and Randle El
    (2) Seattle with Robinson, jackson, and engram
    (3) Vikes
    (4) Miami with Chambers and Boston(I am going by talent on this guy,)
    (5) Redskins with Coles and Gardner

The draft will change all this though. With 3 great WR's like Fitz, Mike williams and Roy williams, 3 teams WR corp will get much much better. Like if the Raiders add one of them, he and Jerry Porter would be a good combo. Atlanta is said to be looking at Mike Williams. He and Peerless Price would be another great combo.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Best Recievers

I forgot about the steelers but I must admit, although Plax is a good receiver he drops a lot of passes and played like a bumb last year. Hines Ward is the truth and Randel el is good but...I still the Rams have it! Noone on their team matches Holt and Bruce! Holt is the best route runner in the NFL BAR NONE he seems to always be open and Bruce is just that BRUCE!!! Our receivers are young so after this year hopefully we'll be the best.

Best Recievers

First off it takes rookie receivers at least two years to make a significant impact unless your name is Moss or that rookie for the Cardinals. So you may not be able to say that just yet.
    And I don't know what your going by but there is no way Seattle and Pitt have better receivers that Us...I hope that's not what your saying...and PLEASE TAKE THE DEADSKINS OFF THAT LIST!!!!! HOW DARE YOU

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Best Recievers

The "Dead"skins couldn't possibly get any worse, therefor they will improve drasticly under a new coach, a legend if you ask me. They have a pretty good Offence, with coles and That guy from Denver, cant remember his name. Their Defence needs some work, but Gibbs will get it done. They wont be anywhere neer as good as us. maybe in a couple years tho... bad teams are getting good... see Panthers and Bengals.

Kleinsasser is offline Rookie

Best Recievers

I say the Vikes or Rams. I really think that the ram's recievers are under-rated, even for how good people think they are. Every time I watch them play they impress me. But still I think that the Vikes have the best recievers. The speed, catching, and jumping ability of Moss is unmatched, Robinson will bring a greatly needed possesion 2nd WR, plus he has some speed. Then we always have our 3rd and 4th WRs Burleson and Campbell. Burley has a great catching ability, and campbell can go deep with his speed.
    Latoya Jackson: "Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub...Yay God!"

Mossville is offline Starter

Best Recievers

wow are Viking fans blinded by that purple haze in front of them. I love the vikes to death but I Know for sure that we dont have the best WR combo in the league, and if we did...why would Moe Williams have more receptions than Kelly and Nate combined? Because they are not good receivers, they are average. Packers combo is better overall, Steelers are better, Rams are better, a case can be made for Tennesse's receivers, Dallas has great receivers with a horrid QB. Just because we have the best WR in the game doesnt mean that our WRs are the best in the league.

Best Recievers

WHOA CHILL FOR A MINUTE, although I am in avid supporter of the purple haze (All I have to say is Amsterdam) I'm not sure about about PITT, Dallas or the Pack! THe only reason the pack are so good is b/c of Brett Favre he makes anyone look good. Imagine Favre on Minnesota...That is definately scarry and automatically make burleson and campbell very good... Burgess drops more passes than T.O. (esp. last year) and all Dallas receivers are O-VER-RATED!!!! Galloway/Johnson are old and over-rated, and T. Glenn has never llived up to expectations...Sorry CHARLIE...but as I very well know it is an opinion...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast