Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

BEST QUARTERBACKS...

I'm gonna take some fire for this but...
    Roethlisberger hasn't really been that good! he's won, and that's important, but i don't think its the talent of roethlisberger thats making the steelers win, its the system of the offense. Roethlisberger is handsdown the best rookie QB in a long time, but i wouldnt say hes one of the best this year.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

BEST QUARTERBACKS...

"vegasvike" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Peyton, end of story. He has been the best the last couple seasons.

yo I.S. you know I respect you ALOT but to say Peyton is the better QB when all he has in site is accomplishments for himself and not the team is pushing it especially with 32 and 33 in the backfield is crazy
    Who would you say is? How else are we supposed to determine who the best player at a position is EXCEPT by looking at their individual performance? If you don't you are just judging which team, or group of players is the best.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

BEST QUARTERBACKS...

"ndakvikefan" wrote:
    Vick does not belong in the topic at all. He is a terrible QB. he can't throw running to his right at all nor can he understand the offense or read defenses. He is 23rd in the NFL in passing yards and 24th in TD passes and has a QB rating of 83. There are 8 QB's in the league that have not even played the whole season with better numbers.
    Now that being said, Vick is by far the best athelete of all QB's in the league. He leads the Falcons in rushing and rushing TD's. He is a unreal talent but not a very good QB. History shows that if he does not improve as a QB he will be like R. Cunningham, K. Stewart, or Randell EL. All great college QB's running all over teams and doing the same in the NFL until they get slowed by age or injury and then they become just ordinary. Look at Cunningham, after teams figured out how to stop Moss, Cunningham was lost. Stewart was the same , as soon as defenses stopped his running he was lost, and Randell El they just put him at WR right away. I think Vicks career will be shortened due to injury or defenses will figure out how to stop his running and then he will be just ordinary. But he is without a doubt one of the top 3 atheletes in the NFL.
    I'm with you, well said.
    GO PACKERS!

owensforpres is offline Pro-Bowler

BEST QUARTERBACKS...

we have fans in indy. i just read in beckett monthly a guy got an eli manning jersey/autograph card, and he put in on ebay right away for 2 reasons.......
    1) I am a vikings fan.
    reason 2 is no concern lol
    699966daa73d890a9f6ec440ad82bccc

BEST QUARTERBACKS...

I just want to say that towards the end of the list, I became a little stumped, so I chose QB's on how I saw them when I watched. I chose Vick b/c the falcons have average receivers. When Vick went out there he made them awesome receivers and led his team to the playoffs (this was when they were 9-6-1). Carr is on there because of his accomplishments against the Vikes in week 5 or 6. He played like a great QB and almost had his 3rd consecutive win. Favre had to be on there, but somewhere on the bottom sat nicely....seriously though, he's a good talented quarterback. If he wasn't, then we really have a reason to be bragging on how Culpepper's better. The reason I spend the time making the list though was so that you could copy and paste and make the adjustments on how you see fit. :salute:
    Sean Saunders

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

BEST QUARTERBACKS...

As for how I rate QB's I also look at thier leadership on the field so I would say Vick must be on the list as we all saw how bad the birds were last season without him.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

BEST QUARTERBACKS...

Peerless Price was much more than average before Vik, and Carlestor Crumpler is one of the better TE's in the league, Dez White is a pretty good reciever and Michael Jenkins is a 12 year vet. Yet with these recivers Vik is still not even in the top 20 in passing.
    Pepper has had a 2nd year WR in Burleson, a below average Kelly Cambell an injured Marcus Robinson, and a TE in Wiggens in the last 4 weeks and he has outperformed Vik.
    How you think Vik has made his recievers awesome is beyond me, doesnt a QB have to throw to recievers in order to make them better?
    Here are some Vik numbers to prove my point. In 8 of ten games this year Vik has failed to throw for 200 yars in one he threw for 206 and in two he could not even get 100. Look at these great stats of the great Vik. 132 vs. SF, 174, 89 vs freaking AZ, 148, 185 vs Det, 206, 119 vs the powerful defense in KC, 120 and 97.
    Now do you really think Mike Vik even belongs in the conversation of who is the best QB in the league??????????
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

BEST QUARTERBACKS...

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "vegasvike" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Peyton, end of story. He has been the best the last couple seasons.

yo I.S. you know I respect you ALOT but to say Peyton is the better QB when all he has in site is accomplishments for himself and not the team is pushing it especially with 32 and 33 in the backfield is crazy
    Who would you say is? How else are we supposed to determine who the best player at a position is EXCEPT by looking at their individual performance? If you don't you are just judging which team, or group of players is the best.
    YO what up CASPER! As for the best QB I don't know I think that for a complete QB he has to be able to 1) pass the the ball effective( no shit right) 2) if the pocket caves in get the hell out of there and P.Man just really start doing that this season 3) be able to read a defence and 4) be a leader. If I'm not wrong has DC matured into this? I am not sayin that DC is the best but I know that I would NOT Manning in the same class as #8 Steve Young. But like I said Stali I know that you know your shit dude but that is just my opinion on the best QB
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12